Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Elon Musk and Twitter

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I'm not and never will be a Twitter person but if he wants to allow more free speech, I'm all for it.
During the last couple of years of your attendance on our forum I've enjoyed your well considered contribution.

Nonsense posts like this and the utter bullshit you've recently posted on the thread about buonanotte are rapidly making me change my mind about you.

What a shame.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Its not really that unique though. The forced character limit is about the only thing unique about it
so why does everyone seem to care so much? why people simply not shrug and move on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The timing is interesting, not long until the midterms in the US. A high proportion of Republican candidates still claim the last election was fraudulent. Allegedly the bulk of the moderating & fact checking teams at Twitter have been given the Spanish Archer. What could possibly go wrong?
That's not actually the case - just 15% of the Safety & Integrity team were released today...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’ll bite, what does it say?

It says the clowns who were running the moderation side of twitter were incredibly biased through their own political lens.

Seems the people who are losing their shit over Musk buying twitter are those who LOVE a bit of authoritarianism to shut down any dissenting views that don't match their own.

Those people deeply desire an Orwellian world where they are in charge of everything and want to control group think.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
so why does everyone seem to care so much? why people simply not shrug and move on?

It has to be put into context. The majority is wailing is coming from small sections of left leaning English speaking societies.

It's the slactivists, celebrities and attention seeking grifters that are making most of the noise.

Regular people really couldn't give a toss because it won't impact them one bit from tweeting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
During the last couple of years of your attendance on our forum I've enjoyed your well considered contribution.

Nonsense posts like this and the utter bullshit you've recently posted on the thread about buonanotte are rapidly making me change my mind about you.

What a shame.
I take it you're not really that much into free speech

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
That's not actually the case - just 15% of the Safety & Integrity team were released today...

There you go - misinformation already 😃 thanks for setting me straight. Still, 15% sounds like quite a lot.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It says the clowns who were running the moderation side of twitter were incredibly biased through their own political lens.

Seems the people who are losing their shit over Musk buying twitter are those who LOVE a bit of authoritarianism to shut down any dissenting views that don't match their own.

Those people deeply desire an Orwellian world where they are in charge of everything and want to control group think.
Interesting perspective, I’m not a big Twitter user. I’m definitely left leaning. No fan of Musk. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Interesting perspective, I’m not a big Twitter user. I’m definitely left leaning. No fan of Musk. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well if you're only interested in the Albion and say fly fishing then really that's all you should really see on twitter if the only people you follow deal in information on those subjects.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
TikTok is a far bigger cancer on society than Twitter is.
Genuine question - why is that?

I have no clue about social media. I came off Twitter years ago as I found it despressing, I’ve got an old Facebook account I never use and that is my lot, I’m 40 going on 80 when it comes to that!

As a father, I think I need to understand it all a bit more!

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Genuine question - why is that?

I have no clue about social media. I came off Twitter years ago as I found it despressing, I’ve got an old Facebook account I never use and that is my lot, I’m 40 going on 80 when it comes to that!

As a father, I think I need to get

Because it's home of all the greatest morons on the planet.

Stupid and often dangerous trends start on there.

Plenty of utter creepers pushing their ideologies onto young impressionable minds on that platform.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Twitters been kept up because he didnt sack the tech that maintain the platform.
he sacked a lot of tech and software developers actually

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Elon's takeover has a strong Friend's Reunited vibe about it.

The US maybe different but the left leaning twitter mob in the UK would happily go elsewhere to help a billionaire lose his fortune. It can't be that hard to make one either with an Algorithm that actually works as well. If i watch a video on Twitter, invariably it recommends me that same one in five different tweets thereafter. If the person who developed that feature has been sacked I take it all back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a white tick.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Other than companies or organisations, maybe politicians, why would anyone pay for a tick ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here