Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lets do some work permit math... not exactly straight forward and doesn't always work exactly how you'd think it works, but most likely this should be it:

The Argentinian league is a band 3 league and he's played 75% of the 0-90 minutes. This should mean 6 points. However depening on how many injury time minutes there's been in there games, his percentage of played minutes could be above 80%, which would mean 7 points instead. But lets go with 6 for now... but we'll return to the previously mentioned detail.

He also gets 8 points just for being part of the matchday squad of a band 3 team. So that's 8+6 = 14

Next up is Rosario Centrals league position, which also plays a role. 20th place out of 28 means he gets 0 points for this. Not very useful.

Some question marks:

I struggle to find information about is exactly what his appearances in the Argentinian U20-team brings to the table.

I also don't know exactly how the fact that he played very sporadically in the two Argentinian cups plays into this. It could possibly move him into the 60-69% played domestic minutes, which would mean 5 points rather than 6... meaning even more calculation of injury time minutes.

In summary:
I think Facundo definitely qualifies in the "normal" way for a work permit if his injury time minutes puts him above over the 80% threshhold. Otherwise he may have 13 or 14 depending on how the domestic cup-counting works into the whole thing here.

Either way, unless I've counted something terribly wrong, he easily gets AT LEAST 10-14 points, which means the club can take it to the Exceptions Panel.

Considering that the Argentinian league was shortened this year due to World Cup, it would have been very difficult to also be a regular in the Argentinian cups - possibly meaning that there's two shots at getting the two exceptions critera approved:
1. exceptional circumstances prevented the Player from achieving 15 points, and if those exceptional circumstances did not apply, the Player would have achieved 15 points
2. the Youth Player shows significant potential and is of sufficient quality to enhance the development of the game in England and justify the Exceptions Panel recommending that a GBE be awarded.)

So while there is a chance that it may come down to the number of injury time minutes the bloke and his team played this season, I think that regardless of the outcome of that, there is a very good chance the bloke would get a work permit (through the exceptions panel if not otherwise) in January, meaning he won't have to go on loan somewhere.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can't resist trying to hit back at the tide of resentment towards your hero.
If Mr Rosario President in December fucks off with all the money Brighton pay for this player, I'd argue it invalidates pretty much the whole "Chelsea are immoral for asset stripping our club" argument yes. Can't be all upset when Chelsea robs another PL team just to find it perfectly find if Brighton participates in some kind of shoddy robbery of a poor Argentinian club.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If Mr Rosario President in December fucks off with all the money Brighton pay for this player, I'd argue it invalidates pretty much the whole "Chelsea are immoral for asset stripping our club" argument yes. Can't be all upset when Chelsea robs another PL team just to find it perfectly find if Brighton participates in some kind of shoddy robbery of a poor Argentinian club.
Complete nonsense. The Chelsea situation is a systematic dismantling of a club's backroom staff and unsettlement of the players. But nothing is illegal.

The Argentinian situation involves one player and perhaps a shady legal situation. Given that neither the legality of this transfer nor the morality of the club president are anything whatsoever to do with BHA, how exactly are these situations comparable?

Dec 29, 2011
How is signing one player akin to asset striping? We must never sign anyone ever again?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If only we had not left the EU and the free movement of people
In this case the player having an Italian passport would have meant no need for a work permit under the free movement/right to work laws. However since the re-writing of the governing body endorsement rules following brexit it’s actually been easier to bring in players from South America. The two continental cup competitions are giving the same stature as the Champions League/Europa League and some of the leagues have been upgraded to be ranked higher making it easier for players to hit the magic 15 points.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Come on, the signing of one player is not the same as what Chelsea have done to our club.

Have a read of this piece which sums up the situation perfectly.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Since Potter left you have gone full trolll which is not a good look. This has to be one of the most ridiculous things you have posted and that is saying something

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Please your time on this forum is up - just feck off to "The Shed End" where you now belong.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Complete nonsense. The Chelsea situation is a systematic dismantling of a club's backroom staff and unsettlement of the players. But nothing is illegal.

