[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is it me, or has anyone noticed he comes off rather anxious when speaking/in photos etc. He seems quite nervous
South American lad, left home, family and friends and in a foreign country, playing in the biggest football league in the world at just 18, the age some kids have just left school for a gap year. Why the hell would he be anxious about media duties in a foreign language?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very surprised he is not in the squad. We’ve seen before that the club are good about releasing players for international duty.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Very surprised he is not in the squad. We’ve seen before that the club are good about releasing players for international duty.
Yeah - I’m still not sure what the dynamics have been here - why did Mascherano approach Brighton in the first place if he wasn’t going to select him?

Brighton tend to play by the book with most things imo and generally do the ‘right’ thing for their players. They’ve already fulfilled their obligations under FIFA rules this season I think to release players for international duty since Facu was called up in March for a Seniors friendly and it’s not obligatory outside ‘specified international windows’ either - and in this case as Facu has also already been released this year for the sub20s too back in Jan/Feb so the Club may have thought 3 international breaks in 5 months was too much?

Alternatively- Maybe Buonanotte had second thoughts and decided that finishing the full season with Brighton would be more productive? Personally, I think it better he does stay and get more match time with us while he is still settling in to life in the EPL - there’ll be plenty of time to get caps once his PL career has taken off 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We could also pick up Sera Motebang and hope he's good too.
CyoC6pJUkAACYef.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
South American lad, left home, family and friends and in a foreign country, playing in the biggest football league in the world at just 18, the age some kids have just left school for a gap year. Why the hell would he be anxious about media duties in a foreign language?
You’re not wrong, I was merely making an accurate observation.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd have quite liked a full video scene, where a cackling maniac removes his hood to be revealed as Bruno Fernandez, before unleashing a force lightning bolt. At this point, Facu awakes from a meditative state, somersaults over the attack and decapitates his foe with a lightsabre

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The best way to describe our system is a double defensive midfield pivot playing somewhat like Segundo Volante's and then an attacking midfielder and deep striker.

Well that cleared it up :moo:

Here's me thinking just that we are f***ing brilliant.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We also need some backup for Mitoma:

27b0b62239b5d140e7d9d085ebb98493a21ee564.jpg
Not that it’s really relevant to the thread but Enciso’s been doing a pretty stellar job in that regard.

Actually, Buonanotte could play AML or R ( not that he’s up to Mitoma’s standard yet although his acceleration, dribbling and ability to move in tight spaces is already impressive - but I can’t see us spending millions on another Winger when surely the priority is deepening our defensive squad first to reduce the numbers of goals we are conceding from counterattacks? - that is if we are talking about spending relatively big Brighton bucks (which we probably aren’t!)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not that it’s really relevant to the thread but Enciso’s been doing a pretty stellar job in that regard.

Actually, Buonanotte could play AML or R ( not that he’s up to Mitoma’s standard yet although his acceleration, dribbling and ability to move in tight spaces is already impressive - but I can’t see us spending millions on another Winger when surely the priority is deepening our defensive squad first to reduce the numbers of goals we are conceding from counterattacks? - that is if we are talking about spending relatively big Brighton bucks (which we probably aren’t!)

But Enciso isn't a greeting in any language so what's the point?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But Enciso isn't a greeting in any language so what's the point?
Well then in that case ‘It’s Goodnight from Me and it’s Goodnight from Him’ :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
“The club had said yes to me, but when they contacted the team, they expressed that they wanted to release me with the tournament already started, but that could not be done.”

Seems a fair enough decision by the club. I'm sure he'll get over it.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Sure he's probably sad and disappointed , he wants to play for Argentina , doesn't mean he has thrown his toys out the pram. Don't think it would go down well in Argentina if he said he was happy to miss the tournament.....
This, he is speaking to the Argentinian press. I am sure if he were talking to Brian Owen at the Argus the slant may be slightly different.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This, he is speaking to the Argentinian press. I am sure if he were talking to Brian Owen at the Argus the slant may be slightly different.
"It was a dream come true, to start a Premier League game against Manchester United, what a night, I wouldn't trade it for anything".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports