Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mitoma will be going to the AFC, Adringa to the AFCON - but my pedantry aside 😉, yes, in January we will be struggling out wide without Mitoma, without March and without Adringa.

Facu can play wide but we know that’s a mediocre coverage for the CAMder - and Fati can certainly play wide and cover Mitoma - I think this might be a good opportunity for Lamptey to get back into play to cover March - he’s shown he has the speed - since we no longer play wing backs or 3 centre backs, he’s struggled to find a role, with Veltman sewing up the right back slot - perhaps it’s time to play him further forward?
will Enciso be back by January?

Also, we have Adrian Mazilu coming in January, who appears to be a wide player too, not sure if he's Prem ready, but maybe we'll have little option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Is it just me, or did Groß simply not give him enough ball on Sunday? Almost every time Groß got the ball he cut inside, leaving Buananotte adrift on the wing.
It's telling he's always been reluctant to give him the ball.
Buonaotte will come good, and he was decent first half on Sunday but he's still some way off. Look at the difference in impact Adingra has made (I know he's older, that's the point).
By the time he's 20 he could be a really good player.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just to add to the list of players we will potentially lose to international action in January....

Buonanotte is with the Argentinian U-23 squad at the moment playing a couple of friendlies in Japan (he started and played for an hour in their 5-2 defeat on Saturday, with the second match tomorrow). This is in preparation for the Olympic CONMEBOL qualification tournament which is held in Venezuela between January 20 and February 11 next year. Argentina will play four group matches and then a further three if they progress.

There must be a decent chance that they will want him for that tournament....

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Congratulations to Facu on a great goal - beautifully executed with competent curling finish.

Yet again, Buonanotte showing he is continuing to improve exponentially - his goal is not only a justification for him starting for us but I think he is showing us, that sometimes having the opportunity to play is all it takes to get up to speed.

His goal today, (I think) is the first he has scored from a wide starting position- not bad for a CAM and shows his potential uses to us in his versatility.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it just me, or did Groß simply not give him enough ball on Sunday? Almost every time Groß got the ball he cut inside, leaving Buananotte adrift on the wing.
I got slated for noting that months ago. Rather than play the ball out to Buananotte on his nearside wing, Groß would play a long diagonal ball to Mitoma on the opposite wing every damn time, clearly and deliberately cutting Buananotte out of the game

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well done to Facu today.

For the first time he didn't look a boy in a man's game. It was a lovely goal, but Colwill showing Facu on his left was horrific defending, given he knows the bloke.

I think he'll start again one one of our next two

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This kid is what a young up and coming baller looks like,,,,,
I still think he should not be playing right wing. Never went to the line to cross. Always passed back. BUT when he goes central he scores. Wasted out wide.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me he is the natural successor to Lallana in that creative midfielder position between the lines.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nah, he's shite. I read it on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here