Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
still yet to see anything ( granted the chelsea goal) that makes me think he will be a big player for us.

Needs to get stronger , that should help.

Happy to give time and support in person though

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
What we've come to expect. Some nice touches but overall lightweight and decision making poor, RDZ went batshit mental at him at one point when he had a ridiculous shot from outside the area when a pass was on.

He could learn a lot from Hinshelwood.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Inconsistency is absolutely to be expected from a player this young.

He had a very decent game at the weekend and to be honest, a poor game last night.

No conclusions to draw other than this is the widely predicted hazard of fielding such young players

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm still very much on the fence about him. I think he needs a full season on loan to get very regular football. I do wonder whether he would have been in the Championship this season had we not qualified for the Europa League.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He lacks physicality still and is not up to 90mins yet - he looked fatigued last night - but physical strength will come.

In fairness to Facu, the change of tactics left the CAM area a bit redundant a lot of the time as far as he was concerned - with both FBs playing almost box to box and such heavy loading on the wing - over 50% of the attacks were down the left side (and Mitoma frequently cutting inside and Gross moving into a no.10 position at times so occupying a lot of the central space too) - I think Facu just struggled to get involved tbh or create the space off the ball he usually does - when he did get on the ball, he was so heavily marked by Brentford’s central defenders falling quickly back into narrow deep block when we attacked, he was easily dispossessed. He made a couple of dubious decisions and could have been more aggressive - the second half was better for him. It was a difficult game for him to shine in. Roll on the next one.

On the plus side his passing accuracy was higher than either Mitoma or Gross

And (which is arguable) - Sky Sports rated him as a 6, along with VH, Steele, Igor and Pedro

Last edited:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I find this SUCH a frustrating thread to read.

He's just 18 (eighteen) years old...

He's already contributing effectively, and scored a great goal... at eighteen years old, for a top 10 Premier League side against some of the worlds best footballers...

He's obviously going to improve in every area of his game. Our coaching team will be working with him in the very areas that the impatient fans in this thread are criticising him about.

I think some people are taking it for granted that we have so many teenagers playing for our first team. It's not usual, we are just blessed with some of the best young players in the world playing for this club.

And Buonanotte is one of the best young players in the world. Just like our other teenagers, he's far from the finished article and will improve all of the time. I remember rolling my eyes at criticisms about Hinsh, also just 18, a matter of days ago.

Just be patient. Like our other teenagers, he will not always do the right thing. Just admire his development as he gains the coaching and experience to become one of the top players in the world, as he inevitably leaves us for an astronomical fee one day.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
He lacks physicality still and is not up to 90mins yet - he looked fatigued last night - but physical strength will come.

In fairness to Facu, the change of tactics left the CAM area a bit redundant a lot of the time as far as he was concerned - with both FBs playing almost box to box and such heavy loading on the wing - over 50% of the attacks were down the left side (and Mitoma frequently cutting inside and Gross moving into a no.10 position at times so occupying a lot of the central space too) - I think Facu just struggled to get involved tbh or create the space off the ball he usually does - when he did get on the ball, he was so heavily marked by Brentford’s central defenders falling quickly back into narrow deep block when we attacked, he was easily dispossessed. He made a couple of dubious decisions and could have been more aggressive - the second half was better for him. It was a difficult game for him to shine in. Roll on the next one.

On the plus side his passing accuracy was higher than either Mitoma or Gross

And (which is arguable) - Sky Sports rated him as a 6, along with VH, Steele, Igor and Pedro
That's a strange plus side to pick, his passing accuracy was only 1.8% higher than Gross's yet Gross completed 37 more passes than FB! :lolol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I find this SUCH a frustrating thread to read.

He's just 18 (eighteen) years old...

He's already contributing effectively, and scored a great goal... at eighteen years old, for a top 10 Premier League side against some of the worlds best footballers...

He's obviously going to improve in every area of his game. Our coaching team will be working with him in the very areas that the impatient fans in this thread are criticising him about.

I think some people are taking it for granted that we have so many teenagers playing for our first team. It's not usual, we are just blessed with some of the best young players in the world playing for this club.

And Buonanotte is one of the best young players in the world. Just like our other teenagers, he's far from the finished article and will improve all of the time. I remember rolling my eyes at criticisms about Hinsh, also just 18, a matter of days ago.

Just be patient. Like our other teenagers, he will not always do the right thing. Just admire his development as he gains the coaching and experience to become one of the top players in the world, as he inevitably leaves us for an astronomical fee one day.
I think the thread is actually very fair? As far as I can see he is getting a lot of leeway for his age and experience. He's been praised when he's done well and critiqued in the area's he's struggling in. He's not going to be praised as much as Ferguson, Enciso or even Hinshelwood as he hasn't contributed as much as them yet.

Everyone knows he's 18 and a talent and we all hope he will go on to be a big and very important player for us.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's a strange plus side to pick, his passing accuracy was only 1.8% higher than Gross's yet Gross completed 37 more passes than FB! :lolol:
You picked one sentence out of context in a whole paragraph about his overall performance and you chose to run with that and laugh at it - how odd. I already said why I thought he struggled to get involved. Facu has a good passing accuracy, however many times he passes the ball, it’s a percentage figure of accuracy- not who made the most numbers of accurate passes made.

So er, yes, when looking specifically at Facu’s performance- a good percentage in passing accuracy is a plus.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I already said why I thought he struggled to get involved. Facu has a good passing accuracy, however many times he passes the ball, it’s a percentage figure of accuracy- not who made the most numbers of accurate passes made.

So er, yes, when looking specifically at Facu’s performance- a good percentage in passing accuracy is a plus.
But comparing him to Gross's stats??! I know you're keen to promote this lad at every opportunity but that is not helping! :smile:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But comparing him to Gross's stats??! I know you're keen to promote this lad at every opportunity but that is not helping! :smile:
Every player is rated after every match - I have often mentioned Facu’s passing accuracy previously - as for being ‘keen to promote him’ it has been more a case of defending him from scapegoating and more criticism than is fair for a developing 18 year old.

I have certainly never said he was the ‘finished article’ nor that he was physically ready to cope with 90mins once a week, in fact he is still about 30 mins off that but one of his enduring strengths has been his passing accuracy among other things so I make no apology for saying on that stat, and after a lack lustre performance, at least he is up there with the rest of the team. You very much took the one positive out of context from an overall negative paragraph about his performance then criticised me for saying it! Read back through the thread and I think you will find most of what I have been saying about the lad has been subsequently vindicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here