Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Facu made a significant impact in the first half with some sublime one touches - his passing accuracy is a joy to watch. Another step up in his 1:2:1s too.

There’s no doubt in my mind nor ever has been tbh, he will solidify a starting CAM position in our squad next season.

Convincing and great performance.

Bene fatto!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Coming here at his age, straight into the squad and getting increasing game time means the management have seen something quite outstanding from him in training……….easily his best game last night so far, Trossard-like quick feet, dribbling like Mitoma but despite his age much stronger and harder to knock off the ball. Absolute talent.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There's loads of room for improvement. Strength, decision making, consistency. This is exactly what you would expect from an 18 year old. It's brilliant we are giving him so many chances.

I don't see the comparisons with Messi, despite the slalom run. But I think he'll become a wonderful player and I hope we continue to give him opportunity.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coming here at his age, straight into the squad and getting increasing game time means the management have seen something quite outstanding from him in training……….easily his best game last night so far, Trossard-like quick feet, dribbling like Mitoma but despite his age much stronger and harder to knock off the ball. Absolute talent.
Maybe, maybe not.

With March, Lallana, Sarmiento and even Lamptey available I'm not sure how much game time he would have enjoyed at such a crunch time. It feels to me as though it's largely been through necessity.

BUT - he has grasped that opportunity fully and has clearly improved significantly over a very short period of time, and we have every reason to be very excited about what we're going to see from him in the future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's loads of room for improvement. Strength, decision making, consistency. This is exactly what you would expect from an 18 year old. It's brilliant we are giving him so many chances.

I don't see the comparisons with Messi, despite the slalom run. But I think he'll become a wonderful player and I hope we continue to give him opportunity.
It opens the door to ridicule to put any 18-y-o rookie in the same sentence as Messi.

However, I can see something similar in all of Messi, Mac Allister and Buonanotte - all are quite diminutive figures but with quick feet and deft close control.

If Buonanotte turns out to be a quarter of the player that Messi has been then we're in for a real treat!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah his best game so far last night. I've been wanting to see him run at people or try to create when we've seen him as I felt way too often he'd get the ball run a few metres and then pass it back but last night he took 1/2/3 players on and it worked most of the time. Very good to see and bodes well for next season

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It opens the door to ridicule to put any 18-y-o rookie in the same sentence as Messi.

However, I can see something similar in all of Messi, Mac Allister and Buonanotte - all are quite diminutive figures but with quick feet and deft close control.

If Buonanotte turns out to be a quarter of the player that Messi has been then we're in for a real treat!
Mitoma much more similar to Messi than Mac or Facu in my view (and I say that acknowledging the stupidity of comparing anyone to Leo). But nobody would draw the conclusion as he is not Argentinian.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wasn't that long ago we had threads about rushing young players in before they're ready, look at Aaron Connolly, we need to send them out on loan to lower leagues etc....

Now we have 11 premier league goals from teenagers (that's 2 more goals than the rest of the PL clubs combined) and 3 teenagers featuring against the Champions, 2 of them starting.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.:thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe, maybe not.

With March, Lallana, Sarmiento and even Lamptey available I'm not sure how much game time he would have enjoyed at such a crunch time. It feels to me as though it's largely been through necessity.

BUT - he has grasped that opportunity fully and has clearly improved significantly over a very short period of time, and we have every reason to be very excited about what we're going to see from him in the future.
Combination of circumstances I guess - although when he joined RdeZ was adamant he was going straight into the first team squad and not on loan.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Mitoma much more similar to Messi than Mac or Facu in my view (and I say that acknowledging the stupidity of comparing anyone to Leo). But nobody would draw the conclusion as he is not Argentinian.
Pah! Messi? Not even the best player to come out of Argentina.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't that long ago we had threads about rushing young players in before they're ready, look at Aaron Connolly, we need to send them out on loan to lower leagues etc....

Now we have 11 premier league goals from teenagers (that's 2 more goals than the rest of the PL clubs combined) and 3 teenagers featuring against the Champions, 2 of them starting.

Thing is, though, we did need to send Aaron Connolly out on loan!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But

But, but

But, but, BUT I read on here a few days ago he was SHIT and should never be near the first team.

So who was wearing his shirt in that sublime performance last night?

Stumpy Tim

I think the difference is these South Americans have come to us after playing in their local leagues. Adult football is a great learning experience, while the U23s just isn't the same. Having said that, RDZ seems less hesitant than any manager we've had in throwing in the youngsters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the difference is these South Americans have come to us after playing in their local leagues. Adult football is a great learning experience, while the U23s just isn't the same. Having said that, RDZ seems less hesitant than any manager we've had in throwing in the youngsters
RDZ has this ability to get the players believing in themselves, whether young or experienced, of more than they think they are capable of doing.
Undoubtedly, they have talent, but a set back or mistake, plays mind games. RDZ has eliminated that in our players.
They fear no one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of course. Some will need nurturing and loans and such to aid development, others will not. However some were pointing to the experience of Connolly as a universal lesson, rather than a personal one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here