Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The whole point of the art of talent scouting is not to find the next Messi or Maradona but to spot someone who has the potential to be one.
Well no. They don't have to be that good do they? They have to be good enough to improve a squad who are between 6th and 10th in the PL. If they are any better, great, we'll sell them for a profit probably.

I just think we need to stop going on about Messi. Facu is Facu, not anyone else.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well no. They don't have to be that good do they?
Well no - no one is saying they do. You misunderstood - The point is, regardless of who a young player is compared with, or whatever level they are at, the scouts are always looking for potential which is harder for the layman to spot than a kid that immediately shines above the rest.
They have to be good enough to improve a squad who are between 6th and 10th in the PL.
Well no - If Clubs just signed youth players that were ‘good enough improve a squad’ they’d hardly sign anyone from outside their own academy - how many youth players do we know who are good enough to immediately improve a PL squad when they are first spotted as a teenage U18 ‘unknown’ from outside the English PL? Eventually yes, after months of training (sometimes several seasons before making any impact) , bedding in and physical development - that is where scout spotting ‘potential’ comes in and why it is such a skilled profession. They also have to be the right player for the squad - being ‘good enough’ at football for any level isn’t enough (as some of the Big Clubs find out when spending silly millions on the ‘wrong’ players.
I just think we need to stop going on about Messi. Facu is Facu, not anyone else.
Come on - I don’t think anyone is ‘going on’ about Messi - in fact I think it has hardly been mentioned since a few references to Tevez’s comments last summer at the start of the thread.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think he's had a more than decent first half. Nothing spectacular but he's shifted the ball nicely, made some nice runs to pull defenders around, and got stuck in when he needed to.
IN EUROPEAN COMPETITION AT 18.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Finally got played at CAM not RW and looked much better for it!
Agree. And it's also notable, that when Adingra went off, it was Pedro that went on the right and Facu retained his place in the middle until he made way for Lallana

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What a night - still travelling home but still in a state of disbelief - top of our group and straight into the round of 16! 😍

I thought Facu had a good first half and even better second half, attacking the space and looking very much at home with some neat link up play - really beginning to get more aggressive and winning 1:1s - he won a particularly good duel in the air ( not sure I’ve ever seen him jump like that before !) - still looking tired after 60 minutes but I think RDZ. will be pleased with that performance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A work in progress but he’ll get there and is very young…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seen nothing from him but today was ok
IMG_6144.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here