Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does football need more De Zerbis or more Barbers?

Does football need more RDZ or more PBOBE?

• More RDZ

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • More PBOBE

Votes: 49 45.8%

• Total voters

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was surprised by the reaction. Having looked here and social media last 24 hrs I expected people to be grateful but not 'backing' him. The chant wasn't what I expected and the look at the directors box it wasn't what they expected either.

I thought his speech showed class.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was surprised by the reaction. Having looked here and social media last 24 hrs I expected people to be grateful but not 'backing' him. The chant wasn't what I expected and the look at the directors box it wasn't what they expected either.

I thought his speech showed class.

Not for the first time, it revealed that social media really is totally unrepresentative of the greater public.

Always a good example to use. Pre RDZ, Solly often faced much venom here if he missed a chance, hyperbolic and bitter “what exactly does EFL quality March offer? He’s shit”. Then at the next Amex game, all naturally, thousands would stand and sing his chant, as he warmed up as a sub.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the end of the day there are hundreds of thousands of Paul Barber’s of this world and depending on your point of view and politics, you either laud them or not.

at the end of the day our club is run like a multi national business who has a single shareholder who in effect owns the club and he has a team like barber and the postmaster guy to run it like the business that it is.

On the other hand you have passionate artists who have visions of how the game should be played and as in RDZ they will develop a tremendous winning style of play that other teams will have to copy and because they have far more money than us, will get in better players to play it and clubs like ours will have to redefine ourselves and hope that a RDZ thinker is out there somewhere.

the trick is now to find someone and their team who will take us further than RDZ a has done, which is back into Europe, therefore a top 5 or 6 position. Can we do that in the next couple of seasons, I very much doubt if RDZ wanted new players to do that with him and the club obviously didn’t match his ambition/ costing etc. remember we have basically dismantled our scouting system with the loss of winstanly and the guy who went to Chelsea.

ok now we have done and dusted this season, I have thought since the away game at ROMA that the early and middle part of the season in Europe was the best it was going to get for the foreseeable future.

so to answer the other post, my mojo is very much that we have seen the best and this is a hell of a down at the moment.

still we have a tour of Japan to look forwards to and of course watching Pascal, Billy and Undav in the euros

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Those who stayed behind in the North Stand were pretty clear what they wanted. :shrug:
Was probably the most dissent I’ve seen toward Bloom / Barber for some time, maybe ever

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Meaning his way and our way are no longer compatible. A mutual decision to leave in this case sounds like it actually was.

How you can assume from that he wanted to go makes no sense...Sounds like he was in discussions about the way forward....surely someone who wanted to go would have just walked....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In what way?
Boos on some reference to failing to agree a deal with RdZ and just generally chanting that they wanted him to stay

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Divisive question. Yeah let's have more people running a club badly cos thats worked an absolute treat at Brighton down the years. Of course once you get that side of things right then everyone wants to be entertained by the football side of things. And I think the North Stand were doing what any fan base would do in that circumstance and showing support for the man in front of them who has given us some of the best times. Not really the time to chant "we want you to stay (if you work to our model, sort out a Plan B, stop rotating goalkeepers and stop whinging)" Doesn't quite have the same ring to it and I think the long chant of Tony Bloom's Blue and White army from all sides of the ground told its own story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As title. Does the game of football need more passionate, knee sliding lunatics who might be slightly flawed or more good C level administrators?
C level?

Hmmmmmm...... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here