Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City 0-0 Albion - Official Reaction Thread

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Vocal Away Support Today

Must admit to thinking that it was distinctively quiet today after our last outing at Ashton Gate, where we completely outsung them on the terraces.

Was stood on far side of away pen, by home fans who put us to shame from where I was.

Anyone else feel that it was quiet, considering the magnitude of the game?
???

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
First half I thought we were excellent (singing), then first 30 mins of second half they ran the match, and we were fairly quiet. However, last ten - fifteen mins we found our voices again, and ended the game on a high.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
When I have been to a few games at Ashton Gate people often comment that it is really hard to actually hear the other stands singing. Probably in the away end because the low roof keeps a lot of the noise in and prevents you from hearing the others.

Still, excellent point today. I can't help feeling that has given the team a big boost that we can get a result away from home. Have to give McGhee credit, BC started the game really brightly so he played 5 across midfield with Leon Knight on the ing until things settled down well. Shows we can do it. Thought Butters and Cullip were excellent and DC was unlucky to be penalised as often as he was.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When they started singing "what's it like to suck a cock" several of the women in front of me got up and said "nice" :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bcfc V Bhafc

I thought we gained a good point today.

We were under the cosh for long periods of the game and created very little up front.

Word of warning to Dan Harding - FFS be more careful when passing the ball nearly dropped us in it several times with stupid passes.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the last 15 minutes was brilliant on behalves.
when their guy went down inured, we started singing "we are brighton" and i reckon about 99% of our crowd must have sung at the top of our voices.

this then wound up the bristol cousins to our left and they started singing and we got louder and nicked the blue army chant.

must have been the loudest we have been this season?:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Bring back Mayo :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

No that won't help either - just needs to be more careful, look up when you pass out of defence.

He made a couple of crucial challenges and I'd rather him than Mayo or Watson

Oh and a fabulous good evening Ernest :wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have never heard a more pathetic song for Rougier than the one they sung.

Our Lalala Rougier stunned them and then to follow it up with Shall we sing a song for you was hilarious

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Rougier loved it as well - sly clap of the hands

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
Thanks for that!

Bloody hell you lot are bad!!! You were sooooooo boring today , i would expect more than that from the team in a playoff place!Today made me realize how piss poor this division is. Fair enough you got your point that you set out to get (judging by the celebrations of your players at the end , thought they'd won the fa cup!). But bloody hell were not so good that you have to put 11 men behind the ball , cheat , dive and roll around for hours time wasting , if you actually attacked us with tony (the donkey) butler in defence you could have torn us apart. But you were just as cack as every other team in this division (apart from oldham who came to attack , and gues what they beat us) , your passing was woefull , your keeper was awfull , he's even worse than phillips on crosses!! The only thing that was worse than that was our finnishing and our attacking play , wilson took rougier off when he was tearing you to peices and brought murray on when he should have waited another 2o mins , by that time i'm sure we would have scored with rougier on the pitch. I probably sound bitter (which i am because we have blown the chance to go second) but i just dont think football , if you can call it that (more like hoofball or cheatball or diveball) should be played like that , isnt it about winning? And at least attempting to score goals? None of which you did today and i'm sick of teams coming to ashton gate to do this , which is why i really hope we get out of this division so we can play against other football teams (we dont play hoofball like the majority of teams in this division , i'm not including you in that because i'm sure your capable of playing some football) and have good matches and go out to win games. We may get stuffed but atleast it will be proper football without pointless time wasting when its 1-1 or 0-0. (obviously some teams in division 1 do this but its a much more competetive division). Good luck in the playoffs were we will probably meet you and loose to you because of your great "football" tactics. ie what cardiff did against us last year ,(sheep shagging bastards) win the first leg slenderly (and may i add luckily , no i'm not biost ,honest ;) ) and then sat back and got a 0-0 draw (again very luckily) , they did the same to qpr in the final and got won the game (yes you guessed it , luckily:D ). :angry: :angry:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i do kinda agree with you.
dont know if we had a shot on target, worse still that was one of our better performances of the season. it does show what a poor division it is. (your up there :jester: after all)
With any kind of away form we would be up there with Plymouth, but we are shite away from home and we have to admit it. it was only 4/5 months ago we were top of the division by about 4points. We were a much better team in division 1 - we actually were capable of passing the ball less than 10 yards and on the floor.

Home we play rubbish, the atmosphere is rubbish, the ground is rubbish, but we get the results (apart from you p1ssing on us)

Away, we play rubbish, the atmosphere is amazing, the grounds are good(ish) and the team dissapoint us nearly everytime

its just a compromise we have to make - but i guess thats what being a football fan is all about.

if we do get into the play offs and go up IMHO i think the only way to do it is a 0-0 away, a scrappy 1-0 at home, and a scrappy 1-0 at cardiff - more probably penalties. but i that is what it takes to get to division 1, then so be it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here