Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020
On this topic how many Leeds players even make our bench? Kalvin Phillips probably the only standout. How many of our players walk into their XI? Ryan, Lamptey, Montoya, Burn, Bernardo, Dunk, Duffy, Clarke, Veltman, White, Roberts, Webster, Azate, Mooy, Bissouma, Stephens, Propper, Gross, MacAllista, Lallana, Trossard, Murray, Connolly, Maupay.. Pretty much our whole squad on paper is better than theirs. They keep going on about how godlike Bielsa is but he's probably waiting to see if Barca get knocked out tonight whether they'd be interested in him and by the way this is a man who got a decent Argentina side knocked out of the world cup group stages, bottled two cup finals during his time in spain and only got leeds promoted because all the good teams had already beat them too it aside from Brentford. They are a decent size club with a decent little team but right now we're miles ahead of them.

Meslier looks like an outstanding young keeper to me. Could be the French #1 in time imo.

Hernandez even at 35 was close to the highest ranked player in the Championship last year.

Ayling maybe as well.

Phillips certainly wouldn't be on the bench of a combined side. Southgate was considering him for the England setup even in the Championship. I don't think anyone could say with a straight face Mooy, Bissouma and Mac Allistar would fetch the same money on the open market. Phillips would be worth £40m+ in the open market, even coming out of the Championship.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Relegation? No chance. Top 10 or top 6 [emoji110]

https://twitter.com/brianlaffey/status/1294202479970791424

There are some reasonable comments there from a few posters.

But then you get:

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 10.45.14.png

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 10.45.05.png

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 10.44.01.png

The third one is funny as he's being 'realistic'.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Meslier looks like an outstanding young keeper to me. Could be the French #1 in time imo.

Hernandez even at 35 was close to the highest ranked player in the Championship last year.

Ayling maybe as well.

Phillips certainly wouldn't be on the bench of a combined side.

Sorry not for me. Meslier has done okay since the Casilla incident however future french number 1 possibly because they don't have much coming through think Gautier Larsonneur is way better from what i've seen.

Hernandez wouldn't make our bench. Lallana, Gross, Alexis would all be ahead of him. He was a decent prospect in Valencia had a few moments at Swansea and has been brilliant for Leeds but reminds me of Whittingham or Knockeart Championship is just where he thrives.

Ayling is decent but not better than Lamptey or Montoya.

Phillips would he get in over Mooy, Bissouma, Propper, Azate possibly.. I'll concede on that one he's very good.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
They're too busy posting on tiktok instead.

[tweet]1293644444433031169[/tweet]

Ohhhh........so that's what they look like when they take their black hoodies off and that's what they get up to when their parents leave them home alone to go down the pub (or set fire to something).

TWATS!

PS Do we know which one is postcode boy and which is Mr Letdown? I think we should be told.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Ayling maybe as well.

Phillips certainly wouldn't be on the bench of a combined side. Southgate was considering him for the England setup even in the Championship. I don't think anyone could say with a straight face Mooy, Bissouma and Mac Allistar would fetch the same money on the open market. Phillips would be worth £40m+ in the open market, even coming out of the Championship.

You could come up with this sort of analysis for nearly every promoted side every single year - Norwich last year being a case in point. The bottom line is, form in the Championship isn't worth a w**k up here. If it was, we'd still have Sam Baldock leading the line.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Phillips would be worth £40m+ in the open market, even coming out of the Championship.

Funny. I could probably find 100 Tweets from Leeds fans saying they wouldn't pay more than £25m for a player who hasn't proved himself in the Premier League.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe that was actually l***s 91/2? I stand to be corrected mind

It wasn't, Leeds won Division 2 (old money) 1989-90 season, they then finished 4th the next season before winning the final Division 1 season in 91-92 before it became The Premier League.

The answer is Nottingham Forest 77-78 season. They finished 3rd the previous season in Div 2 and won the title at their first attempt.

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020
You could come up with this sort of analysis for nearly every promoted side every single year - Norwich last year being a case in point. The bottom line is, form in the Championship isn't worth a w**k up here. If it was, we'd still have Sam Baldock leading the line.

What was my analysis, I was answering a direct question on who would make a combined side?

Funny. I could probably find 100 Tweets from Leeds fans saying they wouldn't pay more than £25m for a player who hasn't proved himself in the Premier League. .

That's Twitter for you, Brighton clearly value White at £30m+, Brighton set the value in reality. Villa bid £30m for Phillips last year, he's only increased in value and is at PL club now.

As I said a few pages back, I expect Rice and Phillips to battle it out for a Euro's spot as Englands DM.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was my analysis, I was answering a direct question on who would make a combined side?
Your analysis where you cherry-pick 4 players who had decent seasons in the Championship as reasons for why Leeds will do well next season.

Take Ayling: We've seen Ayling play against us several times - Yeovil, D&R and Bristol City. I have a particular reason for following his progress and can say he has always been a competent performer, but there is no way he is a Premier league player for anyone other than a bottom 6 side.

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020
I cannot recall whether you have ever posted on a thread about Mooy or Ryan. Strange that you have now commented about Leeds - do they have any Australians that you follow ?

I haven't, I've been a lurker and decided to sign up. I'm not being disrespectful I hope.

I also used to post on the Hudderfield forums before Mooy moved. I started reading this forum the day that Maty moved from Valencia.

I have a passing interest in Leeds from their days in the 90's, they had a big Australian contingent in Kewell, Viduka, Okon, Burns, Foxe on the books.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Your analysis where you cherry-pick 4 players who had decent seasons in the Championship as reasons for why Leeds will do well next season.

Take Ayling: We've seen Ayling play against us several times - Yeovil, D&R and Bristol City. I have a particular reason for following his progress and can say he has always been a competent performer, but there is no way he is a Premier league player for anyone other than a bottom 6 side.

But you are clearly forgetting who the manager is. Bielsa has turned Ayling into the new Cafu. We can't compete with that.

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020

Huh? I think you need to re-read my post and the quote I was answering.

I wasn't saying that at all.

If you asked me that question I would answer it completely different. The poster asked a direct question regarding who would make combined sides?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think what's worrying is that is the take they agreed to post. They're not in time with each other, they're all doing their own hand movements. The end bit has one of them doing a 'raise the roof' gesture while the others were doing bird gestures. I mean, they had clearly planned it, and practised it, and yet that was the take they posted.

My sister and her little friends used to practice those little dances for HOURS and my 8 year old daughter does the same thing with her pre pubescent chums now.

It’s good to see Palace upholding the synchronised dance banner for older boys! Can you imagine what they’d do to us if we had a homoerotic all male dance troupe?

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020

Yes, so the original question of who would make the bench of a combined side (Brighton being a bottom 6 side in 19/20) would have some merit then by your own admission?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, so the original question of who would make the bench of a combined side (Brighton being a bottom 6 side in 19/20) would have some merit then by your own admission?
Well I don't think Ayling would get into our side, he's not as good as what we already have IMO.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

They are so deluded. I am not going to assume we are going to finish above them but there is certainly a good chance. On the one hand you have a team with three years in the Premier League so far, who have just completed their first season under a new manager with players developing well and two new signings already with Champions League experience and some good young players returning from loan spells (including one who was a key part of Leeds promotion).

On the other hand, you have a team with a manager still out of contract, who won a pretty weak Championship last season, with Patrick Bamford as only striker currently (unless they are forced to pay £20 million for a player they don't want), whose only signings have been players returning who were on loan last season or under 23s and finally have lost one of their best players from last season and will have to pay a lot of money to sign him permanently (which may well not happen anyway). Yes, I can see why we have no chance of finishing above them. He is definitely right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here