Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
As far as I know, the list for the Sudamericano Sub 20 hasn't come out yet, but yeah, he'll probably be on it. The AFA's probably delaying it a bit because they're trying to convince European clubs to release the players (among them, Brighton)

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
I don't think the list for the Sudamericano Sub 20 has been released yet. That's probably one of the lists for the weekly training camps, which usually only include local players.

As far as I've heard, the list comes out on Jan 5th and the clubs have until then to decide to let them go or not

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
The AFA holds kind of training camps pretty much every other week, especially now that the season in Argentina is over. Generally only local players are called because nobody else is going to make a trip that long only to train. That's probably why Buonanotte was called up for the last few but wasn't for this one, because he only left yesterday.

There was a list going around Twitter a while back that people thought was the prelist but it wasn't.

As far as I know the list hasn't been released and neither has a prelist, as the AFA was still negotiating with clubs about releasing players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reading down that list, we got the one with the best name.

Facu and goodnight.
I thought similar when we signed Billy Arce. Hopefully this guy turns out better

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I imagine, RDZ is likely to want debut him in our first 11 sooner rather than later to bring him up to speed, especially bearing in mind Caicedo, Mackie and Tross are very possibly linked to a Summer transfer. Disappearing down to Columbia for a regional competition would put him out for 4-5 weeks. Even if the plan for FB was to go on loan for a few months beforehand and a loan deal between Brighton and another club is already in place (which I think may not even be required with this youngster looking at his promos!), Brighton may anyway have stipulated that they wouldn’t want him to compete back when the deal was made at the beginning of November.

Incidentally, FB has dual nationality so would still qualify as an Italian national - perhaps from a career point of view, European football and the prospect of the UEFA/Championship every 4 years looks more inviting than South American football?(Although, Italy’s recent WC experiences cf to Argentina’s aren’t very inviting!!)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I imagine, RDZ is likely to want debut him in our first 11 sooner rather than later to bring him up to speed, especially bearing in mind Caicedo, Mackie and Tross are very possibly linked to a Summer transfer. Disappearing down to Columbia for a regional competition would put him out for 4-5 weeks. Even if the plan for FB was to go on loan for a few months beforehand and a loan deal between Brighton and another club is already in place (which I think may not even be required with this youngster looking at his promos!), Brighton may anyway have stipulated that they wouldn’t want him to compete back when the deal was made at the beginning of November.

Incidentally, FB has dual nationality so would still qualify as an Italian national - perhaps from a career point of view, European football and the prospect of the UEFA/Championship every 4 years looks more inviting than South American football?(Although, Italy’s recent WC experiences cf to Argentina’s aren’t very inviting!!)
Firstly, I can't see the club standing in the way of him being selected. I also can't see him selecting Italy when he's been raised in Argentina and the mania that surrounds them at the moment (and probably always has).

The kid has only just turned 18, hasn't had the opportunity to settle and yet you're planning to throw him into the mix almost immediately. That's not to say they won't do that but what we know of Brighton is they don't rush things.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Firstly, I can't see the club standing in the way of him being selected. I also can't see him selecting Italy when he's been raised in Argentina and the mania that surrounds them at the moment (and probably always has).

The kid has only just turned 18, hasn't had the opportunity to settle and yet you're planning to throw him into the mix almost immediately. That's not to say they won't do that but what we know of Brighton is they don't rush things.
Firstly, I’m not ‘planning anything’, I am not the manager. 😉

Secondly, “If you are good enough, you are old enough” - FB went through the academy training at Rosario, has already played for the first team as well as being capped for Argentina’s U20.

I said nothing about ‘throwing into the mix almost immediately’ - I said RDZ will want to debut him asap - that could be after a loan period or in the least a settlement period with training - but sooner than later.

The biggest obstacle I suspect will be the competition for 1st 11 places until we have some transfers out, rather than his age or ability.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unless he’s extraordinarily , he won’t go straight into the first team squad , Sarmiento and encisco both very talented players with more experience have had to wait and neither are starters currently.

If the manager thinks he is good enough to go straight in , he must be something special

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Unless he’s extraordinarily , he won’t go straight into the first team squad , Sarmiento and encisco both very talented players with more experience have had to wait and neither are starters currently.

If the manager thinks he is good enough to go straight in , he must be something special
I agree, he is unlikely to be a starter for the first team at least this season but that’s a big difference compared to making a PL debut as a sub - which is much more likely and what I was referring to when suggesting RDZ will want to do this sooner than later - I suspect he will join the U21s initially (rather than loan) but that does not preclude a debut PL appearance or being on the bench at some point with the first 11 during the remainder of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here