Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Interesting reading up on this. Trump, Cheesbro et al attempted to create fake results for 6 swing states to take to the Electoral College. Bypassing state governors and officials (with their true results), in the process.

We might not like his underlying politics, but Pence comes out of this well. A VP purportedly had the power to reject certificates and accept replacements. Pence refused to play ball.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...neth-chesebro-john-eastman-rudy-giuliani.html

The bare-faced hypocrisy and lies of Trump and Giuliani, they said Democrat votes were fraudulently high, all disproven in state court cases during those weeks. Thank god for a system that ultimately worked. The biggest superpower and economy was almost run for 4 more years via a corrupt act.
Its a nothing burger, referencing your second sentence the common retort is "How where they expecting to get away with that?" Its Mickey mouse stuff like being accused of fraud on a loan repaid 20 years ago and claiming the borrower gets to set the collateral's value.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I absolutely agree, Pence showed a level of basic integrity that those around him lacked. It saddens me that he’s subsequently been treated so poorly by his own party.

When Mike Pence was governor of my state of Indiana he was responsible for losing large amounts of money for the state by signing into law a way for the state of Indiana to discriminate against LGBTQ groups. Several national groups pulled their conventions out of Indianapolis and it ended costing the state $billions. Once MiPe (later VP) realized what kind of money it was costing Indiana he had the law rewritten but the loss in revenue was well in place because it is difficult to change national convention plans so late in the game. MiPe has integrity but his dedication to his ultra religious convictions has cost him dearly in the past. Only an idiot like Trump used him and thought he would compromise his principles and integrity.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When I get news flashes on my watch, I genuinely look at them with a small hope that Trump has had a massive heart attack and dropped dead.

Somehow the Trump Republicans would make a martyr out of The Donald and then they would get some other asshole Republican to get elected off the love of the dead Trump. In the end it might turn out to be worse if Trump were to drop dead now and the Republicans would surely accuse a Democrat (Hunter Biden maybe) of murdering The Donald.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Somehow the Trump Republicans would make a martyr out of The Donald and then they would get some other asshole Republican to get elected off the love of the dead Trump. In the end it might turn out to be worse if Trump were to drop dead now and the Republicans would surely accuse a Democrat (Hunter Biden maybe) of murdering The Donald.

All the evidence would of course be on his all-truth-telling laptop.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Again no reference to giving evidence against anyone. "faced charges of conspiracy to commit intentional interference of election duties." The key word here is "faced". It could be " I'll go check the election records to see if they cheated" which as they stated is illegal .

So there you have it, un authorised attempt to see if the election was fixed. Oh big crime of the century one well worth snitching on a college/friend for absolutely no reason..
"WILL NOW TESTIFY AT FUTURE TRIALS".
Is that not clear enough for you?. It is standard practise in US plea deals for the deal to include a commitment to testify truthfully against co-conspirators.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I absolutely agree, Pence showed a level of basic integrity that those around him lacked. It saddens me that he’s subsequently been treated so poorly by his own party.

It shows how little integrity is left in the current Republican Party that it feels like he’s been pretty much ostracised since he acted to save his party’s soul.

I loathe the rabid, short-term “win at all costs” mentality of modern politics. It drives us down the road of stupid, short term decision-making, when responsible government should be looking not just at what affects us now, but how that will impact our children and grandchildren. I’m not sure many U.K. or US politicians are capable of looking beyond the next election cycle.
Has Pence ever acknowledged that Biden won the election? That is a basic test of integrity.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Has Pence ever acknowledged that Biden won the election? That is a basic test of integrity.
He didn’t get a lot of choice tbh! - The Vice President is also President of the Senate whose role is to preside over the Senate. Part of that role is to be the Presiding Officer for the final tabulation of votes, formally declare the results of the count and announce the winners of both the Vice Presidency and Presidency . He did so while looking like he had a the smell of a dead rat under his nose though;

Trump’s beef with Pence was that as Presiding Officer, he said Pence had the power to reject votes and overturn the result - which actually isn’t actually the case, the Presiding Officer’s role is ministerial under the Constitution - it is in fact, the role of Congress as a body to vote on accepting or rejecting the count. Trump was also incensed that Pence’s legal office looked into claims of fraud but announced they could not find any evidence that the ‘irregularities’ they found were substantive enough to have made a difference to the result. (Which was Pence’s way of agreeing with Trump without agreeing with him!). Pence acted in the sleeziest way possible though - said just enough to fulfil his constitutional role while keeping the door open for himself to garner support from Trump’s base and the majority of the GOP - with an eye of running for 2024.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
"WILL NOW TESTIFY AT FUTURE TRIALS".
Is that not clear enough for you?. It is standard practise in US plea deals for the deal to include a commitment to testify truthfully against co-conspirators.

No it isn't. The difference is between a plea deal and becoming states evidence. Is that clear enough for you?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No it isn't. The difference is between a plea deal and becoming states evidence. Is that clear enough for you?

But it could have been included in Sidney Powell's plea deal and the mostly truthful news media (non-conservative) are reporting it that way.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
He didn’t get a lot of choice tbh! - The Vice President is also President of the Senate whose role is to preside over the Senate. Part of that role is to be the Presiding Officer for the final tabulation of votes, formally declare the results of the count and announce the winners of both the Vice Presidency and Presidency.

If Trump had been Vice President he would have found a way to declare his chosen presidential candidate as president. Of course Trump would have never been satisfied with being ONLY the VP.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
But it could have been included in Sidney Powell's plea deal and the mostly truthful news media (non-conservative) are reporting it that way.
As part of the deal, she will serve six years of probation, will be fined $6,000 and will have to write an apology letter to Georgia and its residents. She also recorded a statement for prosecutors and agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As part of the deal, she will serve six years of probation, will be fined $6,000 and will have to write an apology letter to Georgia and its residents. She also recorded a statement for prosecutors and agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials.
And Fox news add:

The rest of the defendants include former President Donald Trump, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, former Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis and many others.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That woman was off the scales batshit crazy.

Remember those legendary press conferences, with her ranting about Krakens, Guilani with rivers of hair dye rolling down his face, the ‘Four Seasons Landscaping Company’…. 😂 😂 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here