Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I actually think the player that should be going out on loan is Enciso. Seems way rawer that the other others and Sarmiento and Ferguson look like they can offer more to the first team ATM. Give Buonanotte a few months around the first team whilst Mac is still here. Let Enciso go and run amok in the Championship for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I actually think the player that should be going out on loan is Enciso. Seems way rawer that the other others and Sarmiento and Ferguson look like they can offer more to the first team ATM. Give Buonanotte a few months around the first team whilst Mac is still here. Let Enciso go and run amok in the Championship for the rest of the season.
Enciso looked very good in his cameo against Arsenal I thought.

He's energetic and clearly talented but perhaps needs to improve his decision making.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Enciso looked very good in his cameo against Arsenal I thought.

He's energetic and clearly talented but perhaps needs to improve his decision making.
I agree. He's a bit of a wildcard at the moment, definitely a raw talent that needs work, but the potential is there.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am strongly against loaning South American youngsters to Championship - nothing good will come from it.
Also we are incredibly short on players, we need him right now

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Obviously missing Moises and Ali Mac against Arsenal makes it a bit of a anomaly but look at the bench for that game, apart from Veltman did the rest of the bench have more than 10 PL appearances between them? We have a very talented squad including a lot of very promising youngsters but we are very light on experience in depth.

Loaning out one of our most promising youngsters although sensible for him getting experience has to be tempered against the current needs of the squad and possibly leaving us even more exposed in the event of injuries.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Obviously missing Moises and Ali Mac against Arsenal makes it a bit of a anomaly but look at the bench for that game, apart from Veltman did the rest of the bench have more than 10 PL appearances between them? We have a very talented squad including a lot of very promising youngsters but we are very light on experience in depth.

Loaning out one of our most promising youngsters although sensible for him getting experience has to be tempered against the current needs of the squad and possibly leaving us even more exposed in the event of injuries.
Beautifully put

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

also think right wing specifically is an area we need to strengthen, obviously FB seems to have played more centrally but as he's left footed we could use him that way, and ease him in as a supplement to our existing options, as opposed to buying a new 'main man' when solly is already playing well there

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I saw some tweets yesterday amidst the Everton shenanigans that seemed to suggest he was flying to the UK last night. Any news on that?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
also think right wing specifically is an area we need to strengthen, obviously FB seems to have played more centrally but as he's left footed we could use him that way, and ease him in as a supplement to our existing options, as opposed to buying a new 'main man' when solly is already playing well there
I'd like to see Sarmiento there in the cup.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Spot on, but I'd add the point made by @est.83: it's doubtful that a Championship loan will work for young SA talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here