Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England arrivals - Dunky always looks grumpy there?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Maybe it's not as welcoming environment as media has portrayed for all the players ?
I’d imagine it’s pretty toxic and unwelcoming to newbies with established players in their cliques and a bunch of inadequate coaches trying to teach a bunch of talented players new tricks. I hope Dunky has a good tournament if picked but I’m not sure I’d want to be buddies with a lot of them. I’d imagine Ben White will enjoy his summer and start the new season refreshed whereas the rest will start the season knackered.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’d imagine it’s pretty toxic and unwelcoming to newbies with established players in their cliques and a bunch of inadequate coaches trying to teach a bunch of talented players new tricks. I hope Dunky has a good tournament if picked but I’m not sure I’d want to be buddies with a lot of them. I’d imagine Ben White will enjoy his summer and start the new season refreshed whereas the rest will start the season knackered.
I'm not sure there is any evidence of this at all.

Ben White's issues are well reported to be between himself and the management personnel. At least from the impression social media interactions give, Dunky is very popular with players in the squad. Real Madrid's Jude Bellingham regularly refers to Lewis as "Dunkinho".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This runs counter to everything shown and said about the current England set up by the current players, ex players and media. What you're describing is what it appeared to be in the naughties and early 10's.

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Noticed that Dunk was part of the only group of players to arrive together in the same car, alongside Joe Gomez & Aaron Ramsdale, which debunks the idea he hasn't integrated in the squad at all.

The simple explanation would be that in a group of 30+ you're inevitably going to get a range of personalities. Dunky perhaps being the more quiet and reserved type

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Noticed that Dunk was part of the only group of players to arrive together in the same car, alongside Joe Gomez & Aaron Ramsdale, which debunks the idea he hasn't integrated in the squad at all.
Or suggests they're the players they couldn't be bothered to lay on individual cars for :D

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Blimey, what an excruciating watch that was. So much faffing around these players. What's with all the hugging?

Credit to the fella with his boots in a carrier bag though.

Also, is it bad that I didn't even recognise at least two of those arrivals?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some luggage and bag envy going on here.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Did Ben White and Dunky get on?

Deffo something going on why Ben White has withdrawn from England squads - yes I've heard the story about waistcoat's assistant, but is there more?
That story about the bust-up with the assistant because he didn't watch the match video sounds very likely, whatever Waistcoat says. I can imagine White saying I've done the training now I want to relax in my room. If he was then hauled out in front of the class for not doing his homework he seems the type to say I can't be bothered with this shit, I'm off.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

The simple explanation would be that in a group of 30+ you're inevitably going to get a range of personalities. Dunky perhaps being the more quiet and reserved type
And age ranges too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here