Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did anyone notice Enciso at the end? Seemed a bit upset on the walk-round, is he off as well?

He certainly seemed happy enough when he got round to the North Stand but maybe his chaperone had suggested some off season training routines by then :wink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You're talking about factless statements and then you claim that Moder waked through England's midfield and defence. There's no fact in that. He tackled a defender, got the ball back in the area and finished it well. At no point did he take anyone on let alone the whole of the midfield and defence. At no point has he ever taken anyone on for that matter.
Actually - he did go past about three players in one little burst today - cutting in from the right on about the halfway line.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He did. Looked fairly comfortable at RB despite my misgivings before the game. Baleba, Barco the other two standouts. Webster and Adingra were decent. JP had an uncharacteristic off day, which is forgivable. Taking off Lallana, while probably a neccesity, ruined us. Ensico was hopeless.
Yeah, Ensico was totally invisible.
How did Enciso do?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
FWIW I want Moder here next season, even if he’s not starting every game. He can tackle, he can pass, he can even finish on occasion. I see him as a multi-position utility player, rather as March used to be, and Milner is/was (tbc)

I’d be interested to see if/how an incoming coach used him tbh.
Milner was multi-position in the sense he was c*** wherever we played him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Care to enlighten me ?
Only if you watch it, I'm afraid. I'm not IT clever enough to put in links to segments of programmes. Hopefully someone will oblige (and I don't know about Oz, but the BBC is available on the red button for a while over here).

Luke the Lucky

May 1, 2024
Care to enlighten me ?
In response to de Zerbi saying he wanted to do it his way, Ian Wright said Tony Bloom was right to tell him, go on then, go do it your way, that moving him on was the correct decision.

He says when it was going well Bloom did succumb and bought a few players that rdz wanted and it's not worked out, dahoud as an example.

When rdz did try to do it his way it didn't work, mentions how only one win in last 10 games, 17 points in 2nd half of the season and looked like someone who was sulking this half of the season.

Said Bloom and Brighton should continue doing what we've been doing as we've done brilliantly staying in the PL and get the couches in to play how he wants to play as its how we survive in this league.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The stats show that we matched Man U in every department, except for the all important matter of scoring goals. Where have we seen that before?
The day was overshadowed by the manager’s departure… what now ?, I wonder…….

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The stats show that we matched Man U in every department, except for the all important matter of scoring goals. Where have we seen that before?
The day was overshadowed by the manager’s departure… what now ?, I wonder…….
Yesterday felt like a bit of progress though. We were hitting the target at least. Two goal line clearances.

And I've run out of straws to clutch now

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just finished watching the first half highlights, we should have been 2 up at least and you could argue Bruno should have been sent off.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Woke up. Still fuming.

So unprofessional to turn an important fixture, with league places against our rivals and millions of pounds in prize money, into a sentimental goodbye, to Steele and Lallana. And let's be honest here, both of them have middling records for us.

I can't believe we sent Lallana off like a club legend. I drool over the immaculate close control and short passing as much as anyone. But he's contributed next to no output in the 4 years he's been here. He hasn't been able to run at anything above a jog for the whole season. And i'm 10 years older I can get more power in my shots when wearing my sandals. And as I predicted about 17 times on this site, he's not taking up the coaching role, people lazily shoed him in for. He's going to coach elsewhere. We've properly done our money on him. But he's a manager's favourite so he gets a nice 55 minute swansong

I do actually like Steele. But the question is settled, he's behind Verbruggen. There's no question of him being a serious part in our future so why play him?

I'm now going to go on one of the Palace threads on here to congratulate some of the Palace fans about finishing above us. Every word will be horrific to type. I've stuck up for De Zerbi the whole time he's been here. But he has properly f***** this up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here