Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell - A truely dignifed Man

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I personally think the guy is a legend and is certainly one of the best managers we have ever had. Up their with Micky.

Sometimes I sit and think why the hell he re-signed for us this summer. He knows how fecking hard it is for us to attract players to Withdean after last season, yet he re-signed with what purports to be a paltry budget - despite Zamora's sale ~ which he was aware of.

The Dean Blackwell scenario typifies the bloke. An honourable man.

In these dark times, the fact we have him on board is more important than Zamora still being here IMHO and I feel proud to have him as boss of our club. I just hope he's here to see Falmer in. :) :drink:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
In my eyes Coppell is already well on his way to becoming an Albion legend after the miracle he so nearly manufactured last year out of a truly awful situation...

I'm not expecting too much from him this year to be honest given the lack of funds he's got to work with but one thing is for sure and thats honest Steve will give it 110% to see we do the best we can...

I'm very pleased this man is our manager, a true gentleman of the game.
Raise a glass for Sir Steve :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I hate to say it but this is why the Palace fans loved him

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
please now can everyone try and make an effort to sing
" stevie coppell's blue and white army"
??? ??? ???

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I like his humility. Whereas most managers have really milked that walk from the dressing room to the dugout at withdean, he does that thing where he gets there as quickly as possible with a few nods to the crowd.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tony Le Mesmer said:
I personally think the guy is a legend and is certainly one of the best managers we have ever had. Up their with Micky.

Sometimes I sit and think why the hell he re-signed for us this summer. He knows how fecking hard it is for us to attract players to Withdean after last season, yet he re-signed with what purports to be a paltry budget - despite Zamora's sale ~ which he was aware of.

The Dean Blackwell scenario typifies the bloke. An honourable man.

In these dark times, the fact we have him on board is more important than Zamora still being here IMHO and I feel proud to have him as boss of our club. I just hope he's here to see Falmer in. :) :drink:

I couldn't have put it better myself Tony. Well said.

:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or David Lee ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What I do like about Coppell is no bullshit ever.

I suppose the girls would call him a thinking man's manager ?

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Normandy seagull said:
please now can everyone try and make an effort to sing
" stevie coppell's blue and white army"
??? ??? ???
I keep trying that. I was one of two people who tried to keep that chant going, up at Sheffield United.
PLEASE GET BEHIND STEVIE COPPELL

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
A great man and a sharp manager with a dry sense of humour.
He's also had a personal tragedy this summer with his brother being killed in a car accident.

SC deserves great support this season even if we hit a bad patch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is an understated dignity about the fella that I think commands respect. He just exudes a calm authority. Coppell has such a vast knowledge of the game, such a wealth of experience from such a hugely varied career. He's played at the top level for club and country, managed clubs on a shoestring, took Palace to 3rd in the old Division One and as well as a Cup Final (ok, that hurt).

His achievements in the game speak for themself - which is just as well, as he's too modest a man to speak up for them.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
:drink: I have to agree with all the previous posts Coppell has proved what sort of man and manager he is by staying with us for another season. Dispite being like our sponsors SKINT!!!! sorry that was bad LOL!!!!

I,ll be there and I will be singing "Stevie Coppells blue and white army We hate Palarse!!"":clap:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
here here to all previous posts.

It's quite possible,with all this in mind,that he's here for personal reasons, he is a good man with imagination and is maybe staying out of the goodness of his heart, fully aware that we may not be able to pay our way at the moment but unable to leave us in the lurch due to his 'history' with Brighton.

I think he has no intention of staying longer than is necessary to see us to safety and at least happy after getting the go-ahead for Falmer.
Then at least it'll be in our hands to become the sort of club that will attract the likes of SC and BZ back to the resurgent mighty South Coast.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I totally agree with the mood of this thread; we are SO lucky to have Coppell, he's a decent, honourable man and a fine manager. However just wait until we go three games or so without a win (it will happen), then this board will be full of posts saying how Coppell's a Palace man, not up to the job, heart's not in it , blah blah blah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here