Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Indeed.

Buonotte should be a sub at best. I feel sorry for the kid. Thrust into the toughest league in the world straight away. This is not usually how we operate.
Offiah similarly throw in in less than ideal circumstances

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I thought he did well in the first half, but faded (like the rest of the team) in the 2nd half.
Yes, this - I thought he did quite well. He looks comfortable with the quick one touch passing we play and makes intelligent runs. Definitely enough there to suggest he could be a very good player for us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To be fair MacAllister was hardly a World Beater when he arrived, give him a chance.
I am completely giving him a chance. He needs 1-2 full seasons, possibly even more before we can judge him, he's only 18. I'd just heard a few people saying how brilliant he was yesterday, when I thought he looked a bit out of his depth (as you would expect at that age).

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I am completely giving him a chance. He needs 1-2 full seasons, possibly even more before we can judge him, he's only 18. I'd just heard a few people saying how brilliant he was yesterday, when I thought he looked a bit out of his depth (as you would expect at that age).
He certainly didn`t have a great game, him and Enciso went missing at times, good awareness to put in Mitoma which should have put us back in front.
Definitely a work in progress but if he was more than that i think RDZ would have used him at Wembley.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He certainly didn`t have a great game, him and Enciso went missing at times, good awareness to put in Mitoma which should have put us back in front.
Definitely a work in progress but if he was more than that i think RDZ would have used him at Wembley.
Which is exactly what you'd expect from a lad that age :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don’t think he looked brilliant but he didn’t look out of his depth either and there were plenty of glimpses of the player he could be. As a full debut it was ok.

He made the pass to Solly which then created his goal and he also should have had an assist.

Plenty to be excited about without going to any extremes.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Both Facundo and Evan Ferguson are the age of second-year scholars this season - they were both still eligible to play in the FA Youth Cup (the competition for U-18s) this campaign. Julio Enciso is only a year group older.

And yet the three have already EACH scored Premier League goals, and between them have notched SEVEN Premier League goals this season (with some absolute belters, just for good measure).

What we are witnessing is astonishing and unprecedented for an Albion side (and for just about any side, to be honest).

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Both Facundo and Evan Ferguson are the age of second-year scholars this season - they were both still eligible to play in the FA Youth Cup (the competition for U-18s) this campaign. Julio Enciso is only a year group older.

And yet the three have already EACH scored Premier League goals, and between them have notched SEVEN Premier League goals this season (with some absolute belters, just for good measure).

What we are witnessing is astonishing and unprecedented for an Albion side (and for just about any side, to be honest).
I believe all three players scored on their first start in the league too?

Ferguson v Everton (1G, 1A)
Enciso v Chelsea
Buonanotte v Forest

EDIT: Ignore me, for some reason I thought Enciso started v Chelsea which he didn't

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is it me, or has anyone noticed he comes off rather anxious when speaking/in photos etc. He seems quite nervous

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Being released for the U20 World Cup, after originally blocking him

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Being released for the U20 World Cup, after originally blocking him
Obvious RDZ thinks we dont need him for the games he'll miss.

Lets hope he doesnt come back in a neck brace or with a broken foot. :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope this means good things for Gilmour and Lallana.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s not ready yet. He’ll get there but he’s not first team ready at present for me. Good decision to let him go - and isn’t it only one game he’ll miss!?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Madness to even think of writing him off at this stage.

Enciso had a few ineffective games earlier in the season. He was shocking at Stoke in the cup- literally everything he tried went wrong, and he looked like he was almost in tears at the end. Now it feels like it would be harsh if he didn't start the next match, he's been so good since then. Sarmiento started out feeling his way into games, but we saw when he's come on this season (pre-injury) that he's a real potential game changer in future.

I'm sure Buonanotte will be no different. Never forget these lads are still teenagers, and in the case of Encase and Buonanotte (and Caicedo before them) thousands of miles from home, in a completely new country, where they don't speak much English yet. I'd like to think that with a summer of pre-season training, Facundo will be joining the party soon enough.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Madness to even think of writing him off at this stage.

Enciso had a few ineffective games earlier in the season. He was shocking at Stoke in the cup- literally everything he tried went wrong, and he looked like he was almost in tears at the end. Now it feels like it would be harsh if he didn't start the next match, he's been so good since then. Sarmiento started out feeling his way into games, but we saw when he's come on this season (pre-injury) that he's a real potential game changer in future.

I'm sure Buonanotte will be no different. Never forget these lads are still teenagers, and in the case of Encase and Buonanotte (and Caicedo before them) thousands of miles from home, in a completely new country, where they don't speak much English yet. I'd like to think that with a summer of pre-season training, Facundo will be joining the party soon enough.
The way I see it Enciso is 6 months further along in the process and is starting to come good.

Buonanotte has looked decent despite being 6 months behind, his potential is scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here