Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

el punal

Only Leeds fan I know well, chose to support Leeds as he wanted to piss his Dad off, who supported Man Utd.

My next door neighbour’s son is a Leeds fan, doesn’t go to Elland Road - too far. So, a few years ago, here in Southampton, Saints were due to play the Mighty Whites at St.Mary’s. Are you going? I enquired. No, came the reply, I’ll watch it on the telly. Classic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why not?

I was also at the last games at the Goldstone (including the midweek 11 o'clock(?) kick off), Wembley play-off, Millenium Stadium play-off and pretty much every game at Priestfield.

OK, so now I’m interested, why aren’t you an Albion fan?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Incredible to think that Leeds United fans regard themselves as so much bigger yet fail at the most crucial benchmark.

Not once have they even made the final of the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup. Let alone won it.

Tinpot.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This Leeds fan isn’t completely wrong, in every job I’ve had working in Brighton to this day I’m surrounded by Liverpool, Arse, Man U, Spurs fans.

I don’t think it can be helped, and this isn’t a problem just with our club, probably half the Prem face this.

However there is a difference. We’re a club on the up. We’re on the verge of creating our own golden era, this is what Uncle Tony is doing for us. We’re creating our own legacy. Already now when I go into town I see far more kids with Albion shirts then I used to.

We lose a generation of fans when we lost the Goldstone. But now we’re a club on the up, with the best chairman in the league.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That's true...met a lad this morning (ex-Man U) who now goes to the Amex regularly and is now a fan because his 10 year old is a Seagulls fan.

Always used to be that you ended up following your Dad's team not the other way round...kid's today eh!

Mind you my old man was a Sunderland fan (yeah I know, I know!) so I dodged a bullet there!

Of course you did :lolol:???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I just thought I’d throw this one into the mix. Brighton v Leeds since our promotion to the Championship in 2011.

Games played - 12, Brighton wins - 8, Leeds wins - 2, Draws - 2. Goals scored, Brighton - 23, Leeds - 12. :drink:

Yep.

But my favourite was definitely in 2005 or 2006 when Gary Hart scored an injury time winner at Withdean to beat them 2-1. Leeds fans could not believe where they had ended up. It was truly beautiful.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep.

But my favourite was definitely in 2005 or 2006 when Gary Hart scored an injury time winner at Withdean to beat them 2-1. Leeds fans could not believe where they had ended up. It was truly beautiful.

Zamora 89th minute winner at Elland Road for his first goal back at the club for me...

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Incredible to think that Leeds United fans regard themselves as so much bigger yet fail at the most crucial benchmark.

Not once have they even made the final of the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup. Let alone won it.

Tinpot.

I was there when we lifted the trophy.
It was also a great right hook by Jacob's when he got sent off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This Leeds fan isn’t completely wrong, in every job I’ve had working in Brighton to this day I’m surrounded by Liverpool, Arse, Man U, Spurs fans.

I don’t think it can be helped, and this isn’t a problem just with our club, probably half the Prem face this.

However there is a difference. We’re a club on the up. We’re on the verge of creating our own golden era, this is what Uncle Tony is doing for us. We’re creating our own legacy. Already now when I go into town I see far more kids with Albion shirts then I used to.

We lose a generation of fans when we lost the Goldstone. But now we’re a club on the up, with the best chairman in the league.
This is true. But I would question that they are fans. Almost all the big 6 'fans' I know wouldn't dream of going anywhere near a match. They are a bunch of fakes for the most part who mistakenly think their life will be so much better if they feel part of success achieved by a football team based in a city hundreds of miles from home. They are a creation of sky.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Another genius who doesn’t understand not for sale and going on about valuations.

Gullible [emoji3581]
Leeds “made” Ben White the player he is [emoji3581]

[tweet]1297528354363580417[/tweet]

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Blimey, are you lot still bickering about who’s the more deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here