Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’m really surprised Biden hasn’t announced he’s incredibly proud of what’s he achieved etc etc, but now it’s time to hand the reins to the next generation blah blah.

He’s been the safe pair of hands and sensible ‘adult in the room’ America so desperately needed after the Trump carnage, but - honestly - does anyone realistically think he’ll still be suited to being President 5 years from now?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m really surprised Biden hasn’t announced he’s incredibly proud of what’s he achieved etc etc, but now it’s time to hand the reins to the next generation blah blah.

He’s been the safe pair of hands and sensible ‘adult in the room’ America so desperately needed after the Trump carnage, but - honestly - does anyone realistically think he’ll still be suited to being President 5 years from now?
Agreed - I always assumed from the start that the plan was for him to be a one term President.

Perhaps it was, but then they realised Harris was unsuited/not ready for the step up?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Biden is now just a puppet for those pulling the strings. He’ll be briefed what to say and do, and excuses will be made when he fluffs his lines, but there will, hopefully, be safe hands behind him. Trump on the other hand actually thinks it’s him who’ll call the shots, won’t take advice as he knows better, when in fact he’s woefully inadequate and a compulsive narcissistic liar. He’ll still have people voting for him in their hordes though. God bless America.
I disagree with your characterisation of president Biden, I think he's setting the agenda of his administration far more than you give him credit for. I think there are certain policies that he personally champions and wants to see progress on. But he's also a leader of a democracy - he should be allowing others in the administration to run their departments, etc. For example, he probably was "briefed what to say and do" when he has been at infrastructure project openings. Would you reasonably expect him to know the ins and outs of how his infrastructure bill money is being spent? I would say no, but it was his administration which got that bill passed and it was his priority during his campaign. The difference between the Presidencies of Biden and Trump is that Biden doesn't have to be front and centre, he doesn't think he is the policy and the administration is actually empowered to do their jobs without him looming over them.

The characterisation of Trump feels spot on and generously kind to me!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I disagree with your characterisation of president Biden, I think he's setting the agenda of his administration far more than you give him credit for. I think there are certain policies that he personally champions and wants to see progress on. But he's also a leader of a democracy - he should be allowing others in the administration to run their departments, etc. For example, he probably was "briefed what to say and do" when he has been at infrastructure project openings. Would you reasonably expect him to know the ins and outs of how his infrastructure bill money is being spent? I would say no, but it was his administration which got that bill passed and it was his priority during his campaign. The difference between the Presidencies of Biden and Trump is that Biden doesn't have to be front and centre, he doesn't think he is the policy and the administration is actually empowered to do their jobs without him looming over them.

Very accurate.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Agreed - I always assumed from the start that the plan was for him to be a one term President.

Perhaps it was, but then they realised Harris was unsuited/not ready for the step up?
They never thought Trump would come back for a second bite at the cherry. As long as it's vs Trump....It'll be Biden.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I also agree completely with this. Biden is not only not Trump and has beaten and is the most likely candidate to beat Trump again, he's also transformed the economic agenda in the west far more than any other politician has in the 21C, especially via his attack on 'trickle-down economics' and preference for expanding the economy 'from the bottom up, and the middle out'. That's not just rhetoric, however, but is a simple enough way of framing things, which is fleshed out by the likes of the Inflation Reduction Act, etc.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Definitely need to put an end to this.

#StopTheSteal!!

So aliens on UFOs changed the votes because they were against Trump. When even aliens know how bad a president is you know a president is extremely bad. :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
4 charges related to January 6th. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Annoyingly his base and related knuckle daggers will double down on their Farage style ' liberal elite conspiracy' argument.
It keeps getting harder and harder to support Trump, but, they still do ! Quite incredible that so many still can't see him for what he really is.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Quite incredible that so many still can't see him for what he really is.

Many Americans were slave owners before the US Civil War until they were forced into submission. Many feel it will take another Civil War before the issue of Republicanism is solved in the US.

arich264

A rich *******
Many Americans were slave owners before the US Civil War until they were forced into submission. Many feel it will take another Civil War before the issue of Republicanism is solved in the US.
It was the Democrats who owned all the slaves. The Republicans were in the north and were against slavery. That is what the Civil War was all about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here