[Albion] Best feeling or moment watching the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was talking to GCCM Junior and Junior 2 this evening, and considering the best moments watching Brighton over the years. I have been a fan since the early 70's and they've been going with me since the mid noughties. For me, I love the memories of Peter Ward who it seemed engendered a frisson of excitement each time he got hold of the ball, memorably in particular against Walsall when we were 7-nil winners in the teeming rain after a bore draw at half time. Then we had promotions, and the incredible Case goal at Highbury and grief at the final in 83 with subsequent relegation. Of course the highlight of the gory years was the Fans United days and then the incredible escape at Hereford. I loved the Micky Adams years and followed us all around the midlands and north of England, we were on the rise and it was great with Knight and Zamora and co. The progress of the club since Bloom came along has been better and better each season, except for the Hyppia experience.

One of my lads said the promotion to the PL was the best thing, the other said the Chelsea game when we exacted revenge on Potter and co. For me though, I am just happily enjoying the feeling of a level of success that I never once contemplated in all the years of supporting the club I love in all divisions and at the top and bottom parts of each of those leagues. I can honestly say I am gaining the most enjoyment from our achievement this year and am still basking in the glow of so many amazing memories from this season that I am in no hurry to start the next although I am in good hope that it will be another cracker.

Last season gave us the Chelsea thrashing and Potter comeuppance, two fantastic Liverpool victories almost back to back, Enciso's wonder-goal at Chelsea and his incredible goal against city at the Amex, Mac Allister's 98th minute penalty against Man U and the win that ended Arsenal's title hopes to name a few high points in a season of high points.

It is hard to imagine we will exceed our 6th placed finish, but maybe I will dare to dream.....

What do you think are the best moments this club has enjoyed, or moments that you have enjoyed watching us the most?

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Cullips goal and then the pitch invasion against Chesterfield. As that win confirmed that we’d won the league regardless of their points deduction.
More recently Encisos goal v city. A genuine moment to make me speechless, no words just a silly smile on my face 😁

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Nothing has ever topped full time at Hereford for me, I did not see a future if we’d lost that :shrug:

Although everything mentioned by @Green Cross Code Man was fecking brilliant

Always dare to dream though, Champion’s League and Dublin, here we come :lolol:
It should really be Hereford, but Hereford for me felt more like relief than anything else. A bit like finishing a marathon when you can finally have a nice rest. (I've never run a marathon by the way).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was a great day but the chastening came in the replay
I had forgotten it was the replay we lost. I didn't see that being only 6 (although I went to some home games at that time in the chicken run). I did see the Leatherhead debacle just over a year later though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cullips goal and then the pitch invasion against Chesterfield. As that win confirmed that we’d won the league regardless of their points deduction.
More recently Encisos goal v city. A genuine moment to make me speechless, no words just a silly smile on my face 😁
I was unable to get to that Chesterfield match although I was at the away game that year that was a draw I think. A great moment and one in which I felt we were truly on our way back, whatever that may be, for the first time in a long time.

The Enciso moment, well I am still smiling. I genuinely shouted at my son as we celebrated 'That was the best moment of my life!' and then told him not to tell his mother. Amazing amazing moment, it made me feel much more alive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hereford

In the Premier League, I would say the second half against Man Utd at home last season, when everything clicked and we were incredible
That was wonderful and Ronaldo's face was a sight to behold!
2 nil down at grimsby mid 80s, scoring 4 in last 20 mins to win 4-2, memorable. A lovely evening in cleethorpes.
Sounds like an oxymoron.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I was unable to get to that Chesterfield match although I was at the away game that year that was a draw I think. A great moment and one in which I felt we were truly on our way back, whatever that may be, for the first time in a long time.

The Enciso moment, well I am still smiling. I genuinely shouted at my son as we celebrated 'That was the best moment of my life!' and then told him not to tell his mother. Amazing amazing moment, it made me feel much more alive.
At chelsea away I was right behind the goal where Enciso scored his pearler and everyone agreed - thats our goal of the season. Then he goes and gets another even better goal! Not just our goal of the season but THE goal of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports