Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Fair enough, If the person actually had proof of immunity, rather than feeling like they should have it because they go to gigs etc.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Agreed there are some pretty strange things happening around COVID and yes we are all built differently and yes the immune system is not very well understood. But out of that clutter no one can say they are totally immune or that their self perceived immunity gives same level of protection is the same as having jabs unless they as an individual has been tested. If people are tested and certified then fine but I don't see the value of wasting resources on this when the jab is effective for a large majority.

My wife had COVID before the vaccinations were done , but I didn't get it . Was I immune or maybe was I just lucky. I have had 3 jabs now.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have an Australian driving license. I learned to drive in a different place, but I am used to driving on the left and I'm a competent driver, and so I'm no risk of harming anyone on UK roads. And no, I'm not intoxicated.

https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence

you have 12 months from arrival in the UK to exchange your Australian Licence or you are driving illegally.

You can drive in the UK for up to 12 months on a licence issued in a ‘designated country’ (Andorra, Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Republic of North Macedonia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and Zimbabwe).

After this period, you must exchange your licence to keep on driving. You can exchange it up to five years after becoming a UK resident (if it hasn’t expired) without having to retake your driving test.

or is it more Mustafa bullshit?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Fair enough, If the person actually had proof of immunity, rather than feeling like they should have it because they go to gigs etc.

Of course it's only a theory, but on balance of probability IMHO it's fair to say anyone who's been mixing in crowded places has been exposed by now. There's an ONS antibodies study that can back this up.

I just think everyone gets swept up by the pile on because it's mustafa and his is a minority opinion on NSC. The daft comparisons to burning buildings and drink driving don't really help!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not anti Vax, I'm very pro Vax, but I chose not to have the vaccine because at the time it felt like the best decision. That was a personal choice and nothing to do with Mr Simmons. Where we are now in the pandemic, there is no longer any need for me to get it.

So basically, you’re ‘very pro vax’ but only for OTHER PEOPLE, and happy to enjoy the social freedoms only possible because they at least have a sense of social responsibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just don't agree that vaccination will make me any less of a risk to anyone. I'm regularly exposed to covid and I'm already highly immune.

I presume that you are following the rules and self isolating, after each of these regular exposures?

The vaccine without doubt has saved thousands of lives. It's each person's choice whether to have it or not. I've been treble jabbed for my own protection and those around me. I've been exposed to the virus several times within the family and at work but not caught it(as far as I know) and will continue to do all I can not to catch it. It's a nasty virus still killing people and taking a lot of hospital beds preventing thousands of other illnesses being treated.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are countless immune supermen, I don't mean to say I'm special - I'm just healthy and immune, like many other young and healthy people... and I already have a job, thanks.

We should rejoice about this, as the pandemic is nearly over. It's not useful lambasting young people for not taking the vaccine. They don't need the vaccine. I don't need the vaccine. The only people that need the vaccine now are the old and vulnerable.

I may have missed this information earlier on in the thread, if so I apologise, but how do you know that you are immune? I mean do you have any scientific evidence that shows your immunity.

I ask this becuase a good friend of mine was feeling the same way. he was fit and healthy and had been in numerous hotspots across Europe during the pandemic.

His infection with COVID was not only highly unpleasant but it also came at a particularly bad time for him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am double jabbed and living in Australia.

Having said that i am feeling less and less comfortable with the narrative being peddled around this subject. It feels more and more totalitarian as time moves on.

I am not comfortable with forcing vaccines on people, nor restricting their freedoms if they choose not to have one (you have to have a passport over here to go out for a drink or cafe - really just forcing people to have one) or shutting down debate around this subject and not listening to alternate voices. It all makes me very uncomfortable.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whilst I agree with GS, he is a business man before he is a rock star. He wants you vaccinated and attending his gigs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I doubt it's possible to quantify an immunity at the moment. The immune system is so complex, like the brain, that we're still in our infancy when it comes to understanding it.

In its very simplest terms it can be observed though, as people exposed to illnesses don't get severely ill due to immunity...Thankfully this applies to most of us in the UK now, including myself.

Absolute bullshit. NHS staff and care-workers were getting extremely ill indeed due to repeated exposure to Covid19.
Now, I am all for personal freedoms and defend your right to swerve the vaccine if you so wish. However, when/if vaccine passports are introduced or individual businesses and venues require you to be vaccinated to enter, I doubt very much your explanation that you are highly immune is going to hold much water.

If your job requires you to be around likely infected people or a lot of the public, it looks like pretty soon (in the next four months) you are going to be required to be double vaccinated to attend work. That's already happening in my sector and will be rolled out over NY and Spring.

Plus, you don't really know what you're talking about. Just seems to me you like going out. And fair play. I do too but do us a favour and drop all the "high immunity" waffle, you're exercising your right to not get vaccinated. That's fine. but it's rather selfish. Own that.

I reckon you'll be getting jabbed within the next few months when you realise how much you're going to start missing out on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Having said that i am feeling less and less comfortable with the narrative being peddled around this subject. It feels more and more totalitarian as time moves on.

I am not comfortable with forcing vaccines on people, nor restricting their freedoms if they choose not to have one (you have to have a passport over here to go out for a drink or cafe - really just forcing people to have one) or shutting down debate around this subject and not listening to alternate voices. It all makes me very uncomfortable.

Not as uncomfortable as having a tube stuffed into your airways to keep you alive.

I prefer carrot to stick though.
https://news.sky.com/video/covid-19...-in-vienna-for-customers-getting-jab-12464792

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yup, its the normal and predictable consequence of fear, unfortunately - people lose their ability to be reasonable.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I disagree with almost everything you have said here.

It's a statistical certainty that I have been exposed to covid numerous times and I continue to be. I am highly immune, as in my immune system is very prepared for covid, perhaps even more so than many vaccinated people - who knows.

And it is a medical procedure, I agree it's a minor one, but even minor ones come with risks, as we found out through the instances of bloodclots.

I'd just prefer not to have it, it's both a logical and gut feeling for me. I'm allowed this personal choice without being lambasted for it, we should always be free to do what we want with our bodies. I'm certainly not an 'enemy of society' - absolutely pathetic thing for Simmons and those who agree with him to say.

I disagree on one key point you make; you absolutely should be lambasted for not getting vaccinated. It's not all about you, it's for the good of our society...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here