Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
That was all just free speech.
Yes, it's a political witchhunt.... what is truly mind-boggling is he and Biden are neck and neck in the polls. I mean wow! At least we turfed Johnson out with very little chance of his return. Trump has an extremely good chance of returning as president.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ever chance of a Trump victory and he is likely to play look at what the Liberal elite are doing to me and this country card,it worked well for him last time, just remember how those who are supposed to be in the know wrote him off previously and look what happened. People can sneer,scoff and worse at Trump but frankly that's a foolish attitude to take to a very dangerous individual.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It beggars belief that Trump and his lawyers can seriously deny that he conspireed to overturn his 2020 election defeat. The footage of him sending his mob off to attack the White House is irrefutable evidence. So, TBH, is Pence's evidence (if he stays alive long enough to give it).

Deluded, mad, or plain evil - or just trying not to be outdone in shithousery by Putin?
The key thing though is the word 'knowingly'. They will have to prove that he 'knew' what he was saying was false. He will simply say that he believed it was true - that the election had been stolen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ever chance of a Trump victory and he is likely to play look at what the Liberal elite are doing to me and this country card,it worked well for him last time, just remember how those who are supposed to be in the know wrote him off previously and look what happened. People can sneer,scoff and worse at Trump but frankly that's a foolish attitude to take to a very dangerous individual.
Not really – he lost!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The key thing though is the word 'knowingly'. They will have to prove that he 'knew' what he was saying was false. He will simply say that he believed it was true - that the election had been stolen.
The Jan 6th hearings demonstrated that he did know and was told constantly by advisors and lawyers. Trump knew, he was pushing a false narrative at all times. FFS he didn't even win the most votes when he beat Hilary Clinton.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's obvious he knew, because he lost.

I don't think him saying "I believe it was stolen" gets him off the hook, even if he genuinely does 'believe', due to a mental issue, it was stolen, does it?

I guess if he has proof that it was stolen, that might be different, but he doesn't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And your reply absolutely nails my POV. He lost v Biden and yet beat Hilary from nowhere base set up (so he was getting support from somewhere) only fools dismiss him.
You said 'last time'. That was against Biden. He lost. Yes, the time before that he won (but got fewer votes overall) and only lasted one term!

On top of all that, he had the strop to end all strops when he refused to accept he'd lost!

I'm not dismissing him, but I doubt he'll win. And if he does, he'll make another pig's ear of it - largely because he's only interested in having the title and position of president, as opposed to doing the actual job that goes with it.

And if/when he loses, he'll whip up his base with the whole 'rigged election', 'which hunt' and 'voter fraud' schtick we had last time. He - and it - is so tedious.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What a state American politics is in. Best 2 candidates Biden or Trump.

Imo i think there mught be some truth with Trump winning, did people really want Biden as POTUS?. maybe those who voted Biden thought that he would not survive 4 years and were ready for Harris.

Anyway if Trump is in jail and also won the race for POTUS, could he be sworn in whilst in jail and the pardon himself.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What a state American politics is in. Best 2 candidates Biden or Trump.

Imo i think there mught be some truth with Trump winning, did people really want Biden as POTUS?. maybe those who voted Biden thought that he would not survive 4 years and were ready for Harris.

Anyway if Trump is in jail and also won the race for POTUS, could he be sworn in whilst in jail and the pardon himself.

Constitutionally that is a possibility. I don't believe it will happen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The thing I don’t see with the idea of Trump winning in 2024 is the 2020 election was basically won on a “get Trump out” campaign. I don’t see how enough people can have thought in 2020 that he needed to go and in 2024 will think “actually…I like the felonies”.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Fascinating if correct and I did not know that.

My reading and learning for today is sorted.
Absolutely correct. Democrats were the party of slavery and a Democratic President (who replaced the Republican Lincoln) ruined reconstruction

The thing I don’t see with the idea of Trump winning in 2024 is the 2020 election was basically won on a “get Trump out” campaign. I don’t see how enough people can have thought in 2020 that he needed to go and in 2024 will think “actually…I like the felonies”.
The issue is in 2020 Biden was largely a blank slate who stayed in the background during Obama days so everyone could write their anti Trump animus on him without even thinking about it. These days he is a more known and marmite figure so the question posed is, can he build such a broad popular front again or will people stay home or vote third party. The answer is probably but not definitely on building a winning coalition

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
And your reply absolutely nails my POV. He lost v Biden and yet beat Hilary from nowhere base set up (so he was getting support from somewhere) only fools dismiss him.
No, he lost to Hilary but won the Electoral College. Only twice has a candidate won the popular vote but not become president, Al Gore in 2000 and Hillary in 2016. Flawed system but at least Gore and Clinton had the character to accept the outcome and publically concede to make way for the president-elect. Trump knew he had lost, there's no doubt about that. He knew he lost and fought on anyway with various schemes. The evidence is overwhelming and clear and all his public statements dramatically contradict what he is recorded as having said privately. He's a grifter and a cult leader, nothing more.

Justice will be served.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here