Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Facundo just isn’t physically strong enough yet for the level of football in the Prem and I think we’re a worse team with him in it at the moment. However those writing him off are uttterly clueless. Ali Mac started playing for us when several years older and took at least a year and a half to really start making an impact. It will come but I really think he’d be better off with a loan than cameos for us.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Obviously you can't write him off yet, but seems he really needed that Championship loan. He is clearly eager but doesn't have the required composure or physicality yet. I expect he will go out on loan and Mazilu will take his place in Jan.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hes good a player, a very good player. 18 years old ffs. And hes desperate to do well you can see it

Again shoved on out wide.... hes a no10 we all know it

we were chasing the game and he was trying to make things happen jees lay off idiots
Quite - I don’t recall any of our other teenage development players constantly being ripped apart, unfairly by so many NSCers since the day he arrived.

All it shows to me is that some people just can’t recognise talent or even understand the process of development in our youngsters.

Last season, he had less than 6 months (after international breaks) to make an impact and had very little playing time (largely because McAllister was occupying the position Buonanotte could eventually move into). This season, because of the difficulty of getting game time, maybe there was an argument for him going out on loan to get regular match experience but then first Ensico then March became badly injured - Buonanotte is helping us to cover - he is a Brighton & Hove player, a member of the squad and showing dedication and commitment- lay off the lad ffs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's had some harsh comments levelled at him on here, he gets a huge pass from me as he's still a baby. As far as I'm concerned at 18 you're still a child (there's probably another debate to be had there), so the kid should be given some slack for the foreseeable.
I have given your comment a 'like', despite the fact that I do NOT think the lad is ready to be playing.

In short - yes HE gets 'a pass' from me, because he is so young, and as yet, ill-equipped to play any significant role.

But - DeZerbi does NOT get 'a pass' for throwing him in - especially out wise, where his lack of pace leaves him looking completely lost.

Its valid for people to express dissatisfaction at his selection - it doesn't automatically follow that they are putting the boot in to the kid himself.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I have given your comment a 'like', despite the fact that I do NOT think the lad is ready to be playing.

In short - yes HE gets 'a pass' from me, because he is so young, and as yet, ill-equipped to play any significant role.

But - DeZerbi does NOT get 'a pass' for throwing him in - especially out wise, where his lack of pace leaves him looking completely lost.

Its valid for people to express dissatisfaction at his selection - it doesn't automatically follow that they are putting the boot in to the kid himself.
I don't think he should be playing either, that he should have been placed on loan and no way should De Zerbi be throwing him in out of position. There were some kneejerk reactions yesterday that didn't mention De Zerbi, which is unfair on lad.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its a fan message board and everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but I tend to lean into if RDZ thinks he can play a part the lad is probably up to it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hindsight and all but it seems like Sarmiento to me was the one more "ready" for first team action.

I do believe Buonanotte will eventually come good - whether with us or for someone else - but right at this moment he doesn't impose on a game enough, doesn't affect it enough. That's all. All the attributes are there.

I believe he is also unfairly compared to others around his age who have absolutely hit the ground running - i.e. Ferguson and Enciso. But they are the exception generally, not him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hindsight and all but it seems like Sarmiento to me was the one more "ready" for first team action.

I do believe Buonanotte will eventually come good - whether with us or for someone else - but right at this moment he doesn't impose on a game enough, doesn't affect it enough. That's all. All the attributes are there.

I believe he is also unfairly compared to others around his age who have absolutely hit the ground running - i.e. Ferguson and Enciso. But they are the exception generally, not him.
Not convinced on sarmiento. Can't get in west brom team and ALWAYS injured. Bonny gives us more.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
He's had some harsh comments levelled at him on here, he gets a huge pass from me as he's still a baby. As far as I'm concerned at 18 you're still a child (there's probably another debate to be had there), so the kid should be given some slack for the foreseeable.

Agree - a child playing in a different continent, and mostly out of position. He's a 10, not a winger. Looked much better against Ajax.

Some really snide comments on here. You'd have to be a moron to write him off. He might not be ready but it's not fair to expect him to be up to Enciso's level.

Also, a loan isn't always the answer. He's on record saying how difficult he found the move, maybe the club decided sending him up to Leeds to be thrown in the deep end wasn't the best idea for his development.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree - a child playing in a different continent, and mostly out of position. He's a 10, not a winger. Looked much better against Ajax.

Some really snide comments on here. You'd have to be a moron to write him off. He might not be ready but it's not fair to expect him to be up to Enciso's level.

Also, a loan isn't always the answer. He's on record saying how difficult he found the move, maybe the club decided sending him up to Leeds to be thrown in the deep end wasn't the best idea for his development.
I don't think Leeds was the right move either, but he should have been loaned. I think the club and RDZ have handled this situation badly.

But we are where we are. When we need to rotate Adingra out, my preference would be to push Pedro out at right wing and have Gross in behind a lone striker

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hes good a player, a very good player. 18 years old ffs. And hes desperate to do well you can see it

Again shoved on out wide.... hes a no10 we all know it

we were chasing the game and he was trying to make things happen jees lay off idiots
he certainly needs time to progress, and yes, it is true that others like Bis and Ali Mac took time. Having said that, it was frustrating to see him try to go past the defender's right and lose the ball every time. I think there is a star player in there somewhere, but as others have said, perhaps a loan to a Championship side would help, rather than being thrust into the heat of the PL. With a hopefully improving injury situation, this might happen in january?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here