Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Basic camera photo editing guidance

The Callings are planning to do some montages of the family, I know, photo companies such as Photo box do this service, I just wondered if there is a simple and free photo utilities package that someone can suggest?

I have looked at the software we got with our digital camera's but nothing jumps out.

Cheers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Picassa 3

Google it, download it (about 3 mins) and works a treat. Some good applications and good storage.

And it's FREE.

Get a Mac!

I have one of those in the attic, the photo's are on the PC. Any suggestions, actually if I download to a cd would and copy over would that work?

Picassa 3

Google it, download it (about 3 mins) and works a treat. Some good applications and good storage.

And it's FREE.

Cheers.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I've just started using a photo editing software package for the Mac called "The GIMP" (seriously, that is what it's called, makes for an interesting google search anyway), it's free and so far has been very good. Looks like they do it for PCs too

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Still cannot prize myself away from Photoshop. GIMP runs a treat on Ubuntu, it's very quick. The thing I dont like about GIMP is adding text to layers.
Cannot get used to menu layout either. They did bring a package out called GIMP SHOP that had the same layout as Photoshop, but I could not get it to work.

GIMPshop.com - A GIMP hack by Scott Moschella

Still cannot prize myself away from Photoshop. GIMP runs a treat on Ubuntu, it's very quick. The thing I dont like about GIMP is adding text to layers.
Cannot get used to menu layout either. They did bring a package out called GIMP SHOP that had the same layout as Photoshop, but I could not get it to work.

GIMPshop.com - A GIMP hack by Scott Moschella

For someone like me, who likes his photography but with 3 very young kids - so time is limited, can you recommend a photoshop package that could meet my basic needs and will be easy to follow. Eg some messing about, touching up, etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here