[Albion] FAB member vote

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
(1) Sharing scheme is proving not to work - see last Sunday's pretendance.

(2) Freezing prices since Covid - really?

We are lucky to have PBOBE and especially Bloom, but let's be honest the FAB is a box -ticking exercise, nothing more.

BTW, your reply is almost long enough to be written by PBOBE himself.:wink:
The club effectively froze prices for 3 seasons during/post Covid - yes. they've put them up for this season . Agreed.
They made changes to the sharing scheme in season two - introducing a free first ticket and cheaper versions for share #2 and #3 - following fan feedback (according to them).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

(2) Freezing prices since Covid - really?

We are lucky to have PBOBE and especially Bloom, but let's be honest the FAB is a box -ticking exercise, nothing more.

BTW, your reply is almost long enough to be written by PBOBE himself.:wink:
and i was pointing out to OP , that regardless of what they might think of the FAB which i agree they have been lukewarm in their support of - to then accuse Bloom/Barber of ignoring fans was unwarranted. (split reply into two because my posts seem too long !!)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The FAB have a category for A+ members you can vote for , who by definition aren't going to be able to attend every game.
Not wrong there, but there’s not going to be able to attend every game and trying to get to a few games and the Amex once a year.
Is someone that doesn’t even attend a handful of matches going to have much input on a fan advisory board?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not wrong there, but there’s not going to be able to attend every game and trying to get to a few games and the Amex once a year.
Is someone that doesn’t even attend a handful of matches going to have much input on a fan advisory board?
Depends on the FAB remit and the extent it covers things that aren’t part of matchday attendance ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's 10 people on the board. There's plenty of fans of clubs who attend very few games or in some cases none at all due to - where they live, ££, mobility, personal circumstances (family) work, or just getting tickets (most, but not all, of our games sell out reasonably quickly) . They still follow the club and will have a very different perspective to long standing season ticket holders etc. So having one that represents an A+ members seems sensible. (PS: there are 4 other A+ members standing for election)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's 10 people on the board. There's plenty of fans of clubs who attend very few games or in some cases none at all due to - where they live, ££, mobility, personal circumstances (family) work, or just getting tickets (most, but not all, of our games sell out reasonably quickly) . They still follow the club and will have a very different perspective to long standing season ticket holders etc. So having one that represents an A+ members seems sensible. (PS: there are 4 other A+ members standing for election)
Not sure why any of this applies to me though, in my post (#5) that you originally replied to, I said I voted for a person that stood out for me. I didn’t think the person I mentioned stood out for me, hence not getting my vote.
I haven’t said at any point that nobody else should vote for this person or that an A+ member shouldn’t have a vote.

For what it’s worth I’m a long standing ST holder but I have actually voted for an A+ member

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure how the crowd figures prove the sharing scheme doesn't work! Were there any people who are signed up to the scheme that couldn't share their ticket?

The actual crowd was low because of a) form, b) bank holiday weekend and probably a number of other reasons. I know STH who put their tickets on the exchange and they didn't sell. Basically, down to lack of demand for the tickets.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure why any of this applies to me though, in my post (#5) that you originally replied to, I said I voted for a person that stood out for me. I didn’t think the person I mentioned stood out for me, hence not getting my vote.
I haven’t said at any point that nobody else should vote for this person or that an A+ member shouldn’t have a vote.

For what it’s worth I’m a long standing ST holder but I have actually voted for an A+ member
No worries. Just arguing the benefits of having different range of fans on the board. 👍

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I must say I admire anybody that puts themself forward and am sure this is done with good intentions. If this is a shortlist from those that applied how for example is somebody on list that only attends one game a season at Amex.
Am am sure PBs vote will go to the one who said he can increase catering income because lets face it is always his main aim as well as cutting cost. Personally I lost interest when FAB were told by PB that club would not consider cover to P&R queue because of the expense.
Maybe cynical but good luck to imput on travel scheme. This will not be about improving the travel for supporters but cutting cost for club. Hope you all fight strongly against this. Travel must get better not cheaper for club.

Mar 4, 2024
IMO the concept of the FAB and club is to just enhance and improve the Matchday home and away experience, fair ticketing, Sheltering post match at station, away fans in home section, catering issues etc. Just the basics, not any strategic 5 year planning. I may have missed it, but what has it achieved so far ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't get on it twice, couldn't be bothered this time.
How does the process work then? What do you have to do to get on the voting list?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"the club will produce a shortlist based on a number of factors."

"Once the shortlist is complete, the selected entrants will be invited to a personal meeting that will take place in person or online on Monday 8 April and Wednesday 10 April."

"Following this, there will be a vote by Albion fans....."

I wonder what the "number of factors" are.? And what factors determine a successful 'personal meeting'?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"the club will produce a shortlist based on a number of factors."

"Once the shortlist is complete, the selected entrants will be invited to a personal meeting that will take place in person or online on Monday 8 April and Wednesday 10 April."

"Following this, there will be a vote by Albion fans....."

I wonder what the "number of factors" are.? And what factors determine a successful 'personal meeting'?
I have no idea and no plans to find out :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports