Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chin Splints

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Does anybody suffer with these?

If you do have you had any luck at all with shifting them, and if you have what did you do?

I am suffering badly at the moment and the only advice the doctor has given me is to do no exercise what so ever for 6 months and see if that improves things. If I did that I would gain about 3 stone in weight (as dieting is not a speciality of mine) so am currently opting for just training through the pain.

Any help much appreciated.

James

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Chin splints :lolol: pretty funny typo

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Changing the shoes I was running in really helped me, there are also warm up exercises you can do on you tube that will help.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In all seriousness I suffered with these for a while. Get some properly fitted shoes and stretch and warm up properly. Get a good muscle soak for the bath as well.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

If you do have you had any luck at all with shifting them, and if you have what did you do?

I am suffering badly at the moment and the only advice the doctor has given me is to do no exercise what so ever for 6 months and see if that improves things. If I did that I would gain about 3 stone in weight (as dieting is not a speciality of mine) so am currently opting for just training through the pain.

James

1st to come up with an excuse not to do the Sellhurst to Amex, congratulations :D

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Almost certainly you are trying to do too much, too quickly. A rapid increase in physical exercise needs time for your legs to adjust. That said, 6 months is ridiculous!

Give you legs a rest for a couple of weeks, then modest running, avoiding hills, and mix in with some cross training (bike/swim?). In mean time, lots of RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

Decent running shoes will help, but its mainly about building up the exercise, and now you have shin splints, giving the muscles time to heal.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

James

I have got realy bad Xbox thumb i could be the 2nd to pull out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here