[Albion] Dunk v Wilson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I thought yesterday we had turned back the clock a few decades ago and gone back to a classic Old Fashioned Centre Half against an Old Fashioned Centre Forward battle for 85 minutes.
Great entertainment and great to watch for me personally.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Dunk bossed him. The only sniff Wilson got was with the rightly disallowed goal which is why he was getting angrier as the match went on to the extent that he was very lucky not to get booked.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Me too. And there was a clear and unequivocal winner of the duel too. I thought we were very brave to go man to man against Almiron, Wilson and Saint-Maximin, but it allowed us to dominate midfield, especially when Newcastle tired. All this thanks to Dunky and Potter's trust in his back three.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For me Dunk is often MOTM but because of his consistent high performances he gets overlooked in favour of someone who has improved, scored a goal or run a lot. Not sure why I get wound up over a sponsor’s choice, esp if voted on by some of their guests.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It was absolutely no contest. I think that's why Wilson resorted to playing pantomime baddie in the second half as he got nothing from Dunk.

"He's behind you!" etc.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Toon fans getting uppity about the disallowed goal but I’m sure the whistle blew before he put it in the net and Sanchez had stopped playing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the OP has nailed it.

The rest is a little rosy specs, he didn't have Wilson in his pocket.
It was a bloody good battle which Dunk won on points.

Dunk has tucked plenty of strikers away, Kane for one, but Wilson yesterday was never wrapped up and told to be quiet.

The pair of the worked bloody hard all game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Guy near me was complaining for most of the match how dunk was struggling, and wilson had the better of him (though, to be honest, I think he's a NSC matchday thread come to life - swinging massively from depressie defeatism, to arrogant optimism, constantly waffling on about tactics in ways that make it clear he doesn't really know tactics).

But he was quite consistent in his belief that the newcastle forwards were giving dunk and webster a hard time. Then I come on here and see talk of Wilson being in Dunk's pocket.

Quite silly really. From my pov, neither player had it easy - no one was in anyone's pocket - but our defence did enough to restrict their chances and keep them out.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Toon fans getting uppity about the disallowed goal but I’m sure the whistle blew before he put it in the net and Sanchez had stopped playing

Correct….but still Shearer had to pass comment that it was unfair on Wilson

…the two below just after Dunk had blasted the ball at Wilson who couldn’t be arsed to retreat at a free kick

F56A17BB-FCC5-4879-8185-7C4FE17F82FF.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I saw that and rest of the MOTD team were like “yeah what ever!” It was a bit desperate especially when they were given a free kick in the box for a high boot when it was their player that ducked down.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure I agree with the high boot decision...it was close to Dunks head but he new what was happening and put his head in. I think I would be aggrieved if it had been other way around.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yep, Sanchez would have claimed that if the whistle hadn’t gone, he made zero effort as he had stopped. Not convinced the whistle should have been blown though

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Thought Wilson was excellent and Dunk (never to be selected by Southgate) showed what a brilliant centre half he is. England are struggling defensively and Brighton can provide the National side with a ready made solution in Dunk & Webster.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Did they shake hands at the end, seemed to be some hatred there, all be it professionally.

Wilson is a great number 9 thankfully our number 5 is just as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports