Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My non-BHAFC wishlist over the next couple of weeks is Zahahaha leaves Palace for £30m (I know, it's £200m less than he's worth), Leeds can't sign a striker (so have to start with Bamford), Koch goes to Spurs and Bielsa leaves because they''ve only signed 3 15-year old trainees.

I hope another consequence for the real Chumpions of Europe of all this Ben White hassle will be a reluctance for other clubs to lend Leeds promising young players. There's only a couple of weeks to go and they've signed nobody; the loan market could be crucial for them but they've demonstrated that in Yorkshire they don't understand the concept of borrowing.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I hope another consequence for the real Chumpions of Europe of all this Ben White hassle will be a reluctance for other clubs to lend Leeds promising young players. There's only a couple of weeks to go and they've signed nobody; the loan market could be crucial for them but they've demonstrated that in Yorkshire they don't understand the concept of borrowing.

Couldn't agree more. Although part of me would be very amused if, having failed to get our 4th choice CB for £30m, they then take Roberts (our 8th choice) on loan with no loan to buy option and end up in the same position next year. Luckily for us, when Bielsa gets his hands on him, he'll be worth billions on his return so they definitely won't be able to afford him!

Just to be clear, that's not a slight of Haydon Roberts. He's an unbelievable prospect.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This is my favourite response:

[tweet]1297892876748312577[/tweet]

As if the loan system was created for Leeds to test players before purchasing :lol:

I would expect this from a 5yr old maybe?

EDIT: One of the biggest factors I said from that start is we are not going to strengthen Leeds. Glad this Sky chap spelled that out. Not that they will listen.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Maybe now it will start to dawn on a few of the less thick ones that the reason why we don't want to sell Ben is because it's bloody hard and expensive to go out and sign exciting new talent from other clubs.

So when you already have them at your club, make sure you damn keep and use them.

We found out when we came up that its actually pretty hard to sign quality players in the prem. The really really good game changing players cost an absolute fortune and all the top 6 sides fight over them. Decent prem players cost a little bit less of a fortune and everyone else fights over them. Everybody has money to spend and everybody tries to sign the same players. You have to be so super quick and super quiet when you do your business. Its a lesson Leeds are just finding out.

Like you say, if you've got good players you don't let them go cheap and you have to have a back up sorted, preferably already signed.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Today is going to a be glorious day on this thread as they try to spin the conspiracy theories about how this news is all a smoke screen for the great unveiling of Ben White...
...the reporters are all in on the big surprise because everything revolves around the biggest club on the planet.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Hoping Koch chooses to go to Spurs first.

That in itself will give the deluded ones a shot of reality. Especially as they’re starting to big him up as a better signing then White (suuuuure, tell yourselves that).

Come on Spurs!

Then they’ll already be into a known 3rd choice cb doesn’t inspire confidence that whoever said 3rd choice is was really wanted in the first place. They really are a gift :lolol::lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As if the loan system was created for Leeds to test players before purchasing :lol:

EDIT: One of the biggest factors I said from that start is we are not going to strengthen Leeds. Glad this Sky chap spelled that out. Not that they will listen.

Maybe Avis ad Hertz should stop renting cars, close down the Leeds taxi ranks, buy your own car if you want to get home.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe now it will start to dawn on a few of the less thick ones that the reason why we don't want to sell Ben is because it's bloody hard and expensive to go out and sign exciting new talent from other clubs.

So when you already have them at your club, make sure you damn keep and use them.

And certainly make sure you don't sell them to a league rival making them stronger and you weaker

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
93EED0C9-63E2-4249-9466-72697E966C18.png
Trying to debate these idiots is really hard graft. They naturally can’t answer anything with any substance. I just get the we’re a big club with a big fan base bla bla yawn

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Tbf many here wanted us to sell him at the first £20m offer.

I think they’ve come round now (I hope)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Wow that’s an original one [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would be wonderful if Bielsa left, that why I can have both of my wishes regarding Leeds: Bielsa being successful and Leeds ****ing off straight down the Championship again.

I'll take that so long as away fans are allowed in for the January fixture!

Yoda

English & European
Leeds fans are outraged we see them as direct competitors. Apparently because they were good in the Championship last season, they are nailed on for top 10 this year.

They need to realize, anyone outside of the top 6 is a direct competitor.

Exactly, we basically pissed all over the Championship for two seasons if you included the almost year. Yet we all realised it would take a monumental shift in effort and style to stay up for a couple of years, let alone start to establish ourselves.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Leeds: :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1297930196071452675[/tweet]

Not only are they deluded they are also bitter, incredibly bitter, and very easily triggered. It's quite pathetic and our social media team deserve medals for not calling them out on it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly, we basically pissed all over the Championship for two seasons if you included the almost year. Yet we all realised it would take a monumental shift in effort and style to stay up for a couple of years, let alone start to establish ourselves.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Leeds: :dunce::dunce::dunce:

I clearly remember our match against Man City where we frustrated them for 70 mins with defensive football. God knows what would have happened if we’d played Bielsaball. We then went to Leicester who made us look non league.

Leeds, without considerable strengthening are in for a very rude awakening, as is Bielsa imo.

The PL is no place to try and play like you can in the Championship if you are still basically a Championship side. If Leeds think they can play like they did last season we are in for a treat on MOTD :lolol:

larus

I clearly remember our match against Man City where we frustrated them for 70 mins with defensive football. God knows what would have happened if we’d played Bielsaball. We then went to Leicester who made us look non league.

Leeds, without considerable strengthening are in for a very rude awakening, as is Bielsa imo.

The PL is no place to try and play like you can in the Championship if you are still basically a Championship side. If Leeds think they can play like they did last season we are in for a treat on MOTD :lolol:

No, I think you’re wrong. They will storm the league with the same players and maybe a big Koch. Liverpool, after all, are only slight favourites.

We should all stand back and watch Bielsa rewrite the text-book of what you need to succeed in the PL.

Even if they have a very poor start, they should stick to the Bielsa pressing plan, as it will only need fine-tuning.

You should await your education in the presence of greatness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here