Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's almost as if he didn't win Championship player of the month for August 2019, his first month with Leeds...

....... or have the Newport manager salivating over him when he was there - future England player.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How's that work then?

18 games played so far...

Last 9 = 12 points
First 9 = 11 points

Last 6 = 9 points
Previous 6 = 4 points

Good stats I might go and look at the Leeds fan forum to see how they're doing.

No wait that would just be schadenfreude (pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune). Passing thought, just imagine if we'd lost and then we went on their forum! I think I'd have to reevaluate things if I did that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Expecting a win is entitled whoever you are playing in the same division imo. Hoping for one, wanting one etc is fine. I don’t recall the last time that I expected a win in the PL. No wonder so many want Potter out if they have your attitude to any game :shrug:

History, not just ours, should tell you that playing against 10 men guarantees nothing

‘I would have expected to have won that’ /‘should have won that’... past tense in post match analysis. Based on the players rather than a league championship win 50 years ago.
Very different to expecting to win pre match. I have very rarely (if ever) expected us to win a game before kick off. There are just too many unknown unknowns. That would be entitlement. Post match discussion is not entitlement. It is weighing everything up and saying ‘we should have won that.’ Did that lots of times at Withdean, Gillingham (well maybe not quite so frequently) and the Goldstone. I do think you are getting a bit bogged down within this entitlement thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
‘I would have expected to have won that’ /‘should have won that’... past tense in post match analysis. Based on the players rather than a league championship win 50 years ago.
Very different to expecting to win pre match. I have very rarely (if ever) expected us to win a game before kick off. There are just too many unknown unknowns. That would be entitlement. Post match discussion is not entitlement. It is weighing everything up and saying ‘we should have won that.’ Did that lots of times at Withdean, Gillingham (well maybe not quite so frequently) and the Goldstone. I do think you are getting a bit bogged down within this entitlement thing.

Only because we have a raft of entitled fans at the moment :smile:

We are not talking post match comments are we? We should have beaten United but to suggest you expect to beat them pre match is massively entitled..imo

Wozza EXPECTED to beat Sheffield United didn’t he? We were all pissed off that we didn’t, that is a no brainer

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza EXPECTED to beat Sheffield United didn’t he? We were all pissed off that we didn’t, that is a no brainer

I certainly expected to win at least ONE of our games against Burnley, Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United. Drawing the latter pushed me over the edge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I certainly expected to win at least ONE of our games against Burnley, Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United. Drawing the latter pushed me over the edge.

I hoped we’d win all of them as welI. We were the better team in all those games too. Frustrating doesn’t cover it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Only because we have a raft of entitled fans at the moment :smile:

We are not talking post match comments are we? We should have beaten United but to suggest you expect to beat them pre match is massively entitled..imo

I was lucky enough (?) to go to the Sheffield United match. I was convinced we were going to lose. They had 1 point, had already broken all the records for “the worst start ever” and we needed it badly. When they scored I thought that was it. I was delighted when we scored. Expecting to win? No way!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
****ing brilliant. Love it.

Best of all, because after sharing all the deluded fans' sulky comments and cry baby "well that's him unfollowed" strops, the website's moment of more reasonable grown-up analysis is....

"it may be getting to the point where any return is looking unlikely"

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Just read that and had one of those tea/ nose/ splutter moments that I thought only happened in sit-coms.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
"And with White seriously impressing in the Premier League this term, and signing a new contract with the Seagulls, he may well now be out of Leeds’ price-range in the future."

Think he always was!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At least they can console themselves after their win last nig...

Oh :eek:

:wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He’s not for sale. Why is that so difficult to grasp. And why would we accept £30m? Is there something in the water up there?

We decide what he’s worth [emoji3581]
If we bid we can get him [emoji3581]
He’s Leeds through and through [emoji3581]

[tweet]1357338417189638158[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here