Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As furious as I am with the officials, we’ve conceded a minute after scoring twice now, and are conceding some soft goals. We’re too nice at present, if we’re not careful we’re going to be playing lovely attacking football, but still fighting at the bottom.

Spot on.

We concede when we're on top in games and miss too many chances.

It doesn't matter how good you are, those two things combined = relegation battle.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
When the final whistle went. Shouldn't we have walked off. The referee could have done his var review while we are off getting changed

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone hear the shouts from outside the ground of 'Seagulls' on the box ?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Who else thinks that, at some point this season, we are going to absolutely tonk an opposition side?

We've been superb in our first three games and unlucky with two of the results. I'd imagine the players are going to be really fired up for the next games.

Thought the same last season - tonked teams to a draw or lost through the first half of season. Wasn't worried as I thought the results will come..........bring on 2020 and we were shite and a scrap to avoid the drop ensued. Should have put it away when we had the chance. Need someone to finish these chances, or we will be in the same boat.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going to sleep after scoring will be our undoing.
The resolve must be kept up during these periods and we have to become more mentally strong.
That was when the game was lost, that and the goal posts.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I feel like we've said that so often since GP took over. When are these other given days going to come (against the big teams)?

I agree though overall

Yeah and this was never said under CH in the Prem because we did not create anywhere near as many chances. At least when we take to the field now I expect that we will score and I have a reasonable amount of confidence that we can come away with a win rather than a draw. GP has taken the parked bus, got the engine running, sorted out the suspension and just needs a few more teaks and those horror days of opposition fans chanting OLE are going to be very distant memories.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You missed the 83 cup final then? We played Utd then too :D

I was at the 83 Cup Final but don’t think we ever controlled the game like that. For me, given the calibre of opposition, I think yesterday was possibly the finest performance I’ve ever seen from the Albion, let down only by the finishing. That’s Chelsea and Manchester United we’ve outplayed with no reward. Never mind some outstanding young players, keeping the manager is going to be equally tough long term.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah and this was never said under CH in the Prem because we did not create anywhere near as many chances. At least when we take to the field now I expect that we will score and I have a reasonable amount of confidence that we can come away with a win rather than a draw. GP has taken the parked bus, got the engine running, sorted out the suspension and just needs a few more teaks and those horror days of opposition fans chanting OLE are going to be very distant memories.

I was at the 83 Cup Final but don’t think we ever controlled the game like that. For me, given the calibre of opposition, I think yesterday was possibly the finest performance I’ve ever seen from the Albion, let down only by the finishing. That’s Chelsea and Manchester United we’ve outplayed with no reward. Never mind some outstanding young players, keeping the manager is going to be equally tough long term.

I just really hope we have something to show for our style of play by the end of this season. A solid mid table finish would be great and the way we've played so far there's no way we can't achieve that and then some. But, will we take enough chances, and will we stop shipping frustrating goals, particularly just after scoring?

We'll see, but it'll be really disappointing if we do end up in another scrap despite playing the best football we've ever played as a club, and having the reputation of playing brilliant football but lacking killer edge. Fingers crossed we'll have more days like Newcastle rather than yesterday

Edit:no idea why nickjhs post has also been quoted!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The game is being repeated on BT at 0930. Wouldn't normally watch when we lose but that was such a good performance I'm gonna watch it again.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I just really hope we have something to show for our style of play by the end of this season. A solid mid table finish would be great and the way we've played so far there's no way we can't achieve that and then some. But, will we take enough chances, and will we stop shipping frustrating goals, particularly just after scoring?

We'll see, but it'll be really disappointing if we do end up in another scrap despite playing the best football we've ever played as a club, and having the reputation of playing brilliant football but lacking killer edge. Fingers crossed we'll have more days like Newcastle rather than yesterday

Spot on!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Agree. All very well ‘dominating‘ games, playing ‘brilliantly’, being ‘proud’ (of losing) but if we don’t transform into goals and points, cut out the silly mistakes, then, just as people were applauding this time last year, we’ll be sucked into relegation fight. And all the pressures and mistakes that brings. Let’s hope not. Equally let’s not forget we’ve lost our opening two home games, conceding 6 goals. You’d think it was the other way round reading some posts. Sometimes, gotta just win ugly rather than lose prettily.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree. All very well ‘dominating‘ games, playing ‘brilliantly’, being ‘proud’ (of losing) but if we don’t transform into goals and points, cut out the silly mistakes, then, just as people were applauding this time last year, we’ll be sucked into relegation fight. And all the pressures and mistakes that brings. Let’s hope not. Equally let’s not forget we’ve lost our opening two home games, conceding 6 goals. You’d think it was the other way round reading some posts. Sometimes, gotta just win ugly rather than lose prettily.

You’re so keen to point out all our failings but don’t forget we haven’t lost away this year. I know we’re likely to lose at Goodson next week but try balancing your opinion about the team, and manager.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I saw a few tweets yesterday calling for Southgate to be ditched, and Potter in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here