The Argentinian situation involves one player and perhaps a shady legal situation. Given that neither the legality of this transfer nor the morality of the club president are anything whatsoever to do with BHA, how exactly are these situations comparable?
Ok lets make this into a hypothetical scenario:

You know that Archer & Stanley & co are gone next month. Dick Knight taking over.

Brighton got a player that that could be used to pay off debts AND improve the team AND the club facilities.

You highly suspect the current owners would probably take all or most of the money and f*** off. The new chairman would possibly use those money to invest in the club, or hold him at the club for another year as his value - since he is 17 - could possibly be the double by then.

In comes some clever poker player from a foreign club, as somehow they've seen this mega-talent before others have really catched up, a wants to buy the player. Obviously, can't get the player before January so might really just wait until then, as it usually does, but Stanley & co are desperate to sell now and offer a good deal to this Foreign Poker Bloke.

Yeah you'd be most angry about your owners and directors, but how would "moral" would the Foreign Poker Bloke look if this happened?

I'm not saying Brighton shouldn't do it because this is how things works, this is how everyone operates. But the whole "holier-than-thou" stuff is just bollocks. If you can f*** over another club because it gives you a good deal, you do it, or you fall behind. There's no honor and loyalty. If a player who has been a good servant turns into shit, the club will tell him "f*** off, preferably tomorrow" and if a manager has done a fine job but is not really developing the team, there's not going to be any merciful loyalty around: he'll be sacked.

Would I want all or most of that to be different? Yup. But I understand why every club, including Brighton & Hove Albion, do these things.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

What the hell would that have to do with us if he runs off with it?

Are we supposed to not sign him until that President goes?

There's also the fact if the President absconds then the club will still benefit from the player should we ever sell him.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe Facundo could persuade his mate to sign for us too
He is out of contract next summer and with Lallana leaving, we could have a gap to fill. I wonder how much we’d have to pay him for a season?
Do you actually believe that the club will be paying the transfer money before the January window when the deal will officially take place (and potentially after the current Rosario President has left) or are you just trolling again? You do know what a transfer window is don’t you?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What the f*** would that have to do with us if he runs off with it?

Are we supposed to not sign him until that President goes?

There's also the fact if the President absconds then the club will still benefit from the player should we ever sell him.
While it is very difficult today to imagine a world where clubs cared if whether their money ended up with another club or if it ended up in the hands of some greedy ****, it would certainly be nice if they did.

And sure, there is of course still a chance every penny ends up with their club. Lets hope so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is out of contract next summer and with Lallana leaving, we could have a gap to fill. I wonder how much we’d have to pay him for a season?

Do you actually believe that the club will be paying the transfer money before the January window when the deal will officially take place (and potentially after the current Rosario President has left) or are you just trolling again? You do know what a transfer window is don’t you?
While unusual, it is entirely possible to pay everything up front, and it is also entirely possible to transfer the money today and get him in January.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ok lets make this into a hypothetical scenario:

You know that Archer & Stanley & co are gone next month. Dick Knight taking over.

Brighton got a player that that could be used to pay off debts AND improve the team AND the club facilities.

You highly suspect the current owners would probably take all or most of the money and f*** off. The new chairman would possibly use those money to invest in the club, or hold him at the club for another year as his value - since he is 17 - could possibly be the double by then.

In comes some clever poker player from a foreign club, as somehow they've seen this mega-talent before others have really catched up, a wants to buy the player. Obviously, can't get the player before January so might really just wait until then, as it usually does, but Stanley & co are desperate to sell now and offer a good deal to this Foreign Poker Bloke.

Yeah you'd be most angry about your owners and directors, but how would "moral" would the Foreign Poker Bloke look if this happened?

