Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The argument that he’s doing a job and helping us rest Mitoma/March would be a good one if he wasn’t doing a bad job. But he’s doing a bad job.

It’s fine. Not every player needs to be a superstar or total rubbish. But right now he’s a bit of a waste of a shirt. He needs game time but not if it’s costing us like it did yesterday.

Needs a loan.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the intention was to send him out on loan this season until (Enciso?) got injured

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
He's 18. Still learning, he's at the right place to gain experience and has options playing more in the middle. Once he gets a goal I think he will change 😀

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Showed a new facet to his game yesterday, by not only being ineffective, but adding total ill-discipline to it. RDZ had no option but to hook him, because he was going to get himself sent off.

To suggest Sarmiento would be a more useful option is a MASSIVE understatement.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's 18. Still learning, he's at the right place to gain experience and has options playing more in the middle. Once he gets a goal I think he will change 😀
He scored the opener away at Forest a few months back.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sorry I forgot you can only be a top fan if you post something Positive.
Lad had a wonderful game, great control in the lead up to Gilmours booking, which almost resulted in an assist re the free kick Billing put narrowly wide. Is that any better?
Adingra can cover out there & I'd rather have Tariq out there as an emergency option too.
Seen a couple of posts in another thread re looking like he has won a competition too.
I will take being a bad fan if that means I can tell it how I see it. We aren't bottom half prem anymore..
Not about posting positive things, more just about posting things that aren’t obviously f***ing stupid, isn’t it? There’s no suggestion he’ll be starting against Man City in a couple of weeks.

I’d agree with you he’s not a winger and I’m a bit surprised he keeps getting stuck out there, but I do trust in RdZ’s thoughts on the matter, whatever they are.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
He's interesting. Clearly has quick feet, good technique, balance and dribbling ability but lacks a bit of physicality and in decision making at this stage.

I feel like his natural game is to carry the ball and what he's having to do is uncomfortable. Therefore we aren't seeing him play with confidence and he is taking the wrong risks.

I definitely see a player in there but it'll take him time to find his feet, settle and deliver.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The thing I wonder about Facu.

OK, we're near enough unanimous I think that he shouldn't be on the wing .... but is there an argument he won't spent his career in the forward line? He looks to have the attributes of a Gilmour type player. He can obviously knock it about nicely. He looks like a centre mid to me.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the intention was to send him out on loan this season until (Enciso?) got injured
We'll have to see where we are in January now. All of us think a loan, but RDZ clearly wanted him around and likely promised him some first team football.

In Jan, we can work out....

Has Facu settled?
Is Enciso fit?
Do we have other injuries?
Are we in Europe still?
How is Sarmiento's loan going?

But yeh, a loan of Facu and a recall of Sarmiento is surely the most likely scenario at the moment.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Showed a new facet to his game yesterday, by not only being ineffective, but adding total ill-discipline to it. RDZ had no option but to hook him, because he was going to get himself sent off.

To suggest Sarmiento would be a more useful option is a MASSIVE understatement.
This. Considering the stick that some of our our players like Igor and Dahoud have got recently from some on here after just one and a handful of games respectively and other players in the past, FB is getting a surprisingly soft ride considering he’s been here 9 months and featured in 16 games. I keep reading nice things about him and how there’s a player there but he’s hiding it really well at the moment. With the exception of one game against a hungover City where he looked just ok, he’s looked totally out of his depth.

Appreciate he’s only 18 and he will improve and hopefully be a big player for us in the future but we should have loaned him out regardless of Enciso’s injury as he’s no good for the first team at the moment. He was appalling yesterday and like you, I thought he was a red card waiting to happen, so lucky not to get booked.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
West Brom aren’t giving Sarmiento the minutes he needs, their fans can’t believe he’s not starting.
Can see us recalling Sarmiento to use in our squad and loaning out FB in jan
He started on Saturday and played 77 mins before being subbed and they drew 0-0

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I like him, good player, but he is not a wide player.

Hes a 10 and we have a trememdous amount of options in that role.
I think this is right. He has shown glimpses of talent and could do with a loan but I also think he suffers by comparison. At 18 Ferguson is a monster, Enciso is a worldie on his day, Baleba looks a real rough diamond, Pedro looks ridiculous for 21, as does Adingra and Gilmour is looking years older than his 22 years.

We are in a unique period in our history that we have an insane volume of prodigiously talented youngsters, almost all of which have had the benefit of being settled for a while in the UK (Pedro, Gilmour, Ferguson), a solid loan (Adingra) and natural fits (Enciso and maybe Baleba). Just because Buonanotte isn't at that level immediately, doesn't mean that he's a write off.

Caicedo, Bissouma, Van Hecke and Gilmour (who some forget looked way below the standard until about February this year) took ages to find their feet.

There are no guarantees of course, he could end up being not up to par, but to judge the kid now is asking for egg on your face, in my opinion.

Last edited:

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Not about posting positive things, more just about posting things that aren’t obviously f***ing stupid, isn’t it? There’s no suggestion he’ll be starting against Man City in a couple of weeks.

I’d agree with you he’s not a winger and I’m a bit surprised he keeps getting stuck out there, but I do trust in RdZ’s thoughts on the matter, whatever they are.
I trust his thoughts too. He took him off as he was terrible, we shared the same thought and look at the end result. I'm not sure how my original post was stupid.
He is young and I hope he comes good, but to date he has been pony & I'd doubt we'd have the win had he stayed on.
Many of us called it at half time & he rightly got hooked.
I'm not one to sugar coat it unfortunately so perhaps my directness can offend.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Towards the end of the first half he drifted more centrally and looked far more effective.

I'd like to see him given a chance in the number 10 position, perhaps on Wednesday against a lesser team in the cup.
This.. I would almost go as far as to say its not fair asking him to be that player.. he doesn't appear to have the attributes to be as effective out there, but centrally, with a little more licence to roam and I think we would see more of what he can do.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Any 'fan' writing off an 18 year old is an absolute moron.

He has not hit the ground running like Ferguson, but he has not looked out of place playing in a top 6 Premier League side either.

I have complete confidence he will become a top top player. I personally think he looks decent enough already.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Exactly, not enough pace for a wide player and doesn’t have a trick like a Knockaert to create space, should be central.

As others have said a loan might have been better this season, but I’m sure those who see him every day have a better idea than myself.
I think he'd be fine on the right if he had Lamptey as the fullback so that there was someone running beyond him.

With Veltman there he doesn't have that assistance going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here