Egg-chasing, England team v The Rabbit Thieves

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Farrell in at 12 and Moody at 7, Billy Whizz back at full back. It's not ideal I know but I think he's chosen this team on a blood and guts basis. Farrell looked unbelievably pumped up when he came on against Tonga and if he keeps that up for the 80 as well as relieving Jonny of some pressure and sharing out-of-hand kicking duties, we could be in business.
I reckon it's about as best as we've got in terms of fit and in the squad.
Moody needs to have the game of his life and what worries me is that if he gets crocked then we're stuffed at 7.
25% chance of winning...
Off tomorrow morning in the winnebago, can't wait!

Farrell in at 12 and Moody at 7, Billy Whizz back at full back. It's not ideal I know but I think he's chosen this team on a blood and guts basis. Farrell looked unbelievably pumped up when he came on against Tonga and if he keeps that up for the 80 as well as relieving Jonny of some pressure and sharing out-of-hand kicking duties, we could be in business.
I reckon it's about as best as we've got in terms of fit and in the squad.
Moody needs to have the game of his life and what worries me is that if he gets crocked then we're stuffed at 7.
25% chance of winning...
Off tomorrow morning in the winnebago, can't wait!

Shame it clashes with 'another' major sporting event on Sat :laugh::laugh:

Still Withdean wins hands down :albion2::albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This weekend I'll mostly be being a bad fan, can't make Withdean which I would have done if around. So no competition I'll be having an egg chasing couch potato afternoon with a quick check on here for updates during breaks in the rugby.

In fact I'd trade an Albion defeat for an England win on this occasion, oh dear

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not happy to see Farrell replace Barkley though. Farrell looked like a pub player in the last pressure game against SA although he did very well against a knackered Tonga. I guess Ashton is hoping for more aggression than Barkley offers. I hope to hell he changes ot quickly if Farrell is as SHITE as he was against SA.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Not happy to see Farrell replace Barkley though. Farrell looked like a pub player in the last pressure game against SA although he did very well against a knackered Tonga. I guess Ashton is hoping for more aggression than Barkley offers. I hope to hell he changes ot quickly if Farrell is as SHITE as he was against SA.
I'd agree with that :thumbsup: Think Ashton wants a bit more " pressence " in the backs
Reckon Farrell will just take a bit of pressure of Wilkinson and he will take a few of the big hits that the Aussies have lined up for our Johnny but skill wise we should have stayed with Olly !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Farrell ruled out of England side - blessing in disguise?

Reckon we need Farrell for his defensive qualities. The Tongan centres ran through Barclay with ease last week and Mortlock is one of the strongest running centres in world rugby.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Moody at 6, Rees in at 7 with Easter at 8 is the best back-row combination for this game.

Rees is not even in the match squad is he? Happy that Dallaglio and Worsley are not in the starting lineup, both are destructive players who are past their prime anyway.

The backrow needs to show some flair if we are to have any chance and not give away the ridiculous easily converted penalties that Worsley and to a lesser extent Dallaglio do virtually everytime I see them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports