Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
-I couldn't give a cock about how I compare with her. I didn't have a clue who she was until this morning.

So yeah, she probably knows more about black voters than me. As someone with less than a passing interest in politics that's not difficult.

I'm not dismissing her at all (not quite sure what I'm mean to dismiss) and, again, couldn't contain my indifference about which 'side' she's on. I was merely pointing out that she doesn't bother to check tweets for typos before she publishes them and doesn't think one of THE most 'mainstream media' networks is, er, mainstream media'.

'I mean if she can get multiple interviews with Cornell West she's far more linked into the US political system than you or I are.' Er, ok then. Good for her – I'm GENUINELY delighted for her. I mean, I could probably get more multiple interviews with people in the UK automotive industry than her because I'm possibly 'far more linked in' to that than her.

What a bizarre response all round :shrug:

Your whole post which wasn't directed at you in the first place is about dismissing the point she was putting forth.

Poll is wrong, can't be trusted. She can't spell (she can because she corrected the typo in the next message) which you'd only push as something if you were trying to question her credibility otherwise why even mention it?

Did you miss the first poll conducted in 2020 and how it was actually accurate? Or are you dismissing it because herp derp FOX?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
She knows far more about what is going on with Black Voters than you do. Agreed?

I love how you dismiss her without knowing anything about her. Which means you don't actually know she's left leaning then do you?

I mean if she can get multiple interviews with Cornell West she's far more linked into the US political system than you or I are.
A simple question: do you really think that Fox are trusted pollsters?
If your answer is yes to this question, please share with us something like an exit poll for the 2020 election to see how it stacked up against the outcome. If they didn't do an exit poll, or their exit poll was wildly different to the outcome then you might want to revisit your reliance on Fox as a pollster.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Your whole post which wasn't directed at you in the first place is about dismissing the point she was putting forth.

Poll is wrong, can't be trusted. She can't spell (she can because she corrected the typo in the next message) which you'd only push as something if you were trying to question her credibility otherwise why even mention it?

Did you miss the first poll conducted in 2020 and how it was actually accurate? Or are you dismissing it because herp derp FOX?
I never said the poll was wrong and wasn't dismissing it. It's a genuine poll, that's fine. My point was actually referring to what YOU had originally said, which was that just because of ONE POLL (you referred to multiples) that 20% of black voters would now be voting for Trump.

I'm not 'pushing' anything. Apart from the fact that, if you're going to make a point, it's probably worth checking the statement where you're making that point to make sure there isn't a glaring mistake. Attention to detail and all that. I couldn't give a shite about her credibility or her, I just mentioned it (and the 'msm' claim) because it made me laugh.

But nice assumptions – and bizarre 'she knows more than you/is more clued up than you' claims – on your part :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Absolutely, but you know Trump is the status quo right? He’s not proposing any meaningful electoral reform, he just wants to stay out of jail, get rich and pal up with Vlad.

None of those have any benefit for the American people, why would anyone vote for that?

And there you go again with the kind of rhetoric that will see him get re-elected.

The whole Russia-gate tin foil hat conspiracy thing doesn't wash anymore with regular voters. That ended up being a massive own goal by the Democrats.

I don't think people see Trump as being the status quo given how they have gone after him like none of the other corrupt scandalous Presidents. They are making him look the outsider.

There's precedent for this kind of thing back firing. Bill Clinton's popularity went up after the slimeball got impeached.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A simple question: do you really think that Fox are trusted pollsters?
If your answer is yes to this question, please share with us something like an exit poll for the 2020 election to see how it stacked up against the outcome. If they didn't do an exit poll, or their exit poll was wildly different to the outcome then you might want to revisit your reliance on Fox as a pollster.

Their 2020 poll was spot on. It's literally above the poll for 2023.

The poll even indicates that black voters are choosing to vote for neither party or undecided.

Plenty of articles out there that back that up.

F4nuA-GXcAAp1cm.jpg

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m sorry @Tyrone Biggums - I know we all suffer a certain degree of confirmation bias, but this one is too much of a stretch for me.

I agree that Trump’s fan base want him back more than anything else on earth, but I think most Americans are actually quite embarrassed about what happened in 2020 and the Capitol riots.

I honestly believe most Americans want to move forward and heal a bit, I just don’t believe there’s enough appetite for a rerun among regular Americans for Trump 2.

Absolutely I could be wrong, only time will tell.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As a Cat A+ Tory hater I didn't think I'd ever say this but if someone said I could have either a US Democrat or a UK Labour win next year I'd take the former.

If Trump wins the US becomes a failed State and we're all in big trouble.
Starmer is pretty sensible and more a centrist or on the right of Labour. His impending victory and Sunaks eviction won't lead to radical changes imho, a lot will be broadly similar.

If a vengeful narcissistic fascist like Trump wins it will literally be the end of United States as a democracy unless the supreme court can somehow stop him.

He sees himself as another Putin and will try everything to turn US and its institutions into dictatorship.

The thought of another Trump term, with him now fully unhinged, I genuinely believe is the single greatest geopolitical threat in my lifetime.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’m sorry @Tyrone Biggums - I know we all suffer a certain degree of confirmation bias, but this one is too much of a stretch for me.

I agree that Trump’s fan base want him back more than anything else on earth, but I think most Americans are actually quite embarrassed about what happened in 2020 and the Capitol riots.

I honestly believe most Americans want to move forward and heal a bit, I just don’t believe there’s enough appetite for a rerun among regular Americans for Trump 2.

Absolutely I could be wrong, only time will tell.

And in 2020 you'd probably have been saying no way Trump had gotten 8% of the black vote.

My bias is towards the Libertarian Party, one of the parties being shut out by the corrupt system.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Starmer is pretty sensible and more a centrist or on the right of Labour. His impending victory and Sunaks eviction won't lead to radical changes imho, a lot will be broadly similar.

If a vengeful narcissistic fascist like Trump wins it will literally be the end of United States as a democracy unless the supreme court can somehow stop him.

He sees himself as another Putin and will try everything to turn US and its institutions into dictatorship.

The thought of another Trump term, with him now fully unhinged, I genuinely believe is the single greatest geopolitical threat in my lifetime.
And he recently vowed, should he win in 2024, to "come after" his political opponents and those trying to bring him to justice through the courts. He’s openly saying he’ll throw his enemies in jail. This is Stalin/Putin behaviour. The man is a genuine threat to world peace.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Swing voters won't support Biden.

It's the utter hypocrisy and corruption that's unfolded over the last 7-8 years that has turned a lot of voters away from not voting for the Democrats. Not saying they will vote Republican but many just won't vote at all.
Hypocrisy and corruption? Are you going to present the examples of all the Democrats corruption for us?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hypocrisy and corruption? Are you going to present the examples of all the Democrats corruption for us?

I can.

Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier.

“By intentionally obscuring their payments through Perkins Coie and failing to publicly disclose the true purpose of those payments” the campaign and DNC “were able to avoid publicly reporting on their statutorily required FEC disclosure forms the fact that they were paying Fusion GPS to perform opposition research on Trump with the intent of influencing the outcome of the 2016 presidential election,” the initial complaint had read.

The Steele dossier was a report compiled by the former British spy Christopher Steele and financed by Democrats that included salacious allegations about Trump’s conduct in Russia and allegations about ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Documents have shown the FBI invested significant resources attempting to corroborate the dossier and relied substantially on it to obtain surveillance warrants targeting the former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

But since its publication, core aspects of the dossier have been exposed as unsupported and unproven rumors.

Russia-gate was political corruption with only one purpose.

Do you not remember the Democrats getting up and telling lie upon lie based on a dossier that was nothing more than fiction?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I can.

Russia-gate was political corruption with only one purpose.

Do you not remember the Democrats getting up and telling lie upon lie based on a dossier that was nothing more than fiction?
Followed by the 2020 election interference conspired by the dems and there willing media acolytes

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Except the one with the poll information isn't a video thicko :thumbsup:
You're absolutely right, silly me, I should have said, 'a link to a tweet containing a screenshot from a poll run by Fox news.' :lolol: :lolol:

That's how I tend to respond to people asking for written sources to back up my cocksure opinions.:facepalm:

It's hardly surprising no one one here gives your opinions the time of day:dunce:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You're absolutely right, silly me, I should have said, 'a link to a tweet containing a screenshot from a poll run by Fox news.' :lolol: :lolol:

That's how I tend to respond to people asking for written sources to back up my cocksure opinions.:facepalm:

It's hardly surprising no one one here gives your opinions the time of day:dunce:

The poll that ended up being correct. Miss that too?

Vapid from start to finish you are.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This is the best book I've read about the current state of the US. Recommended to me by someone I occasionally work with who lives in North Carolina and describes herself as anti-Democrat but not pro-Trump, and sincerely concerned that it's too late to avoid a major organised armed and catastrophic event.

The Storm is Here: America on the Brink https://amzn.eu/d/2kJqHir

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And he recently vowed, should he win in 2024, to "come after" his political opponents and those trying to bring him to justice through the courts. He’s openly saying he’ll throw his enemies in jail. This is Stalin/Putin behaviour. The man is a genuine threat to world peace.
If he wins again he will literally think he can do anything at home or abroad.

A danger to us all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here