Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Guilty pleasures

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's some book out at the moment (Christmas stocking filler market, methinks) about life's guilty pleasures.

The things you secretly quite like but are a bit embarrassed to admit, due to their often excruciating lack of cool-ness, or the fact that they're just a little bit crappy....

I'll start...

-Neighbours

-CDs of Christmas music

-the film Love Actually

-having fish fingers and chips for dinner

-the Muppets Christmas Carol

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GuiltyPleasures.jpg

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have wanted to do some sort of upper body workout the last couple of weeks and have moved from my girlfriend's house. She had some weight to flap around. Not jellyfish booboids. I went down Argos, and the weights were too heavy to carry to new home, so i got a quick refund and had to invent an alternative. I looked in the cupboard and decided 1 can of butter beans was fine for the left hand, while the right clasped a slightly heavier tin of chick peas. I stretch and throw my arms with these two sealed pots in hand and pray to God that no one can see me or name me. About 20 minutes with music on, curtains thoroughly drawn.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Going to the cinema or theatre in the afternoon: love coming out when people are going home from work.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Celebrity come dancing and the Archers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
I have wanted to do some sort of upper body workout the last couple of weeks and have moved from my girlfriend's house. She had some weight to flap around. Not jellyfish booboids. I went down Argos, and the weights were too heavy to carry to new home, so i got a quick refund and had to invent an alternative. I looked in the cupboard and decided 1 can of butter beans was fine for the left hand, while the right clasped a slightly heavier tin of chick peas. I stretch and throw my arms with these two sealed pots in hand and pray to God that no one can see me or name me. About 20 minutes with music on, curtains thoroughly drawn.

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
and he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For me its Ice Cream and believe it or not, beer ! This is because I have constant weight issues and to be fair I haven't had pizza or donuts for over two years now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Strictly Come Dancing, if I happen to be in when it's on.

And those Channel 4 type Top 100 list programmes.

Can't beat a bit of gratuitous nostalgia if the Top 100 Kids Tv programmes are on!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Eurovision song contest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here