Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
DK had no intention of appointing Martin Hinshelwood. He thought he had reached agreement with his favoured candidate for the job, but - at the very last minute - that candidate threw in a few additional demands which were unacceptable.

With the season about to start, the only option then available was to fall back on a stop-gap internal appointment - hence MH.

The basis of this was that if it worked, he could stay in the job.

Plainly it didn't. Therefore DK went in search of a permanent manager from among those who had been interviewed previously. Eventually, he persuaded Steve Coppell to join.

But SC always knew that he was second choice (at best) and this was never going to be the basis for a long stay.

Martin Hinshelwood has been justly rewarded for his loyalty to the Club and DK with the permanent position as Director of Football. For this, he gets more money and a reputation for failure that will haunt him forever.

But it was not DK's fault that this first choice appointment fell through. DK should be commended for not giving into blackmail (or, in the words of Charlie's Shinpad, "keeping the purse strings tight").

Well said Lord B. That is the accurate story.

Btw do people realise that we haven't got all the money from Spurs for Bobby yet?

It is being paid in two instalments, the second being paid next year.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Originally posted by El Presidente

You constantly bleat about DK spending money on players, well he has. Leon Knight and Ben Roberts bost are on good contracts.

The reason he brought Leon Knight is becasue it was an investment. Dick Tight is thinking to himself within 2 years I'll sell him for £500,000 and make a beautiful profit but f***ed if I'll re-invest it into the playing side.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
El Presidente said:
Errr.....you are really stupid actually. The vast majority of money in football comes from Sky TV rights.

Looking at most chairmen in the Prem , the only ones who fulfil your definition of an "invester" (sic) is Jack Heyward at Wolves and the Crooked Croat at Pompey. As for the rest, they are businessmen
Yeah but you didn't awnser my question did you!
So what would have happened if fatboy slim didn't put 2 1/2 million into the club?
Face it fatboy slim has put 4 times what knight has via sponsership etc into the club and gets no credit as all credit goes to knight.

To be very honest i would rather lose knight than fatboy slim any day.

:p :clap2: :drink:

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Erm, Maybe it has something to do with them being in dept of £4.5 million.

And that's supposed to degrade my argument how? Excellent opportunity to pick up a club with a very nice newly developed ground at a bargain basement price. Don't exactly see an orderly queue of these millionaires queuing up do you? They may be £4.5 million in debt but they probably own their own ground which could be used as collateral against loans. Makes them a more viable business than us at present.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Soton Seagull said:
Lucky Boy said - 'I will watch the Albion whatever division they are in. If you want to be a glory seeking pot seeker go support Man U. There is more to being a fan than trophies, but under DK we have won two championships, more than under any other chairman.
'...........

Mr Farang - I totally agree, but surely the quote undermines your other posts in this thread slating Knight!

Easy 10 - Top posts mate, but don't rise to them. Saw you at the match today, almost said hello! [/B][/QUOTE]

I did say that, But I get so frustrated with the team and the Chairman that I vent my anger out on here
:angry:

munster monch said:
Most of you pro Knighters seem to have completely ignored this post though.

I think it deserves some kind of decent response

How can we respond when there are no facts in that post - just the suppositions of someone who knows nothing about the running of the club.

What if we'd signed Ingamarson? What if Smith had scored? What if Reinalt had missed? What if Archer hadn't sold the club to Knight?

Who knows? Who cares? Deal in facts.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
they do own their own ground. (notts county that is)

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I know i'm not alone in thinking this as others i've talked to have also voiced there concern...what happens if falmer is rejected
the ' all your eggs in one basket ' quote springs to mind.
Believe me i want it to happen but remember its a 50-50 chance.

portslade seagull said:
I know i'm not alone in thinking this as others i've talked to have also voiced there concern...what happens if falmer is rejected
the ' all your eggs in one basket ' quote springs to mind.
Believe me i want it to happen but remember its a 50-50 chance.

50-50 chance? Is Prescott going to toss a coin then? Based on th evidence given, there is no possible reason to reject the application. That's not to say that it won't be rejected. But what difference would a new chairman make to this? Would he bribe Prescott?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Great Cornholio said:
50-50 chance? Is Prescott going to toss a coin then? Based on th evidence given, there is no possible reason to reject the application. That's not to say that it won't be rejected. But what difference would a new chairman make to this? Would he bribe Prescott?
Yeah a new chairman would bribe as we all no these politians are dodgy to say the least.:p

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
In response to DK being let down by this supposed manager at the last minute and being forced!!!!!to appoint MH.

So who was this alleged Manager then?

Wouldnt do DKs Credability any harm if he had named and shamed this man,because ultimately those games at the beginnig of last season cost us our Div 1 status,and all this unrest since.

So anyone out there know who he was??

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I was'nt saying anything about a new chairman at all !!!!!!!!!!
All i'm saying is everybody is so cocksure that falmer will happen
what happens if it goes pear-shaped.
The cost has already rocketed skywards if we've no money now
how is borrowing the millions required going to alleviate the
position we are already in ??????????????

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Do the people whou shout, 'get your wallet out Knight' realise how f***ing RETARDED THEY LOOK?

Yes gents, you look like complete twats who have absolutely no idea about anything.

Posting posting Easy, it's hard to accept that some people would rather see Knight leave after everything he's done for the club.

Short memories still evident at the Withdean.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do the people whou shout, 'get your wallet out Knight' realise how f***ing RETARDED THEY LOOK?

Yes gents, you look like complete twats who have absolutely no idea about anything.

Posting posting Easy, it's hard to accept that some people would rather see Knight leave after everything he's done for the club.

Short memories still evident at the Withdean.
Errrr what money:p
Whats so retarded about wanting a few extra bob to try and get a decentish side to move into falmer with.:p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Originally posted by El Presidente

You constantly bleat about DK spending money on players, well he has. Leon Knight and Ben Roberts bost are on good contracts.

The reason he brought Leon Knight is becasue it was an investment. Dick Tight is thinking to himself within 2 years I'll sell him for £500,000 and make a beautiful profit but f***ed if I'll re-invest it into the playing side.

You see, this is the level of intellect we are working with here. According to Farang, Dick has brought in Leon so that we can re-sell him for £500k in 2 years time - and this is apparently a "BAD THING" somehow.

If in two years time we can get half a million for Leon, I'd have to assume he'd have served us pretty well and scored an absolute bucktetload of goals for us. We'd have had 2 years service from an excellent young striker who we paid relative peanuts for.

But Dick Knight is just "thinking to himself" (sic) in bringing bloody good strikers to the Albion and selling them on for a profit. How feckin SELFISH of him eh ? Why didn't Dick Knight buy some SHITE players instead, who'd be here for ever cos no other fucker would be in the slightest bit interested. Surely thats the way forward ? If you live in Farangs world it is, anyway.

Come on you anti-Knight protesters. At least test me with a reply, this is like shooting fish in a f***ing barrell.

I've been drinking, and you've got me swearing again now.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah thats just it and i no that many investors are Q'ing up for falmer,but i have stated thats its a real shame we can't get a small invester now and not talking big money either.

Yeah i no there is no invester currently,but that should be a goal to improve the team a bit before the big move.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here