Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford Stadium

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Catering issues at a new venue aren’t unique.

Many put the boot into the service and fare offered up by Eilor in the early Amex era, the club eventually losing patience and booting them out after 15 months.

It’s true, I am convinced I am still yet to pass a Priestfield Burger.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Thought it was great. Maximised the space available. My view was good, even if I don’t like being in a corner. Errr, food a bit limited. Tony after Tross goal. “Look at his face, just look at his face!”. Was right in front of the legend that is Mr T Bloom. Great day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Are they a bit stuck if they want to expand the capacity? Its built squeezed amongst flats, train tracks, and busy roads.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The limited catering offer isn't unusual. Stewarding was plentiful but not overly knowledgeable but expected due to only 2nd game. My biggest surprise was the design of roof and seats at the back of the stands, it looks like they could've squeezed more into the back rows and the design of the roof looked horrid in the corners. The TV screen on top of the stand was very difficult to see due to the glare and picture quality. I was surprised at how limiting the capacity is and it doesn't seem to be built for premier League football. However, nice and easy to get to and would happily go again every season

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Are they a bit stuck if they want to expand the capacity? Its built squeezed amongst flats, train tracks, and busy roads.

I guess they would expand the same way we have - fill in a bit here, add an upper tier there. Unless you're talking about travel problems.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s unlikely.

The original design was for a 20,000 stadium, expandable to 25,000.

But that proved too costly, so instead they part funded a reduced 17,500 stadium by forfeiting much of the site for 900 new apartments.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Thought it was great. Maximised the space available. My view was good, even if I don’t like being in a corner. Errr, food a bit limited. Tony after Tross goal. “Look at his face, just look at his face!”. Was right in front of the legend that is Mr T Bloom. Great day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not put Tony right on the striker situation?

Lol

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From the Press Box, both sets of fans sounded noisy, especially in parts of the game where one team was on top of the other.

Brentford fans singing 'we'll sing on our own', and Brighton fans singing 'shall we sing a song for you' was evidently indicative of the acoustics. This isn't so much a problem as it's the players who get to hear all sides.

Beer was available in the home concourses - London Pride (obvs), and Groslch.

As for the stewards, they were as helpful and friendly as they could be, but there were clearly some teething issues.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's OK, apart from the shite multi-coloured seats.

I know I'm in a minority, but this is a hill I'd die on.

Multi-coloured seats make it significantly harder to see empty spaces - unused, or vacated early.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fans sounded loud on Peacock and noticeably the away support - had wondered if the microphones were placed near the away end based on some of the reviews of attendees

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They look like my granny’s multi-coloured quilt.

Brentford's colour choice is... unfortunate. Effect can be much more subtle...

84468636-rows-of-blue-seats-at-football-stadium-convenient-sitting-for-all-.jpg

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I really liked it; it has quirky features like the V corners and the multi-coloured seats which differentiates it from the bland identikit stadiums like St.Mary's, etc. Perhaps they don't have a licence to sell beer in the away section yet, but other than that I think it's a great place to watch football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From the Press Box, both sets of fans sounded noisy, especially in parts of the game where one team was on top of the other.

Brentford fans singing 'we'll sing on our own', and Brighton fans singing 'shall we sing a song for you' was evidently indicative of the acoustics. This isn't so much a problem as it's the players who get to hear all sides.

Beer was available in the home concourses - London Pride (obvs), and Groslch.

As for the stewards, they were as helpful and friendly as they could be, but there were clearly some teething issues.

Very hard to hear them from the away end. Although like the Amex their noisy stand is the other side of pitch. Thought the away atmo was very good yesterday.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here