I'm not saying Brighton shouldn't do it because this is how things works, this is how everyone operates. But the whole "holier-than-thou" stuff is just bollocks. If you can f*** over another club because it gives you a good deal, you do it, or you fall behind. There's no honor and loyalty. If a player who has been a good servant turns into shit, the club will tell him "f*** off, preferably tomorrow" and if a manager has done a fine job but is not really developing the team, there's not going to be any merciful loyalty around: he'll be sacked.

Would I want all or most of that to be different? Yup. But I understand why every club, including Brighton & Hove Albion, do these things.
What are you on about?

Last edited:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
In a clause of his contract, if he is sold in the future, his old club will get 20% of the sale. So it seems that clubs in South America are aware of our recent sales and want to cash in on that. A smart thing to do, but I think Brighton's reputation is turning into a sell-on club, which means that Brighton will get one good year out of him at his peak and then sold on to the bigger clubs. This is good for the company's books, but not so good as they have to keep on finding these players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In a clause of his contract, if he is sold in the future, his old club will get 20% of the sale. So it seems that clubs in South America are aware of our recent sales and want to cash in on that. A smart thing to do, but I think Brighton's reputation is turning into a sell-on club, which means that Brighton will get one good year out of him at his peak and then sold on to the bigger clubs. This is good for the company's books, but not so good as they have to keep on finding these players.

Or perhaps they might look at the club's other Argentinian scouted in South America as a teenager and see a player carefully transitioned to the Premier League, is now an international regular, has just signed a new 4 year contract and Albion getting quite a good few years out of him.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Until, at some point, which is not so improbable, Brighton has a season (maybe this one) where they really do disrupt the top 7. European football will move the needle again. Beating Chelsea, signing this talent, and having DeZerbi at the helm has righted my Albion ship. The short term objective should be to finish above the Kings Road Raiders this season. I’d f***ing paint that on the changing room walls.

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Lets do some work permit math... not exactly straight forward and doesn't always work exactly how you'd think it works, but most likely this should be it:

The Argentinian league is a band 3 league and he's played 75% of the 0-90 minutes. This should mean 6 points. However depening on how many injury time minutes there's been in there games, his percentage of played minutes could be above 80%, which would mean 7 points instead. But lets go with 6 for now... but we'll return to the previously mentioned detail.

He also gets 8 points just for being part of the matchday squad of a band 3 team. So that's 8+6 = 14

Next up is Rosario Centrals league position, which also plays a role. 20th place out of 28 means he gets 0 points for this. Not very useful.

Some question marks:

I struggle to find information about is exactly what his appearances in the Argentinian U20-team brings to the table.

I also don't know exactly how the fact that he played very sporadically in the two Argentinian cups plays into this. It could possibly move him into the 60-69% played domestic minutes, which would mean 5 points rather than 6... meaning even more calculation of injury time minutes.

In summary:
I think Facundo definitely qualifies in the "normal" way for a work permit if his injury time minutes puts him above over the 80% threshhold. Otherwise he may have 13 or 14 depending on how the domestic cup-counting works into the whole thing here.

Either way, unless I've counted something terribly wrong, he easily gets AT LEAST 10-14 points, which means the club can take it to the Exceptions Panel.

Considering that the Argentinian league was shortened this year due to World Cup, it would have been very difficult to also be a regular in the Argentinian cups - possibly meaning that there's two shots at getting the two exceptions critera approved:
1. exceptional circumstances prevented the Player from achieving 15 points, and if those exceptional circumstances did not apply, the Player would have achieved 15 points
2. the Youth Player shows significant potential and is of sufficient quality to enhance the development of the game in England and justify the Exceptions Panel recommending that a GBE be awarded.)

So while there is a chance that it may come down to the number of injury time minutes the bloke and his team played this season, I think that regardless of the outcome of that, there is a very good chance the bloke would get a work permit (through the exceptions panel if not otherwise) in January, meaning he won't have to go on loan somewhere.
Can we use the argument with the exceptions panel that we lost several players (probably not) but in losing Enoch we might have a argument or not ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here