Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Anyone who doesn't have the vaccine is basically just thinking about themselves. Their thought process is "it may harm me so I'm not having it". Whereas people who have had the vaccine's thought process is "it may harm me but I having it as it might save me and save others". I think the two points of view are slightly different.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
???

If I was at any real risk from covid I would have got the vaccine before my current levels of immunity.

I wasn't at risk then and I'm immune now. Even in a year's time if I catch covid again, I'll be ok.

I love Tariq and it annoys me that I see his cheeky little face everytime the drivel you type comes up. I hate to use the Ignore function so could you change your avatar to Steptoe or something? Thanks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Massive increase in Covid in Germany: 'hard core of anti-vaxxers clogging up the health system'. Report on R5 now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite valid when placed directly against a bona fide medical degree, several years of practicing medicine and actual proper science......

There's a myriad of opinions from people with various degrees and everyone is going to pick the expert input that fits their narrative. Science is interesting if seen from the same angle that created the scientific revolution: the understanding that we dont know shit. Unfortunately it has been replaced by the opposite attitude, "because I am into science I know everything" which is both less plausible, less interesting and lacks integrity.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
There's a myriad of opinions from people with various degrees and everyone is going to pick the expert input that fits their narrative. Science is interesting if seen from the same angle that created the scientific revolution: the understanding that we dont know shit. Unfortunately it has been replaced by the opposite attitude, "because I am into science I know everything" which is both less plausible, less interesting and lacks integrity.

You really don't understand science.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How is immunity quantified? T cells, Memory B cells, antibodies?

The immune system is the 2nd most complex system in the known universe after the human brain... I really don't think it's a valid statement you're making.

To put it simply, we all have some degree of immunity to covid now. I don't catch covid despite being frequently exposed to it, which means my immune system is highly activated against it, so all of the above are surely present in my system.

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread but what a load of uninformed twaddle, Surely if you claim to be super immune, you would know how it is quantified?

Mind you, I can see why you wouldn't get vaxed. I believe some of the greatest minds in the country agree with your point of view, Piers Corbyn, David Icke, Right said Fred and that woman who used to sift through human shit, to name but a few.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have been exposed to covid so many times and I never catch it. The only possibility is that I am immune to it.

If the above statement is true, which I am certain it is, then having a vaccine will make absolutely no difference towards me catching it or passing it on.
Being an asymptomatic carrier may be the explanation as to why you've been exposed to it so many times. Stop acting like a second hand Trump - get jabbed, for the sake of everybody else, even if you don't care about yourself.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It doesn't work like that.

Asymptomatic carriers get infected with the virus, but show no symptoms. But the virus still reproduces within their body and requires the same immune response. One possibility is that they already have t cells in their body from similar antigens that give them a head start, beating covid before symptoms emerge.

However the immune response and subsequent resistance is still the same. Following covid infection, even though it was symptomless, they are now immune in the same way a vaccinated or infected person with symptoms will be.

So no, just because someone has no symptoms, it will not mean that they are indefinitely infectious.

No. it's just worryig that so many people they meet have Covid .........................................

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It's a statistical certainty that I'm frequently exposed at pubs, in shops, at the gym, at gigs, in the cinema, in bars, at work, on public transport, and so on.

I was getting pinged so much by the app I had to delete it. I've been in the same room as people with positive tests.

I lateral flow test for work and have done for some time. I also do one after I've attended high risk events. Never had a positive, but I suspect that I had covid with my colleagues around Jan 2020.

It's a highly contagious virus. I probably have had covid at a time and I certainly will get it again. Most of us will.

Lateral flow tests are not reliant - I had two when I had what I thought was a cold three weeks ago, after colleague got COVID- I got a PCR text and guess what I had COVID, being fully vaccinated it was very mild. Anyway Mr Ejjit have you heard of Mr Darwin because he has an award ceremony you should self nominate for - hopefully you won’t take others with you

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I doubt it's possible to quantify an immunity at the moment. The immune system is so complex, like the brain, that we're still in our infancy when it comes to understanding it.

In its very simplest terms it can be observed, as people exposed to illnesses don't get severely ill due to immunity...Thankfully this applies to most of us in the UK now, including myself.

Golly, you do sound like a pompous know it all. Yet I doubt you really know diddly, you just like the sound of your own typing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've a long time ago made a decision in life stay out of groupthink. If people want to go to war, I refuse. If people want to vote for one or another hyped populist leader, I refuse. If people all want to buy the stuff they see in the commercial, I refuse. If people all want to vaccinate, I refuse. If people all want to blame certain individuals, minority groups or whatever it may be for whatever it may be, I refuse.

Most people think Graham Potter should be managing Brighton. Does this mean you now don’t, oh maverick free-thinker?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given the standard of input from our vaccine-refusers I’m increasingly of the opinion NSC should introduce vaccine passports.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It's a statistical certainty that I'm frequently exposed at pubs, in shops, at the gym, at gigs, in the cinema, in bars, at work, on public transport, and so on.

I was getting pinged so much by the app I had to delete it. I've been in the same room as people with positive tests.

I lateral flow test for work and have done for some time. I also do one after I've attended high risk events. Never had a positive, but I suspect that I had covid with my colleagues around Jan 2020.

It's a highly contagious virus. I probably have had covid at a time and I certainly will get it again. Most of us will.

Sorry, That is the same as most other people, How has that made you more immune than others that use public transport, go to the gym etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here