Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer help please - Screen resolution

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Screen resolution is still 1024 x 768 but for some reason when I quit champ manager last night everything on the screen was double the size, and some stuf not even on the screen.

Help please?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i ad that trouble once. unfortunately i dont actually remember how i rectified it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Firstly, you've tried rebooting? This is Windows, it fixes a lot of problems....

If that doesn't fix it, and the resolution hasn't actually changed (double-check to make sure), the DPI setting probably has. This is in the Advanced settings for your monitor (I think, not got XP in front of me here). It should be either 96 or 72 - I think 96 is default in XP.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
MYOB said:
Firstly, you've tried rebooting? This is Windows, it fixes a lot of problems....

If that doesn't fix it, and the resolution hasn't actually changed (double-check to make sure), the DPI setting probably has. This is in the Advanced settings for your monitor (I think, not got XP in front of me here). It should be either 96 or 72 - I think 96 is default in XP.

Yeah, tried re-booting. And tried every screen resolution setting.

What should I do to the DPI thing, and where can I find it? :dunce:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its the way CM is set up.....it automatically changes your resolution to what it wants....Medal of Honor also has that habit.

When you reboot it should have recified it, if not right click on your desktop, properties, settings and change it in the little box

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
On the tab/page of the appearance settings where you set the resolution, theres a depiction of your monitor(s), with an "Advanced" button. Its in there somewhere.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what do want to start messing round with DPI's for?

are you really a tekkie MYOB?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dies Irae said:
what do want to start messing round with DPI's for?

are you really a tekkie MYOB?

If he has actually made sure his screen resolution is back to normal (I'm not there beside him, I can't check)
:rolleyes: the only other way that -everything- looks f***ed up and out of proportion is that CM altered the DPI settings.

Put up a screenshot of whats actually wrong if its not absolutely everything incorrectly sized.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MYOB said:
If he has actually made sure his screen resolution is back to normal (I'm not there beside him, I can't check)
:rolleyes: the only other way that -everything- looks f***ed up and out of proportion is that CM altered the DPI settings.

Put up a screenshot of whats actually wrong if its not absolutely everything incorrectly sized.

interesting theory.

We had a mail round from MIS in the states expressly stating that under no circumstances were we to change DPI settings on our PC's and LAP tops ( 1,367,000 world wide at the last count) as it damages something or other. Instead, we re-image the machines that have become corrupt! Hence we are not allowed to play games on them ( Sackable offence)

I suppose that is a bit extreme for a personal machine but there you go.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I haven't got a clue what it could damage... More likely the department are just trying to save time fixing problems by warning people away from doing anything that might cause them.

Anyway, the DPI -should- be either 72 or 96, depending on Windows version.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
all ours are set to 96 and they have locked down the settings/advanced button!!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh, the joys of using your computer as it came from the image :p

I can change my DPI settings, or indeed any other screen settings to, in work any time I want to. I just have to stop and restart X11 to do so....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here