Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Leeds play European and PL champions Liverpool in just over 3 weeks time, they have a weaker championship level squad minus their loanee best player, have made no significant signings, have one recognised striker who is Bamford!, a lack of central defenders and an out of contract manager stalling on signing a new deal! But they all seem reasonably content, I'd be very very worried if I was a Leeds fan.

They seem to think Bielsa is some sort of God just because he got them promoted from a very average division. I think they are in for a nasty reality check in September then it will be normal service resumed, car crash Leeds taking over Newcastles crown in the PL.

I dunno. Every year there are upsets, especially early in the season when some of the bigger clubs underestimated newly promoted sides. While all you say is true, it's also a reason Liverpool might not approach the game in top gear. Meanwhile newly promoted clubs (most clubs really) always step up against the big boys. I could see leeds getting a good result. Whether that gives them momentum to start the season well, or overconfidence and a reputation that leads to a subsequent poor run of results I couldn't say.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey.

[tweet]1296770801748848645[/tweet]

I'm assuming he'll be banned from WACCOE (still genuinely can't believe what that stands for, so funny) and denounced from the cult of LeedsLeedsLeeds?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's frustrating to receive similar comments from posters so i'll keep it short.

Read my post before you answer.

I work in education and am starting to worry about the state of the education provided on the south coast.

Is home economics still a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't see the problem? Signatures aren't easy. Very easy to let the hand slip and get it wrong.
Focus is essential when signing things. Give the man time.

Thinks it’s quite telling that the senior management team at the Championships of Europe are pussy footing around their employee manager trying to find the right time to sign a contract.

Wonder if they have spoken to the chip shop owner beneath his flat to get a mood assessment before knocking on the door?

Is he in?

Great, what’s the mood like?

Well normally he has haddock but he stared me out whilst ordering a pineapple fritter

Sh1t! Ok we we will leave it tonight, let me know if he comes out his room yeah?

Yeah will do.

Marcelo?

Yeah

It was that bloke again

Who, the Italian ?

Yeah

Did you tell him
About the fritter

Yes I did

Good, see you later

Yep

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm assuming he'll be banned from WACCOE (still genuinely can't believe what that stands for, so funny) and denounced from the cult of LeedsLeedsLeeds?

I’ve just looked it up.

I can see why they’re all so deluded. Wow.

Didn’t they only get to a semi-final? How does that make them champions of Europe?

I’m confused. :wrong:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I’ve just looked it up.

Didn’t they only get to a semi-final? How does that make them champions of Europe?

You are no more confused than Leeds fans, at least you aren't deluded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve just looked it up.

They think they were robbed by the referee and they are the true champions. That's how deluded they are.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok, so now the club have released photos of Ben training with us.. how long until Leeds lot move to the next stage of grief. Anger.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Technically they have as much right to call themselves European Champions as we do.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
They were playing Bayern (I think) in the European Cup Final and had a goal disallowed our something, it’s quite a funny/sad story to read.

The really sad thing is the injuries caused in the pre and post-match violence, perpetrated by Leeds fans. UEFA almost abandoned the competition before the kick off, and then banned Leeds from European football for 4 years. One of the many reasons so many football fans dislike Leeds.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This is my favourite comment under the Ben White training pic:

[tweet]1296798583140896771[/tweet]

Because when you’re running you smile like the ****ing joker!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here