Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds good to me...

"Away season ticket offer available

Travelling Royals fans can now reserve a ticket for every away game by taking advantage of our away season ticket offer, the first time such a facility has been available.

You will be sent a ticket for every away game without having to visit the ticket office or make a single phone call, and you will only be charged when the tickets are sent out.

So how does the scheme work?

1. Fill out the application form with your credit/debit card details.

2. Your card will be charged when we receive tickets from each club and tickets sent to the address stated.

3. £1 per transaction will be charged on every game, this is to cover the postage and administration costs.

4. The away season ticket is specifically for supporters who attend virtually all away league and cup fixtures. During the season we realise that there may be an occasion when tickets will not be required. In this event tickets must be returned at least seven days prior to the fixture to obtain a full refund.

5. Only three cancellations per season will be allowed, after which the away match season ticket will be withdrawn.

6. The away season ticket can be cancelled at any time in writing to the Ticket Office.

7. If you wish to sit next to another supporter then send the application forms in together. We cannot guarantee seats together if applications are sent in separately."

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Ipswich do this (or did while in the Prem, not sure if they still do), and several of the London Premier clubs too.

Nice idea - you don't have to front the cash for another 'season ticket' in advance, and you're guaranteed a ticket for those pokey grounds (I know, like our current lodgings) with a small away allocation.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Obviously too much for MP to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No far too complicated for the Albion to get involved in that,and it's almost like putting the fans first:nono:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah excellent scheme but can you imagine our ticket office coping with it, they struggle with people buying more tha one ticket for other people as it is

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
No its a sh!t idea. I much prefer to send 2 envelopes in by post which turn up with tickets after the game sometimes, oh and when tickets are scarce enter a lottery style ballot despite attending most away games. Its a fair scheme though, MP said so.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
They can only offer this now because we got relegated. Imagine if they got more than 800 people signed up to this and we only gave them 700 tickets!

:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is ok if you want to go to every away game but it's a bit like the Britannia music scheme where the onus is on you to return what you don't want.

I could see people forgetting a family party was coming up and then having to fork out for tickets they don't want or try to sell on

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Mental Lental said:
They can only offer this now because we got relegated. Imagine if they got more than 800 people signed up to this and we only gave them 700 tickets!

:shootself

We've still got the problem with Norwich away this year. Only 336 tickets available :eek:

But then we only took around 400 up there for a midweek, televised game last year, so I can't see many more doing it this year anyway.

I love the idea though. Something I've wanted for years.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I see this as a very good way of ensuring those that want, and do, go to most away games will always get tickets.

Yorkie - you know the rules before you 'sign up'....no-one would be forced to take an away season ticket.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Norwich have to give 10% of their capacity to away fans.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
fatboy said:
Norwich have to give 10% of their capacity to away fans.

Really? I heard from Norwich fans (not that official I suppose) that they'd be granted permission to give hardly anything because of the rebuilding of that stand. We only got given the full allocation of 450 at Walsall last season for the same reason.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
It's a fantastic Idea.

And I can't see it being over subscribed, if you have to go to all but three away games in the season.

I wish this could happen to us. I'd be first in with my application.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
WiltsRoyal said:
Really? I heard from Norwich fans (not that official I suppose) that they'd be granted permission to give hardly anything because of the rebuilding of that stand. We only got given the full allocation of 450 at Walsall last season for the same reason.

Maybe you are right then, but clubs usually have to give 10% of their capacity to the away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports