Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He just won't be this sort of player.

In this trajectory he could get to the style and level of MacAllister in 5 or 6 years. Lack of pace hasn't done him too much harm
He will get there earlier than MacAllister did - he is better than Mackie was at 18 years too - his lack of pace is what makes him a CAM not a winger - that and his stop/start acceleration, balance and dribbling.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He will get there earlier than MacAllister did - he is better than Mackie was at 18 years too - his lack of pace is what makes him a CAM not a winger - that and his stop/start acceleration, balance and dribbling.
I’m not disagreeing. I just hope that he’s not had his confidence destroyed before then. He should be out on loan at a team where he’d play in that position 3 games out of 4 and have more than a fleeting impact, because he has the potential to be excellent but he isn’t YET, and I don’t think 45 mins here and there mainly out of position is helping much, because from my memory he impacted the game TWICE in 45 minutes, the rest of the time he was anonymous and that’s against one of the worst 3 teams in the division.

Had we not had these injuries then he wouldn’t be in the match day squad anyway, and I do not believe that the club would have expected to have so many injuries at once so I’m not sure what the plan for him was this season?

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Personally think he’ll be equivalent to last seasons Mac Allister/Caicedo impact. Maybe next season, maybe even towards the end of this season. Encisos early appearances last season hardly set the world alight and then look what happened.

Just curious, those that would rather he went out on loan what club would you realistically hope he go to?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Personally think he’ll be equivalent to last seasons Mac Allister/Caicedo impact. Maybe next season, maybe even towards the end of this season. Encisos early appearances last season hardly set the world alight and then look what happened.

Just curious, those that would rather he went out on loan what club would you realistically hope he go to?
That’s not my job to know, the club pay pros six figure salaries to work that one out. Somewhere he’d play 70%+ of matches and in his strongest position. If he’s that good then they’ll be ‘top 6’ championship or French/Dutch/Belgium clubs queuing up.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m not disagreeing. I just hope that he’s not had his confidence destroyed before then.
I think playing him in a central attacking position recently has actually boosted his confidence - it would help too if the fans really get behind him - I made a bit of a tlt of myself when he came on at the Ajax game by giving him an excessively loud cheer - to the bemusement of everyone around me but he deserves it - he’s no slouch and works hard.

I agree injuries (March and Danny in particular obviously) has given an opportunity to play more minutes (as has Europe) but you could argue that is the case for most young players coming into the squad with such a high level of players - they have all had to fight for a spot - last season it was Gilmour at the end of the tongue lashings and not getting games in, look how he has improved in 12 months (although still lacking in gravitas and strength imo) - I don’t think a loan away from Brighton would have been the best thing for Facu personally (or Gilmour because he needed to settle with a club long term despite people baying for him to go on loan), he doesn’t strike me as a particularly outgoing character who can adapt easily around strangers and if he is to play for us, he needs to learn RDZs DNA at this stage of his development especially if he is going to grow into MacAllisters CAM/CMF role - I think he can develop better under RDZ at this stage of his career and so far his football is coming along fine. With a youngsters, it’s developing physically too, to cope with competing for 90 mins at the level PL matches demand - that can take a few seasons - he is now playing ‘whole’ halves instead of the 10-15 minutes he was doing last season so it’s going in the right direction.

So many fans seem to think ‘going out on loan’ is the default position for any player still developing- it’s not - it has to be a positive step forward not something we do to players because they are not good enough to play 90 mins every week yet.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
That’s not my job to know, the club pay pros six figure salaries to work that one out. Somewhere he’d play 70%+ of matches and in his strongest position. If he’s that good then they’ll be ‘top 6’ championship or French/Dutch/Belgium clubs queuing up.
If that’s the case re. the pros on six figure salaries, presumably that means its better for everyone that he stays?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
This injury situation we find our selves in is excessive, it’s not ‘normal’ or predicted. If it weren’t for this situation he wouldn’t even be getting the minutes that he currently is getting and IMO opinion he is not quite ready for yet. So if it’s not a predicted situation then it was not part of the ‘plan’ for him to play as much as he is, therefore a loan would have been the better option OR the coaches just wanted him around the squad this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a completely different point. This thread is discussing if Faco is ready for the first team NOW or not? My opinion is no he’s not, not yet.
The current injury situation is extreme and even by Albion standards was unpredictable.

I was responding to the general arguments to and fro that he needs to go out on loan.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That’s a completely different point. This thread is discussing if Faco is ready for the first team NOW or not? My opinion is no he’s not, not yet.
The current injury situation is extreme and even by Albion standards was unpredictable.
You do mean your last few posts don’t you? The thread is discussing Buonanotte in general surely? Instead of going round in circles with this though, how about being very specific what it is about Buonanotte’s play that you have seen this season that makes him not up to PL level enough in your POV and why RDZ should not use him?
Who should he use instead?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This injury situation we find our selves in is excessive, it’s not ‘normal’ or predicted. If it weren’t for this situation he wouldn’t even be getting the minutes that he currently is getting and IMO opinion he is not quite ready for yet. So if it’s not a predicted situation then it was not part of the ‘plan’ for him to play as much as he is, therefore a loan would have been the better option OR the coaches just wanted him around the squad this season.

He was due to go out on loan, all rumours seemed to suggest Leeds were very close to agreeing terms, but Enciso got injured so we decided to keep Buonanotte to help cover for him. We then picked up Fati and there were more rumours on deadline day that it would enable Buonanotte’s loan move to pick up again but it didn’t happen. With hindsight it looks like a good thing as even though he isn’t getting a huge amount of mins he’s definitely needed and we’d be in an even worse position personnel wise without him here.

Depending on how Enciso recovers and his availability for the second half of the season there is still a possibility Facundo will go out on loan in January.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'll make the point that I've made previously, and nothing has changed on this front.
Irrespective of whether posters think that FB is better suited to going out on loan or playing as a 'number 10'/ACM, FB will stay in the squad and be used in the right attacking role this season.
We're short in that position and that will remain for the rest of the season. Solly's injury means he'll in all probability be out for the entire season. Adingra has exceeded expectations there (and looked even better on the left on Sunday, where he played predominantly last season), but is going to the AFC. Who else can play there? Mazilu is joining in January, but we'll be incredibly lucky if he slots right into PL standards.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'll make the point that I've made previously, and nothing has changed on this front.
Irrespective of whether posters think that FB is better suited to going out on loan or playing as a 'number 10'/ACM, FB will stay in the squad and be used in the right attacking role this season.
We're short in that position and that will remain for the rest of the season. Solly's injury means he'll in all probability be out for the entire season. Adingra has exceeded expectations there (and looked even better on the left on Sunday, where he played predominantly last season), but is going to the AFC. Who else can play there? Mazilu is joining in January, but we'll be incredibly lucky if he slots right into PL standards.
Mitoma will be going to the AFC, Adringa to the AFCON - but my pedantry aside 😉, yes, in January we will be struggling out wide without Mitoma, without March and without Adringa.

Facu can play wide but we know that’s a mediocre coverage for the CAMder - and Fati can certainly play wide and cover Mitoma - I think this might be a good opportunity for Lamptey to get back into play to cover March - he’s shown he has the speed - since we no longer play wing backs or 3 centre backs, he’s struggled to find a role, with Veltman sewing up the right back slot - perhaps it’s time to play him further forward?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mitoma will be going to the AFC, Adringa to the AFCON - but my pedantry aside 😉, yes, in January we will be struggling out wide without Mitoma, without March and without Adringa.

Facu can play wide but we know that’s a mediocre coverage for the CAMder - and Fati can certainly play wide and cover Mitoma - I think this might be a good opportunity for Lamptey to get back into play to cover March - he’s shown he has the speed - since we no longer play wing backs or 3 centre backs, he’s struggled to find a role, with Veltman sewing up the right back slot - perhaps it’s time to play him further forward?
That's a good point about Lamptey playing higher up (I think he's more suited to RWB than RB anyway, but RDZ has also played him as a RW) . But there's a possibility that he's going to AFCON too.
As to the left, think we'll see Enciso, Fati and, possibly, Joao Pedro covering Mitoma while all the players are away. Who plays where is dependent on how many strikers we have available, eg how long is Welbeck going to be out for? Fergie looks as though his time needs to be carefully managed too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here