Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would be too disappointed about that 🙂

He’s part of the squad so the fact he is not on the bench is by and by - he will learn a great deal (and get a lot of inspiration) from intensive training with the first team.

I think it’s also great for him to continue to be acknowledged by his home Country as the notable young talent he undoubtedly is - to progress from being capped for the international U21s to being called up to the first team squad is a brilliant career validation for any young player imo.
Do they play another game in this window?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
So other than Peru, Uruguay, Suriname, French Guiana, Guyana, Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela and Brazil, we've got the full set. 3 out of 12 ain't bad :lolol:

The one from Venezuela we should get is David Martínez from Monagas FC. He’s the brightest talent they have had this century, 17 year old right winger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The one from Venezuela we should get is David Martínez from Monagas FC. He’s the brightest talent they have had this century, 17 year old right winger.
That's not saying much bearing in mind the footballing history of Venezuela. Is football even a major sport there? I seem to have read somewhere that basketball is the big sport there.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's not saying much bearing in mind the footballing history of Venezuela. Is football even a major sport there? I seem to have read somewhere that basketball is the big sport there.
Baseball!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Assuming FB keeps appearing on the score sheet, he will need a song. This is what I was singing in my head as the net rippled:

Probably the most famous Tango song, so that is appropriate. "De, de, de, de Oh Buonanotte, de de de de Oh Buonanotte" And that's about that.

Just think Facundo, this could all be yours if you play well :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anyone else think he wasn't great last night?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I thought considering the circumstances of playing away from home at a tough venue in an experienced frontline and tired team he did well.

Sure he looks a bit lightweight at times but he scored and set up Mitoma for the missed chance that changed the game.

For an 18 year old making their full debut what more could we expect.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyone else think he wasn't great last night?
Got a goal, via the time honoured virtue of following in a shot, which not many of our players do.

Got an assist, well ok would have done had Mitoma not missed quite badly.

Also did a lovely step over at the start of the second half to release Solly in space, the lad has decent vision.

But, I take the point, he's highly inexperienced at this level. Think of it that he's 6 months behind Enciso, maybe a year behind Sarmiento in his development. There was plenty of inconsistency from them at the time. Not everyone is Like Ferguson and bursts onto the scene as an 18 year old and looks a world beater having never played senior football. The other 99% learn by playing and improving with their mistakes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Got a goal, via the time honoured virtue of following in a shot, which not many of our players do.

Got an assist, well ok would have done had Mitoma not missed quite badly.

Also did a lovely step over at the start of the second half to release Solly in space, the lad has decent vision.

But, I take the point, he's highly inexperienced at this level. Think of it that he's 6 months behind Enciso, maybe a year behind Sarmiento in his development. There was plenty of inconsistency from them at the time. Not everyone is Like Ferguson and bursts onto the scene as an 18 year old and looks a world beater having never played senior football. The other 99% learn by playing and improving with their mistakes.
Yeah I agree, and we are right to be giving him minutes. To be able to even hold your own in the Premier League at his age is unbelievable, he is going to be some player in 2 or 3 years time. But he wouldn't be near our starting lineup at the moment if we had a fully fit squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here