Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
One of my (former) colleagues is Leeds born and bred.....has been messaging me regularly over the last couple of weeks. Narrative is basically that Bielsa will take them to at least a Europa League place this season, and then ‘kick on from there’ to be ‘back where we belong’.
I'm Leeds born and bred.

Bielsa's a ballsack.

UTA!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m in my 40’s and from day one I’ve been aware that we were hated. I’m sure most people don’t even know why they hate us it’s just what everyone seems to do. I spoke to a few young lads in London when I was down there the other month and asked them why they hated us. They didn’t actually have a reason other than it was just the ‘we all hate Leeds scum’ song they’d sang whilst at games.

It makes us who we are tho I guess, it’s an ‘us against the world’ attitude and I wouldn’t want that to change one little bit. I don’t personally care if people want to hate us, I’d much sooner that than be irrelevant.

You are Hocico and I demand my £5 prize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKEpIHCyFAI

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I’ve seen enough already to confidently think we ain’t going down.

You wont go down because you are a decent team that plays good football. I think most people on here just get a bit pissed of that you think you made Ben White what he is not realising that is exactly why you send players out on loan

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
One of my (former) colleagues is Leeds born and bred.....has been messaging me regularly over the last couple of weeks. Narrative is basically that Bielsa will take them to at least a Europa League place this season, and then ‘kick on from there’ to be ‘back where we belong’.

Funny how you all seem to know a Leeds who is stating we’re going to finish top 6 yet of the 100’s I know not one believes or says this. Fact is this season we’d all be happy with just staying up but do I think a mid table/top half finish is possible? Yes sure I do and my prediction is 10th-12th.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
You wont go down because you are a decent team that plays good football. I think most people on here just get a bit pissed of that you think you made Ben White what he is not realising that is exactly why you send players out on loan

Thanks. I don’t think we made Ben White but I do know working under Bielsa improved him. He was class for us from game one and just got better as the season went on. He’s certain to get an England call up before long, I really do rate him that highly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Funny how you all seem to know a Leeds who is stating we’re going to finish top 6 yet of the 100’s I know not one believes or says this. Fact is this season we’d all be happy with just staying up but do I think a mid table/top half finish is possible? Yes sure I do and my prediction is 10th-12th.

Not funny, colleague of many years who I massively respect but who seems to have lost all perspective when wearing his dirty specs.

I think you’ll be 14-16 personally, there are 3/4 worse teams for sure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks. I don’t think we made Ben White but I do know working under Bielsa improved him. He was class for us from game one and just got better as the season went on. He’s certain to get an England call up before long, I really do rate him that highly.

The whole ****ing point of a loan to a lesser club in a lower division is to improve the player.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I’ve seen enough already to confidently think we ain’t going down.

Sounds like Norwich last season.

Still in the honeymoon period while the better managers learn how to beat you, remember Huddersfield the year we came up? Those first 10 or 12 games gave them the majority of their points for the season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Ben White disagrees, he attributes playing at a higher level more to his success rather than anything he specifically learnt from Bielsa

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’m in my 40’s and from day one I’ve been aware that we were hated. I’m sure most people don’t even know why they hate us it’s just what everyone seems to do. I spoke to a few young lads in London when I was down there the other month and asked them why they hated us. They didn’t actually have a reason other than it was just the ‘we all hate Leeds scum’ song they’d sang whilst at games.

It makes us who we are tho I guess, it’s an ‘us against the world’ attitude and I wouldn’t want that to change one little bit. I don’t personally care if people want to hate us, I’d much sooner that than be irrelevant.

IMO there are 3 reasons why Leeds have been hated:

1. In the 70s they were so bloody good that a lot of people just hated them for being so good. Watch Leeds 7 -0 win v Southampton.
2. They had a few players who were a “bit physical” - think Charlton, Hunter, Bremner, Giles - but most other teams also had their hard men too in those days ( though not as many). It was almost a mandatory requirement that teams had to recruit a leg breaker.
3. Since they were relegated from the Prem the arrogance of some of their fans in thinking they were entitled to a place back in the top flight has continued to make them the subject of hatred (and ridicule) by fans of most other clubs - the northern version of Millwall.

As someone who has “supported” them since childhood ( tho never on the scale of my support for BHA) I’m glad they are back in the prem and I think they will stay there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
F034EC36-A6A7-4817-98DF-13DDB8713E0D.jpeg

Hello any Leeds fans reading this thread, don’t get too cold out there. :)

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
Sounds like Norwich last season.

Still in the honeymoon period while the better managers learn how to beat you, remember Huddersfield the year we came up? Those first 10 or 12 games gave them the majority of their points for the season.

We ain’t no Norwich or Huddersfield tho. The way we play will mean we’re in for our fair share of defeats as we leave ourselves open at the back but we’ll never not stop pressing forward. We haven’t really got going yet, we can play better than we have done so far and we’ll only get better as the new players start to integrate and really get upto speed with Bielsa’s way. There certainly won’t be a fitter squad in the league, the running stats are quite incredible but it’s needed for the system to work.

As I’ve said I think we’ve got more than enough to avoid relegation and I think the same for you, I’ve watched 3 of your games and been impressed, you play some good stuff and don’t see you guys been anywhere near the bottom 3 either.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We ain’t no Norwich or Huddersfield tho. The way we play will mean we’re in for our fair share of defeats as we leave ourselves open at the back but we’ll never not stop pressing forward. We haven’t really got going yet, we can play better than we have done so far and we’ll only get better as the new players start to integrate and really get upto speed with Bielsa’s way. There certainly won’t be a fitter squad in the league, the running stats are quite incredible but it’s needed for the system to work.

As I’ve said I think we’ve got more than enough to avoid relegation and I think the same for you, I’ve watched 3 of your games and been impressed, you play some good stuff and don’t see you guys been anywhere near the bottom 3 either.

You were running out of steam when Covid shut football down last season, lockdown did you a massive favour as it looked very much like the annual Leeds capitulation was just about starting.

With less games but more condensed seasons this time it will be interesting to see when you start to burn out and how you’ll cope with the inevitable injuries.

Both of our teams will be bottom half this season so by definition we will be in the fight to avoid the drop. Pretty football doesn’t guarantee results over the season.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
You were running out of steam when Covid shut football down last season, lockdown did you a massive favour as it looked very much like the annual Leeds capitulation was just about starting.

With less games but more condensed seasons this time it will be interesting to see when you start to burn out and how you’ll cope with the inevitable injuries.

Both of our teams will be bottom half this season so by definition we will be in the fight to avoid the drop. Pretty football doesn’t guarantee results over the season.

Running out of steam!? We’d won 5 on the bounce without conceding and were playing the best football I’d witnessed before lockdown hit so that’s nonsense. The burnout thing is a total myth anyway, our running stats have actually increased for the latter part of both seasons while Bielsa has been here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fair assessment I reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here