Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You really need to play the lottery with that rate of success. How many options did you have on guess 2 today?

23 options after my opener, several of which had already been a solution. So it was quite a lucky guess but not without logic. Having run through some options in my head it was clear that a fair few started/ended with the same combo. I went for the one that was the most common and had letters that appeared in several of the other possibilities.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
23 options after my opener, several of which had already been a solution. So it was quite a lucky guess but not without logic. Having run through some options in my head it was clear that a fair few started/ended with the same combo. I went for the one that was the most common and had letters that appeared in several of the other possibilities.
Excellent work!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is it getting 'easier' because there are fewer words to choose from - assuming there won't be any repetition?

Agreed, after 2 goes the answer became more obvious now I have a list of what answers have already been chosen
I don't think so - because I haven't downloaded such a list - and I've been getting better than average scores recently as well.

Except for today that it - when I seem to be the only person to have a five!

Wordle 944 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I don't think so - because I haven't downloaded such a list - and I've been getting better than average scores recently as well.

Wordle 944 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
But even before downloading a list, there were usually a number of options that I could discount because I could remember them coming up as answers.
I only downloaded a list because there have been occasions where I am misremembering.
That being said, I suspect my scores (and most other regulars) are getting better due to refining my strategy (or indeed devoping one over time). I was much more scattergun in my approach a year ago than I am now.
Not that it gets me anywhere near @Bakero levels.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same😠 Have a feeling that our guess 3 may have been the answer already.....come to think of it, my guess 2 may also have been an answer. I really must get that answer list going!

Wordle 944 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Just checked and if you had same guess 3 as me, yes it has been an answer before. Shame I didn’t check 🥲

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Repeated a yellow on guess 2 but still came away with a 3
Wordle 945 3/6
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Wordle 944 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Got a two instead of a three this morning purely because the word I was going to go with was a previous answer :shrug:

Hope you have a better Wordle day today!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 945 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

a fairly straightforward 4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here