Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's women's team - what's going on

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This may be a daft question but why can't they play at the Amex?

If Albion women want to move to Whitehawk and us play at the AMEX in exchange we'd be fine with that. We'd ask Albion men to move any Saturday fixtures though. We're not playing on Fridays or Mondays.

Guaranteed crowd of 500 and lots of us like pies.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I assume it is because cost of putting a game on at Amex and not viable with gates of 700/800. It can't be because looking after the pitch because at Brentfords new ground they share with London Irish Rugby and there pitch always seems good

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

they've played the occasional game there but generally it's too expensive to have regular games with small crowds

Crawley is probably about the right size, just in the wrong place

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I guess it is partly economic (just turning the lights on must cost a fortune) and partly due to having a small crowd in a bit stadium looks rubbish and can't help the atmosphere at all. Also assume the grounds staff wouldn't be happy having extra matches on their precious pitch.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I assume it is because cost of putting a game on at Amex and not viable with gates of 700/800. It can't be because looking after the pitch because at Brentfords new ground they share with London Irish Rugby and there pitch always seems good

And of course only charge I think £5 so very little income

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Victoria Williams and Kayleigh Green signed new contracts, Poppy Pattinson joins us today from Everton.
No word on Miss le tiss though
Williams' and Green's best days are behind them. Le Tissier was our best player last year. I just don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The thing that put me off last season was the way Seagull Travel collects from everywhere with one bus. I have been to several games, but I think it was for the Leicester game, the bus went through central Brighton, past Kemp Town, then up to Crawley. Having picked it up in Portslade, I must have been on the bus for 90 minutes.

I appreciate it's free travel, and ST are obliged to collect everyone, but I might enquire about the pick up points before booking next time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Poppy Pattinson joins us today from Everton.

76B01455-C4FA-441C-945C-FB6D6E592EE0.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

other than costs for small crowds, i recall the planning permission limit wouldnt allow the number of games.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can someone explain Le Tissier was allowed to walk out when she signed a 2 year contract only a year ago

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But can she do it on a cold night in Stoke? ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good opportunity to dump the women's team and save the club some money.

Very short sighted & narrow minded view, you are obviously not looking at the big picture are you.
Women's football is one of the fastest growing sports, and being at the top table in the beginning is a major aim of Mr Bloom.
You forget the more "people" including girls, women, ladies, boys and men who have interaction with the Albion the more people will support all the Albion teams.
Mothers have daughter's and son's both of which with positive interaction with all forms of the Albion then surely only good things can come from that including growth in revenue.

No ?

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very short sighted & narrow minded view, you are obviously not looking at the big picture are you.
Women's football is one of the fastest growing sports, and being at the top table in the beginning is a major aim of Mr Bloom.
You forget the more "people" including girls, women, ladies, boys and men who have interaction with the Albion the more people will support all the Albion teams, Mothers have daughter's and son's both of which with positive interaction with all forms of the Albion only good things can come from that including growth in revenue.

No ?

100%

Main thing here is it's Tony's money, it's not hurting the club. Perhaps he'll look at a club in Hove and finance them, Sussex CCC. Never know we might win a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here