Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does football need more De Zerbis or more Barbers?

Does football need more RDZ or more PBOBE?

• More RDZ

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • More PBOBE

Votes: 49 45.8%

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How you can assume from that he wanted to go makes no sense...Sounds like he was in discussions about the way forward....surely someone who wanted to go would have just walked....

It could be that he was pushed before he jumped, which he made pretty clear he would do over the last few months if he didn’t get what he wanted?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Boos on some reference to failing to agree a deal with RdZ and just generally chanting that they wanted him to stay
Interestingly Bloom didn’t look phased today Barber looked feckin miserable. Barber has been lording RDZ lately he probably feels mugged off possibly by his boss.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was probably the most dissent I’ve seen toward Bloom / Barber for some time, maybe ever

The peasants are revolting, Tone will now chase Southgate to quell this.

IMG_2108.png

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It could be that he was pushed before he jumped, which he made pretty clear he would do over the last few months if he didn’t get what he wanted?

Yes could be...I just don't think it makes sense he wanted out directly. He wouldn't have bothered asking if he wanted to straight leave is my point...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How you can assume from that he wanted to go makes no sense...Sounds like he was in discussions about the way forward....surely someone who wanted to go would have just walked....
In previous interviews he said that he only wants to work if he is happy and motivated. If he could change the way that TB operates then he would be happy and motivated but he can't so he has agreed to leave. He may not want to leave but equally he will not stay if he is not those things.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As title. Does the game of football need more passionate, knee sliding lunatics who might be slightly flawed or more good C level administrators?
ITK NSC’ers are claiming he was effectively dismissed, to all intents.
I don't think it's about being ITK. The club announce he's leaving, before the final game, and he gets a great send off*.

Of course the club wanted him to stay, but he couldn't commit without guarantees.

So the mutual agreement was reached.

Which everyone knows means 'you're fired'.

*Seems quite classy by the club, in retrospect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's not an either/or. What a pointless question.
I was going to post the same.

I'm not impressed with some of the snidely comments about PBOBE (and the owner, too) since RDZ's departure was announced. And as for that other thread that is thankfully falling down the front page. FFS.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
In previous interviews he said that he only wants to work if he is happy and motivated. If he could change the way that TB operates then he would be happy and motivated but he can't so he has agreed to leave. He may not want to leave but equally he will not stay if he is not those things.

Again your latter sentences are all just assumptions...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes could be...I just don't think it makes sense he wanted out directly. He wouldn't have bothered asking if he wanted to straight leave is my point...
He was playing a game of brinkmanship with the owner, and the owner is not someone to play brinkmanship with.

The outcome was all very amicable I'm sure.

RDZ is a class act. And so are Mr Bloom and PBOBE.

And we move on.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think it's about being ITK. The club announce he's leaving, before the final game, and he gets a great send off*.

Of course the club wanted him to stay, but he couldn't commit without guarantees.

So the mutual agreement was reached.

Which everyone knows means 'you're fired'.

*Seems quite classy by the club, in retrospect.

Going by other posts, TB told him in no uncertain terms, on your bike.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was going to post the same.

I'm not impressed with some of the snidely comments about PBOBE (and the owner, too) since RDZ's departure was announced. And as for that other thread that is thankfully falling down the front page. FFS.
I’ll make this simpler.

RDZ went round the pitch and most Brighton fans sang “we want you to stay”.

a) would they do the same on PBOBE’s leaving do? And

B) why were Tony and others name checked and our CEO not? Odd or not?

Both are questions, not statements.

Go.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ll make this simpler.

Go.
Sorry to disappoint you - but I’m reliably informed RDZ thanked PBOBE and his family for their support during his time here during the written press conference

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ll make this simpler.

Go.
a) Of course not. CEOs are dull.
b) Because they aren't the best manager we have ever had who is leaving.

Question for you. If Barber is 'C' class, and Bloom wrong (and untrustworthy according to another thread), why no 'Sack the board' and Barber out' chants?

It isn't a black and white world.
There were 'Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army' chants, so I was told (I'd left before the end)
You can love RDZ, be sad he's going, but understand that he had to go.

I had this girlfriend once.
She was.....
You can guess the rest :lolol:

:thumbsup:

(You can't seriously be starting a PBOBE out campaign surely? C grade is really rather rude. A* is my rating :wink: )

Now you go ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ll make this simpler.

Go.
Fans run on emotions not logic. They think there are magic money trees and that owners, not they, should pay for the dream. They think that clubs can hold on to players that want to play at a higher level. They think that owners should create money and should also pay them wages that are unsustainable. They think that owners should take risks then get all upset when it goes wrong.

Football needs Paul Barbers more than RDZs because they run sound finances.

What football fans forget is that the boring stuff in football is more important than the exciting stuff. It's the boring stuff, done well, that keeps clubs alive and, in our case, punching at a level we shouldn't really be at.

For me our biggest signing was Barber on a six year contract. Boring though it is.

It was fun under RDZ, but his moaning and brinkmanship for the last few months made me want it all to end. I said a while back it may be affecting the team. I think I was right.

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Even in a (semi fictional) world where Barber is a great guy, lovely man, completely honest with and starts listening to supporters AND continues to be one of the best CEOs out there, football needs less suits and more managers who really give a shit.

Embarrassing if Barber wins this i think. And that would apply to any CEO paid millions to run a football club who doesn't support them or know what it's like spending your hard earned on the club you love.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Christ, it would be carnage if it was all De Zerbis!

Overall, more Barbers as football would then be a very different, more stable industry - better run and probably more competitive. The mavericks could still go about their business on the entertainment side of things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
a) Of course not. CEOs are dull.
b) Because they aren't the best manager we have ever had who is leaving.

Question for you. If Barber is 'C' class, and Bloom wrong (and untrustworthy according to another thread), why no 'Sack the board' and Barber out' chants?

It isn't a black and white world.
There were 'Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army' chants, so I was told (I'd left before the end)
You can love RDZ, be sad he's going, but understand that he had to go.

I had this girlfriend once.
She was.....
You can guess the rest :lolol:

:thumbsup:

(You can't seriously be starting a PBOBE out campaign surely? C grade is really rather rude. A* is my rating :wink: )

Now you go ???
C level

As in Chief “something” Officer. It’s not a school report.

Like I said, they’re questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here