Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hopefully at WC26, it will be nothing but ‘Facundo! Facundo!’ instead of ‘Messi! Messi!’ - coz honestly, despite the almost unrivalled qualities of the latter, the constant mentioning of his name from commentators when the Argies are playing is beginning to feel like Chinese torture to my ears. Of course, any hyperbolic commentary at WC26 about Buonanotte being the ‘new Messi’ will be perfectly OK because this attacking midfielder will be ours! 😁

What an inspired signing I think this will be - TB strikes again with a 20% sell-on clause fee too if I recall.
Tedious, isn’t it? I mean he had a decent game last night, but it was against a team for whom getting out of the group was a major success, and the result ultimately was decided by an arse up by Matty Ryan and a very good injury-time save by the Argie keeper. The BBC team were on about Messi as if he’d played like Mexico-86 Maradona.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Tedious, isn’t it? I mean he had a decent game last night, but it was against a team for whom getting out of the group was a major success, and the result ultimately was decided by an arse up by Matty Ryan and a very good injury-time save by the Argie keeper. The BBC team were on about Messi as if he’d played like Mexico-86 Maradona.
Wot, messi cheated?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He may be on holiday there, who knows? He's not playing in Doha though...
Probably referencing the clubs training camp in Dubai this week

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hopefully at WC26, it will be nothing but ‘Facundo! Facundo!’ instead of ‘Messi! Messi!’ - coz honestly, despite the almost unrivalled qualities of the latter, the constant mentioning of his name from commentators when the Argies are playing is beginning to feel like Chinese torture to my ears. Of course, any hyperbolic commentary at WC26 about Buonanotte being the ‘new Messi’ will be perfectly OK because this attacking midfielder will be ours! 😁

What an inspired signing I think this will be - TB strikes again - with a 20% sell-on clause fee if I recall.
Bless your optimism... He'll be at Chelsea by then after a £268m transfer and 12 Premier League appearances for us after being on loan at USG for 3 years 😂

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does he qualify for a work permit?
More than likely yes, the Argentinian League is band 3 which means he gets 8 points for just playing there. If he played over 80% of available minutes in the league last season that would be the other 7 points he needs.

If he doesn’t quite make it to 15 points the fact he’s only just about to turn 18 means he’d more than likely to qualify for a permit under the exceptions granted to young player with significant potential.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

A wizard, with 27 year old thugs trying to hack him down. Loves a nutmeg.

Two things...

1) Looks an incredible talent. His centre of gravity and resistance to behind shoved off the ball for a 17 y/o is insane
2) I'm not sure why the accompanying track is so sexually explicit. I know all music on these compilations is trash, but this is another level

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Two things...

1) Looks an incredible talent. His centre of gravity and resistance to behind shoved off the ball for a 17 y/o is insane
2) I'm not sure why the accompanying track is so sexually explicit. I know all music on these compilations is trash, but this is another level
2) I noticed this as well. So inappropriate :confused:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In a slightly annoying move, Javier Mascherano has called him up for the South American U20-Championship which means he'll be in Brighton for a week or something, before heading home to South America again for about a month (if Argentina go far, which they might).

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
In a slightly annoying move, Javier Mascherano has called him up for the South American U20-Championship which means he'll be in Brighton for a week or something, before heading home to South America again for about a month (if Argentina go far, which they might).
If he is as good as we all believe, why wouldn't they call him up for the U20s. I think it is fine, he is definitely one for the future, not the now. He'll still have 4 months here before the end of the season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he is as good as we all believe, why wouldn't they call him up for the U20s. I think it is fine, he is definitely one for the future, not the now. He'll still have 4 months here before the end of the season
I think he is good enough to get a bit of game time pretty much on arrival... thats the main reason I think its a bit disappointing he'll be fecking around playing yoof football in Colombia for a month.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think he is good enough to get a bit of game time pretty much on arrival... thats the main reason I think its a bit disappointing he'll be fecking around playing yoof football in Colombia for a month.
This….from what I’ve read he’s supposed to be straight into the squad and not going out on loan. Can understand why they want him though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here