Big telly bargain!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Just received this email from Sharp

The stylish piano-black 52 inch LC52XD1E from Sharp's award winning FULL HIGH DEFINITION XD range is temporarily available at £1299, direct from sharp.co.uk. Simply order on or before 17 October 2007 and enter the following promotional code during checkout: sharp52

thats a reduction of £1000!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not a true saving of £1000 as it's well over-priced at £2299 - it can be had on other places for around £1500.

£1299 is a good price however.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Just received this email from Sharp

The stylish piano-black 52 inch LC52XD1E from Sharp's award winning FULL HIGH DEFINITION XD range is temporarily available at £1299, direct from sharp.co.uk. Simply order on or before 17 October 2007 and enter the following promotional code during checkout: sharp52

thats a reduction of £1000!!!

The Sharp XD1E series are second only to the very top end Sony LCD's.
I paid £1050 in January for the 42" version (which was a bargain at the time) and its superb.

If your room is big enough for a 52" TV, then go for it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's not a true saving of £1000 as it's well over-priced at £2299 - it can be had on other places for around £1500.

£1299 is a good price however.

If you think £1299 is a good price for a telly, you earn too much bloody money !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I just measured it on my living room wall.....................

...............................reckon I'd have to knock through to next door to watch it in comfort! That is a seriously big screen and yes I agree - if you can spend that on a tv you could afford to lend me some:D

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
thats a great price for something outputting full High Def on that size screen. If I hadn't got my 50" TV just over a year ago (sadly not full HD just 720p/1080i) then I'd certainly be ordering one.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I was in John Lewis in Oxford Street last week and they've got a 103" Plasma on the wall

Unbelievable. They had a Blue Ray DVD going through it and it looked incredible.

An absolute SNIP at £50,000

They have a 100something" set up in House of Fraser as well, with lots of men fawning all over it as if it were some miraculous being. Paddy chatted to the techy geek working there and they have sold four of them, you pay all that money and they don't even deliver it for free.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I just measured it on my living room wall.....................

...............................reckon I'd have to knock through to next door to watch it in comfort!

Our 50" is in a room about 18'x13' so certainly not huge! Believe me, you get used to it and end up thinking that maybe it's a bit small! It's only when friends who haven't seen it come round and comment on it you realise it is pretty big still!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
We were wondering if the 42" Bravia on special for £949 at Ken Johnstones in Shoreham was a deal or not...

Depends which model it is ???

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Where are you going to put a 42" screen ?? Zef could watch that from the workshop !!

oooh - thats an idea - he might actually come into the house then!! :rant::lol:

and ps we're going to put it straight over the massive inglenook fireplace which we've just installed which has consumed half of the next door neighbours living room - she's thrilled for us ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports