[Albion] Assault in away end

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well thats good news.

"Sussex Police published a security camera picture today (Monday 16 October) and urged the man to come forward."

Which means the police have an individual they want to talk to, (pictured in article) and you'd assume/hope the incident in question, from Marseille CCTV.

Now its public and published (from police)........ "allegedly" same chap @Kuipers Supporters Club ?
Well I guess the image published is the one shown, and that is not from a security camera.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well thats good news.

"Sussex Police published a security camera picture today (Monday 16 October) and urged the man to come forward."

Which means the police have an individual they want to talk to, (pictured in article) and you'd assume/hope the incident in question, from Marseille CCTV.

Now its public and published (from police)........ "allegedly" same chap @Kuipers Supporters Club ?

Yes that is definitely him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was accidentally punched at Villa Park. When they scored their second, bloke in front of me went absolutely mental with rage, punching the back of his seat with full force - except one punch missed and hit me pretty hard on the knee. He knew what he'd done, but no apology, no 'sorry mate'. We all get frustrated at games, but this guy clearly had anger issues. I'm now wondering if it was the same bloke, as I'd know his Villa Park seat number.
In contrast, I was grabbed and kissed by a chap at Wolves after we scored in the promotion season. He apologised and I said it was quite alright. It was the first time since I could remember that someone had given me a meaningful peck.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well thats good news.

This is a copy of the photo which was originally on here.

Well done Sussex Police.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Something very similar happened at Liverpool away last year. Again, it was a guy and his teenage son (the latter who was very upset.) it is eerily similar.

I think stewards got involved at Liverpool so maybe they have some information on who it was.

simonl

August1969
Feb 21, 2009
BN1
Something very similar happened at Liverpool away last year. Again, it was a guy and his teenage son (the latter who was very upset.) it is eerily similar.

I think stewards got involved at Liverpool so maybe they have some information on who it was.
Not the same guy. Both incidents were not far from me. Same trigger though, people not sitting / standing in correct seats.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hopefully this prick will get his comeuppance from the Old Bill as well as the club now.
Not a legal expert, but doesn't it need to be the French police getting involved if there are to be criminal consequences?

Club can of course impose a ban regardless of jurisdiction; and I'm sure that they will.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Not a legal expert, but doesn't it need to be the French police getting involved if there are to be criminal consequences?

Club can of course impose a ban regardless of jurisdiction; and I'm sure that they will.
There have been cases where the British police go abroad so I wonder if there is something to say that it doesn’t necessarily have to be on British soil?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Forget Police action, let’s face it, under the present climate “it ain’t gonna ‘appen”

This geezer has been outed, he’ll be getting a ban, he’s been shown up on social media, he’s made himself look a disgrace in front of his son.

If none of this bothers him. A heavy fine, community service or even 28 days in the jug certainly won’t.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I think UK courts can invoke extraterritorial jurisdiction for certain offences and deal with it in the UK - and that ABH is one of them. Whether that's the plan here I've no idea - may be that they just want to get all the evidence and pass it to the French police :shrug:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Forget Police action, let’s face it, under the present climate “it ain’t gonna ‘appen”

This geezer has been outed, he’ll be getting a ban, he’s been shown up on social media, he’s made himself look a disgrace in front of his son.

If none of this bothers him. A heavy fine, community service or even 28 days in the jug certainly won’t.
And now every other Albion fan knows what he looks like. Might as well have a target on his back for the next idiot to dish out some justice

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
There have been cases where the British police go abroad so I wonder if there is something to say that it doesn’t necessarily have to be on British soil?
British Police have no jurisdiction overseas although they go abroad as advisors and spotters for the local police for football. Unless the French Police go to the hassle of having him deported, (virtually no chance) I don't see any legal consequences for him despite the assailant being an apparent horrible nasty thug. Certain very serious offences committed overseas could potentially have local consequences. Assault isn't one of them.

Once he's identified and he's certain to be now, the club are of course free to do what they like regarding a ban, legal charges or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports