Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Looks like he'll be an excellent player. Great ball control and some intricate passing in tight spaces. Learning the ropes out on the right but he'll play centrally as his main position. Not quite got the turn of speed/directness for a winger. Don't get me wrong he'll be a great option on the wing, particularly next season after he's bulked up and spent more time here, but obvious to me he's not quite comfortable.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Our best chance in the first half came from a great ball from Buonanotte to the back post, Mitoma squared and Welbeck got his shot blocked.
pleased he did something Like Enrisco Is it known what is his best position. Certainly never looked like or even tried to go past FB

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
pleased he did something Like Enrisco Is it known what is his best position. Certainly never looked like or even tried to go past FB
He went past the fullback multiple times but there was no options for him after that.

Enciso is best wide right cutting in or behind the striker.

Buonanotte is similar but probably best centrally.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The standard is set so high with many other quality players that it's only natural that some others will not hit those heights. So I think it's a little unfair that FB is seemingly being almost written off by some posters.

Also, quite why there are posts about Undav's performances in a thread that's nothing to do with him is a little odd, too. No, he's not the most technically gifted player in the squad and is obviously a confidence player, but people (mostly in the ground last night, to be fair) blaming him for EVERYTHING that went wrong last night – even after he'd been subbed! – was just pathetic. Get behind ALL the players in the squad FFS!
Agree about Undav. Have to accept he is an out and out striker that his past shows he can put a large % of chances away. Through no fault of his no chances created in first half and thought unlucky to be subbed. Problem and in hindsight an error by manager to play him and Welbeck and of course without March little coming from right. Sure he sat on bench thinking wish had created the chances they did in 2nd half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RDZ deemed Buonanotte worthy of a start. As such, there's no way that senior players such as Webster and Groß should 'of' taken it upon themselves to cut him out of the game

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's impossible to judge him too harshly last night. We were awful, but conceding so early meant that we had to play into Everton's hands from the literal first minute. As a result, Everton sat back, challenged us to break them down and picked us off on the break. We've been notorious for years for being unable to break down a low block, with or without Buonanotte in the side.

You may question his readiness, but in conceding so early he was up against a swamped final 25 yards throughout. I had less of a problem with Buonanotte than I did Mitoma repeatedly cutting back and lofting a weak cross onto the heads of their 6ft+ defenders. It was all very Potter 2021.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A couple of days rest will do the squad no harm IMHO.
Ibiza, footballers and rest, don't normally go together.

I caveat that heavily, with the fact that I don't know they are actually there

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like he'll be an excellent player. Great ball control and some intricate passing in tight spaces. Learning the ropes out on the right but he'll play centrally as his main position. Not quite got the turn of speed/directness for a winger. Don't get me wrong he'll be a great option on the wing, particularly next season after he's bulked up and spent more time here, but obvious to me he's not quite comfortable.
Cue another debate argument on NSC abourt whether he needs to go out on loan to get used to starting 30+ matches a season, getting used to 'English' football, and bulking up - or whether he can be managed to do that with limited game time with us next season.

He's still young - a year on loan wouldn't take too much out of his ongoing career. Personally, I rather like the idea of loans as a means of learning and development, but I recognise it will be more appropriate for some than others. I wonder what those that matter at the club will be thinking for him for next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here